Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Anyway to cancel out the TPMS light w/o TPMS in car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Anyway to cancel out the TPMS light w/o TPMS in car?

aftermarket wheels, and then 2 tpms broke while trying to band them, i bought new ones but i dont wanna go thru the hassle.. i personally dont care about something telling me the tires are low... so is their anyway i can get the light to stay off with the tpms not in/on the car?

worst case scenario i was thinking program the extra tpms i bought and then putting them in the spare tire so it will have pressure on the system but i probably dont wanna know what they would charge to program the new tpms.. plus i dont really trust any of the local dealers w/ my susp/wheel setup because their parking lots are covered in potholes i see the guys hit all the time w/ the other cars.

thanx in advance

riley

Old 08-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
No way anyone knows how to disable the system on this site, and you can't stick them in spare, somehow the system knows where the sensors are supposed to be. I tried making a little PVC tube and stuck them all in there, but my TPMS light still came on.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
+1

I have never seen a "fix".

Old 08-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
No way anyone knows how to disable the system on this site, and you can't stick them in spare, somehow the system knows where the sensors are supposed to be. I tried making a little PVC tube and stuck them all in there, but my TPMS light still came on.
ughh... thats what i read off the lexus forums, and then i figured pop em in the spare which is easier and less likely to explode... my thoughts are the system doesnt know where their supposed to be but they are self powering coming on when speeds exceed 36mph.. because all the stuff in the service manual says to check/etc must travel above 36mph for a couple minutes to check the system after resets have been done..

so now, the PVC pressurized tube idea is out the window, putting them in the spare is out.. i read th service manual as far as what "reads" them and its the keyless entry system.. so u cant unplug that w/o it being a pain. i looked at all the wiring diagrams and their doesnt appear to be a fuse thats dedicated to just the tpms system. the only thing i can think of is to just open the cluster up and snip the prong to the LED for the tpms light. but that just seems very intrusive on the system

Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i can't figure out how they work. the light goes off everytime i turn off the car. and it doesnt come on until after 40 mi of highway driving.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:54 PM
idea wont work, i removed not to confuse the thread

Last edited by rijowysock; 08-07-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:56 PM
anyone think that cutting the leads to the LED would have any negative effect? i mean led's take literally no power so i dont see anything like that being a problem.. getting to the LED might prove difficult however.

anyone taken apart the guage cluster before? easy to get to the LED's?

Last edited by rijowysock; 08-07-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
If anything, install a diode between the two wires you snip, since that is all an LED is. Not sure if there is a wire to snip though, or if it integrated into the circuit board. You could always put a piece of electrical tape inside the cluster over the light if it annoys you so much. I've just learned to ignore it now

Old 08-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
If anything, install a diode between the two wires you snip, since that is all an LED is. Not sure if there is a wire to snip though, or if it integrated into the circuit board. You could always put a piece of electrical tape inside the cluster over the light if it annoys you so much. I've just learned to ignore it now

electrical tape over the LED would be best i think cause signal would still flow but it wont shine thru the LED... it just really bothers me.. especially when it blinks..

removing the cluster looks like such a pain tho. looked over the service manual on how to remove and theirs like 7 panels before you get to the cluster..