Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Sport Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport Suspension

I didn't order my car with the sport suspension cause here in Canada, its not available separate from the aero package which is both good and bad depending on whether you like the wing or not. I didn't want the wing, nor could I afford the whole package price, so I didn't get it. That's the only regret I have about this car so far. But I figured I could always get something aftermarket later. The problem is here in Vancouver, our roads aren't so great and having lowered my last car, I don't wanna do that again. I do want better damping and the factory sport susp. pkg seems good. Does anyone here know how much it would be for the parts? Or should I just wait for the aftermarket parts. Or maybe factory sport springs with aftermarket Bilstein's? Doesn't the sport susp come with roll bars too?

I don't think they normally install the suspension at the dealer do they?

Old 10-10-2002, 04:01 PM
Re: Sport Suspension

Get Eibach Pro Kit drop with 1.1". Pretty little in my opinion, but that's what you want, the feel. Or you can pay double and get Nismo springs and shocks. I think the drop is about 1" on those. I would stick with aftermarket or else find someone with sport suspension who is going aftermarket and take their factory set. GL

-Rumble- (sig doesn't work)

Old 10-10-2002, 07:01 PM
Re: Sport Suspension For Sale

So anyone got a Sport Suspension they don't want? hahaha... couldn't hurt to ask, me thinks.

Old 10-11-2002, 12:26 AM

I always wonder if you just lowering the car with after market springs. Will it hurt your original struts (shocks)? What is the long term effects on that? And does having the sport suspension will help minimize the problem?

YNVMY35

Old 10-11-2002, 10:10 AM

Of course getting aftermarket springs or coil overs will hurt the stock shocks/struts. It all depends on the stiffness and amount of drop. Usually, more expensive cars will have better stock equipment so you won't have to worry so much about your stock shocks/struts until a year or two later. Sport suspension would be even better.

-Rumble- (sig still doesn't work)

Old 10-11-2002, 04:00 PM

" always wonder if you just lowering the car with after market springs. Will it hurt your original struts (shocks)? What is the long term effects on that? And does having the sport suspension will help minimize the problem?"

Well, it may not hurt the shocks but just replacing the springs may not give optimal performance because the old shocks may not be able to damp the spring forces resulting in a very bouncy ride. I'm sure if you have the sport susp already, slightly lower springs like Eibach's would be okay.

Old 10-16-2002, 03:44 AM
Former Vendor

Generally speaking an Eibach Pro-kit drop is relatively non-abusive for all vehicles. The reason for this is that a drop of ~1" generally falls within the tolerances for the factory suspension, including shocks. There will be slightly increased wear as the result of increased spring rates, however but I don't think it's something that anyone should be overly concerned with as that kind of wear can easily be negated by say driving on bumpy roads...

Gary
www.gruppe-s.com
510-498-8400
510-498-8882 fax

Old 10-18-2002, 07:27 PM

If you dont get the sport susspension when you first buy the car, can you get it installed later by dealer? I wanted the aero-package (non-spoiler), but according to infiniti.com, when designing the car I want, you cant get the aero-package without getting sport suspension. I asked my local dealer if aero-package could be installed without the sport suspension, they said yes, it just can't be ordered that way (wierd right?). Anyway.... my question is can an OEM sport suspension package be installed later in your car's life?

Old 10-19-2002, 03:49 PM

That's what I've been trying to find out and so far no one seems to know. I imagine its a factory option and not normally dealer installable. I'm going to ask my dealer to find out. I know they can easily add the rear wing and probably the underbody aero parts. I suppose if you source the shocks and springs from the sport pkg. you can just pay them the labor to install it. If you buy the parts from them, they may even warranty it with the rest of the car, I hope.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F zero blue rays? Can somebody photoshop? Please!