Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Help.....tsw Rim Has Broke.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 10:15 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Sponger
Wow, that sucks. Did you hit a pothole or something? I have Thruxtons and they seem to be fairly strong.
i was driving straight down the road and i heard a loud pop...pulled off the highway and stopped because it started making a loud squeaky sound...I.E. metal rubbing against other metal and i notived that two of the spokes had broke straight through.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:16 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by SilverII
contact BBB then your local TV news
what do you mean by BBB and why the local news? to get the word out about TSW?

Old 05-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Years ago Infiniti/Nissan issued a warning about chroming oem wheels. Stating that chroming could [often] result in cracking and failure!

Last edited by Q45tech; 05-05-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:29 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by Q45tech
Years ago Infiniti/Nissan issued a warning about chroming oem wheels. Stating that chroming could [often] result in cracking and failure!
well i thikn i missed that memo....plus they are not oem wheels. they are aftermarket.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverII
contact BBB then your local TV news

Give me a break.

OP- atleast you didnt get hurt or your car didnt slam to the ground when the rim collapsed. If its $500 its $500, fork it out and live with it!

If I were you I'd pawn the other 3 rims off on ebay for cheap and just put the money towards a higher quality set of wheels. TSW has enough problems before you start messing with questionable chroming and such.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by fhumphrey04

Give me a break.

OP- atleast you didnt get hurt or your car didnt slam to the ground when the rim collapsed. If its $500 its $500, fork it out and live with it!

If I were you I'd pawn the other 3 rims off on ebay for cheap and just put the money towards a higher quality set of wheels. TSW has enough problems before you start messing with questionable chroming and such.
Seriously, give the OP a break !!!!
I think you are missing the whole point here, this should be brought to the manufacturer's attention and also to the owners of these rims. There are many out there running the same rims and this poses a very hazardous condition.
I think Myself or You would want this brought to our attention if we had those rims.
TSW does have problems if they are making an inferior product.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:28 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by GEE35X
I think you are missing the whole point here, this should be brought to the manufacturer's attention and also to the owners of these rims. There are many out there running the same rims and this poses a very hazardous condition.
I think Myself or You would want this brought to our attention if we had those rims.
thank you!!! if i am able i would but other than that they wont listen to me through the customer service part....

Old 05-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, that sucks. You get what you pay for- I'd be leery of buying rims that only cost $270 each new. I'm not a snob or anything, but wheels get subjected to high stresses and strains during use. I wish the best to the OP in getting this resolved.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Give him a break about what? Its a well known thing around this, and any other forum for that matter, that TSW wheels are inexpensive and have been known to be made from overly soft metals that are prone to bending (Too Soft Wheels)

Besides that issue what about the chroming? If you owned a wheel company and some guy went off and altered your wheels that way then wanted a refund when something went wrong, would you pay for the problem to be fixed?

This is no different than when car companies void warranties if the car has been modified from its original condition.

If anyone here is at fault it is the guy who sold them in the first place who didnt disclose about the previous repair. My bet is that the wheel cracked a long time ago and he had it repaired and THEN chromed all of them to cover it up.

Go back and give the guy a bad iTrader rating to warn others about the issue!

Old 05-05-2007, 02:02 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by fhumphrey04
Give him a break about what? Its a well known thing around this, and any other forum for that matter, that TSW wheels are inexpensive and have been known to be made from overly soft metals that are prone to bending (Too Soft Wheels)

Besides that issue what about the chroming? If you owned a wheel company and some guy went off and altered your wheels that way then wanted a refund when something went wrong, would you pay for the problem to be fixed?

This is no different than when car companies void warranties if the car has been modified from its original condition.

If anyone here is at fault it is the guy who sold them in the first place who didnt disclose about the previous repair. My bet is that the wheel cracked a long time ago and he had it repaired and THEN chromed all of them to cover it up.

Go back and give the guy a bad iTrader rating to warn others about the issue!
no your wrong....the rim that broke as i have showed in the pictures did not have any welds in it...the other side I.E. drivers side that isnt broken has welds in the back of 2 spokes. They caught the fracture before it broke. The other rim....I.E. the one that broke didnt have anything welded at all on it....there are no signs of anything broken. It just snapped the other day.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by g35man04
no your wrong....the rim that broke as i have showed in the pictures did not have any welds in it...the other side I.E. drivers side that isnt broken has welds in the back of 2 spokes. They caught the fracture before it broke. The other rim....I.E. the one that broke didnt have anything welded at all on it....there are no signs of anything broken. It just snapped the other day.
just ignore that other guy, he already knows all that stuff . He does not seem to care about other people that were unaware of these problems. I'm sure that there are lots of peeps that do appreciate you reporting these flaws.
Thanks

Old 05-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow..that is really dangerous seeing a crack rim..Hope everything is taken care of bro

Old 05-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by g35man04
Woops, didnt notice it was on the other wheel. Regardless, the wheels have been alterred and the companys isnt liable for them anymore.

just ignore that other guy, he already knows all that stuff . He does not seem to care about other people that were unaware of these problems. I'm sure that there are lots of peeps that do appreciate you reporting these flaws.
Yes you have correctly nailed my personality down to a T. Go you.

Anyways, good job of p_ssyfooting around my previous points. Again, if you sold a product to someone and they altered it, would you still consider yourself responsible for future problems? Any person with half a brain knows the answer to this question.

Yes its sad that this happened and Yes its going to take money to repair and Yes it is very dangerous...But No TSW should not be responsible for this.

If you want to convince TSW that its their fault, you are going to have to gather a bunch of people with the same wheels and the same problem in order for them to even aknowledge you.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
this sucks for the OP but good lesson learned for anyone who has read the thread.. dont be cheap on rims. dont want the risk of an accident because we wanted to save money

Old 05-05-2007, 05:59 PM
anyone know how chroming would cause the wheel to be more fragile? I think its a load of BS. sorry for your loss.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help.....tsw Rim Has Broke.