Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Abnormal tire wear????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abnormal tire wear????

When I first got the coupe driving was smooth. Then I started noticing a whooing noise. Brought it to the dealearship and they said I had unusual outer wear on my front tires. They managed to get me a new set on Infiniti for the fronts by complaining. I put my winter tires/rims on and now the same thing is happening again. They took the car for a day and did an alignment but that still didn't work. Should I just keep buying new tires (not)? Suggestions?

Old 04-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Abnormal tire wear????

Sounds like you may have a "car" problem and not a tire problem. I have had my G35 6 speed for 15 months and the tires, especially the backs, need replacing after almost 18 K miles. Regardless the tire wear is perfect for all 4 tires. For me, what has occurred is that the rears are wearing faster than the fronts. The rear tires are almost bald and the fronts have a little tread left. For your problem, it sounds more like some kind of front-end alignment issue which for a brand new car there should be no such problem like that at all. Maybe you got the LEMON of the bunch and should be working closely with the dealer to resolve. Good Luck.