Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

buying sways, need help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buying sways, need help please

I have read on all the forums about this stuff, and their recomendations. I want to get sways to eliminate the roll my car has in fast paced turns, or at least minimize it. I have come to conclusion that nismo makes good ones for this general street purpose. I am also new to this, and don't want to be having to make adjustments for different conditions i don't auto-x but i drive like that anyway! lol

Could i get some recommendations for this, with short reasons why you would recommend. I am going to upgrade the wheels and tires eventually but want the sways now. And how much would a shop with a lift charge for install of these? I don't have the best ability to do this myself in my garage, and i heard the bolts can be torqued pretty hard.

Thanks a lot!
-Eric

'03.5 Silver/Black | Prem | Perf | Aero | Stillen Hi-Flow | Z -Tube | Grounding Kit | Nismo Oil/Radiator Caps | Solid Allum Pedals | Diamond Matts | Tints | Valentine1 | Hide-Away License Plate!

Old 01-07-2004, 02:57 AM
Re: buying sways, need help please

Hi,

I got the Eibach sway bar because it's cheaper than nismo (got it for $300 shipped). It gains obvious performance on low speed cornering (like 40mph on 90 degree turn), but car still roll at high speed. However, it's much better than stock!!
Actually, it depends on how you drive!!! I like cornering ....so, I am saving $$ for suspension.

Ryan

03 DG 5AT Coupe
Clear bra/ Tint/ Z tube + stillen Airbox/ PIAA wedge
RS-R Exhaust (coming soon)

Old 01-07-2004, 12:25 PM

In addition to Eibach and Nismo another company I heard mentioned was Hotchkis. You can see their website <a href="http://www.hotchkistuning.com/cgi-bin/EDCstore.pl?user_action=detail&catalogno=22413">he re (http://www.hotchkistuning.com/cgi-bi...atalogno=22413)</a>. I don't know anything about them nor am I recommending them, I just want tot let you know about them.

6MT Coupe / Diamond Graphite / Graphite
Aero / Premium / Splash Guards / Trunk Mat
3M Clear Bra

Old 01-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Nismo knows the car, but the aftermarket exists to offer things the understeering loving cooperate liability lawyers prevent from comming to market. Witness the comming introduction of a stiffer R-tune rear bar to supplant the S-tune rear bar. Nismo has a Z floating around that is equipped with a R-tune rear bar, if and when it may make it to the U.S. is anybodies guess. Point is, some of the aftermarket bar sets already offer settings on their rear bars that exceed the S-tune's threw adjustabliity. Which also brings up the fact that the Nismo bar set lacks adjustability, with holding from you the driver the ability to taylor the bars influence on how the car behaves, to your style and liking.

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

G35 6mt

Old 01-07-2004, 04:02 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw a 350Z at the auto show the other day and noticed it has a brace in the engine compartment between the shock towers. It that stock on 350Z's and would that brace fit our car?. I know its function is to stiffen up the front end in turns.

Old 01-07-2004, 05:26 PM

nah, this bar won't fit on our g's
the crawfordz people were looking into making a bracket to adopt it to our cars, but i haven't heard anything from them on this yet.

-Eric

'03.5 Silver/Black | Prem | Perf | Aero | Stillen Hi-Flow | Z -Tube | Grounding Kit | Nismo Oil/Radiator Caps | Solid Allum Pedals | Diamond Matts | Tints | Valentine1 | Hide-Away License Plate!

Old 01-12-2004, 02:21 AM

So does anyone know how much it would cost to have a underbody sway bar installed?

Here's to alcohol : The cause of ... and solution to all of life's problems.

- Homer Simpson

Old 01-12-2004, 02:01 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The install is easy, taking me about an hour to do the front and about 30min to the rear, and thats with no lift, just ramps and everyday hands tools. A shop with better equiped tools and lift should be able to knock both off in maybe a little over an hour.

You need to ask around. In general sway bars are easy to get on and off, but most shops will just qoute you a round about number and then take their sweet time as they charge by their hourly rate which here in NY can be anywhere from $50 to upwards and over $75. Some shops will see what the "book" says for such a job and qoute you from that. It all depends on where you take it to.

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."