Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

what to get, 19's or 20's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am in the same boat, i have the stock 19's and can't wait to get some new shoes. Its just that everyone i talk to who got 19's, always wishes that they got 20's. So i am on the fence, but every time i see a pic of a G on dubs it makes me wanna get them. In the end i think i'll be going with 20's.

Last edited by Rocket1991; 04-05-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny, I'm on the fence about getting new wheels now as well. I love the OEM 19s so much, but I can't get over how awesome some of these other wheels look on the G. See, I THINK I have the Sport-tuned suspension. For some reason, mine seems to look a BIT lower than most of the other G35 coupes. So I'm thinking if I throw on some nice 20's, it will fit the wheel well just perfect, and I won't have to worry about dropping it, because I'd prefer not to if I don't have to.

One thing I've thought about, and I haven't come across it yet on the boards after searching, is whether it would be aight to go with 19s in the front and 20s in the rear? Can anyone shed some light on that? Thanks in advance.

`John

Old 04-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dem1K
Funny, I'm on the fence about getting new wheels now as well. I love the OEM 19s so much, but I can't get over how awesome some of these other wheels look on the G. See, I THINK I have the Sport-tuned suspension. For some reason, mine seems to look a BIT lower than most of the other G35 coupes. So I'm thinking if I throw on some nice 20's, it will fit the wheel well just perfect, and I won't have to worry about dropping it, because I'd prefer not to if I don't have to.

One thing I've thought about, and I haven't come across it yet on the boards after searching, is whether it would be aight to go with 19s in the front and 20s in the rear? Can anyone shed some light on that? Thanks in advance.

`John
I hope I am not repeating my post but I am also on the same boat as you Dem1k. My car does look alittle lower than other stock Gs out there. Maybe is the sport package as you said I am at the age that I don't really want to drop it too much but I do like the look on 20" and I don't know what is "roll fender and fitment" stuff. I just want to find 20" fit my G without having to cut anything and still look decent. Need opinion....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.