Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Rims For My "g" What Size Is Better?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jran76
OK, let me clarify. I am NOT using a wheel spacer. The spacer is a urethane spacer on my rear springs to raise the rear of the car about 3/8". If you run any type of 350z suspension (In my case the Nismo) the rear will sit lower on a G sedan. This is why a lot of people use G coupe sport springs on the rear, with Z springs on the front. The Nismo suspension sits close to 1" lower than the Z suspension you have, and your fenders are rolled so I don't think you are comparing apples to apples. I don't really see the need to roll your fenders if it can be avoided. That was really my point. If you select the right wheels, tires, and springs there should be no need. If you run the larger series tire with an aggresive wheel or lowering it will rub.
I see, I didnt realize you were talking about a spring spacer. I like the look of your car a lot thought, ever thought about coverting to the 05-06 tails? IMO that will set off your car real well.

Also, looking at your pic it looks like you are a lot more lower than I am...so we are definitely not in the same boat. Have you had any problems with negative camber on the nismo suspension? I was looking into that a while back but havent seen any sedans with it just yet.

Last edited by G SEDAN; 01-25-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. I really like the looks of the 05-06 tails, and if I decide to keep my car it will be on my list of things to do.

My car is pretty low, as I mentioned the Nismo suspension is about 20mm (slightly less than an inch) lower than the Z suspension. So, from stock sedan height I am probably dropped about 1 3/4" in the front, and a little over 2" in the rear (I use the spacer to get to about 1 3/4" in the rear). I do have some wear issues due to camber. Nothing I can't live with, but I typically only get 12-15000 miles on a set of tires. I notice uneven wear around 10K miles. I always run Z/summer rated tires, so I don't expect too much life to begin with.

I have run the Nismo suspension for about 50K miles (about 40k on this car, and another 10k on a 350Z I had). I have never had much luck with tires lasting, even with the stock Z suspension, so I guess I have kind of given up. One advantage I have is I can rotate my tires. I do not run a staggered setup, so that helps with the additional wear. Kind of like the tails, if I keep this car, I will get around to some adjustable suspension parts at some point. I am lazy, and do all my work myself, so I have to get pretty motivated to do anything these days....

The only thing that slightly temps me is seeing all of the sweet rides on here. Seeing sedans like Ttrank's, yours, Perry's, Pnut's, etc. gives me motivation to do something every now and then. Some things I would like to do: 05 tails, suspension parts, get rid of the Bose, new coilovers (Tein CS w/EDFC), a couple turbos , new front bumper..... I have a coupe seat ready to be installed, and some new brake lines I need to install on the front Stoptech kit. When I finish those 2 things I may look into some of the other things on my list.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
with the substantial mods yuou've done to your car, I wouldn't get rid of it! Especially with doing all the work yourself, you should be proud of it bro. lol a couple turbos, and a new coiler setup will make your car into a true monster. I think your car is coming along real well dude, keep it!

Old 01-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by jran76
My 18's.....
do you have a direct profile pic?... your drop is similar to mine (slightly lower)... I was planning on 18, but when I see them on non-lowered they look too small - from your pics they look good (lowered helps)... but full side view would help.

Thanks