Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Problem with suspension or not

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 02:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with suspension or not

Curious if anyone here with the a lowered G (preferably a sedan on Eibach's and low-profile tires) has noticed similar symptoms with their setup.

When I go over moderately rough patches of road, primarily protruding, unexpected bumps I notice a strange "nearly-rattling" sound coming from the front suspension.

It isn't really a rattle, but seems as if the strut is loose. (I checked it out and it wasn't loose at all).

Could this be the strut bottoming out because the shocks are too long now? I thought it was just the low profile tires, but thinking about past vehicles I've had, none made that sound on low profile tires.

Old 01-16-2004, 08:56 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Problem with suspension or not

"(preferably a sedan on Eibach's and low-profile tires)"

EIBACH's are your problem. I have always said that this springs are way overated it truely is a POS. I had the same problem with previous installs on other cars using this spring. And those are the same exact symptoms occuring when driving over bumps. When I replaced it with a diffrent set it disappeared completely. Eibach said that they already corrected that with better manufacturing process, but as you can see there are still quality issues. In any case try and look at the front strut and see if the springs are sitting on the perch properly. If it's not try correcting it and see if that will fix your problem. If it still doesn't go away call the shop where you bought that spring from and tell them to order a replacement set. Don't accept anything less from the shop or manufacturer. Here is another helpful hint when or if you do get a replacement sell it and get a different brand spring.

Goodluck

<font color=blue>04 CB COUPE / WILLOW / PREM PACK</font color=blue>

Old 01-17-2004, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How are the TEIN Spring?
Anyone has them intalled on their coupe?

I would like to get TEIN S.Tech spring which should give me 1.2" drop in the front but there is TEIN Luxury Master High.Tech springs which is "better" material but less drop, only 0.6"~
Any feedback on the TEIN Springs would be nice.
thanks

2004 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero-kit 4-piece | Premium | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Lthr

Old 01-18-2004, 08:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gdupg35, I had a rattling sound at first when I installed the Eibachs. Turned out that the nut at the top of the strut assembly (the one that you can get at from under the hood of the car) was not tightened. The three nuts that hold the strut assembly in place were tight, but that "middle nut" was not.

I hope I'm making some semblance of sense.

--Steve