Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Aviod discounted wheel warehouse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviod discounted wheel warehouse

bought my 20" dubbs from this site, i stressed to the guy on the phone to make sure everything would be ok for my car ( i dunno i guess thats just how i am) he gave me this cocky attitude and said " were pros here, you have nothing to worry about"...

So i finnally got em, take em to my mechanic, swapped 1st wheel and the luggs LUGGS DIDNT FIT! they sent me luggs for honda. unfortunely i had to go to another tuner store called Rayco 2 here in nj where the guy raped me for the same type of luggs i needed for infinity, ( i would tell you local guys to stay away from that place as well). so i went back to my mechanic had the job finished, and i was happy as hell rolling on my new 20s! that is until i hit the highway!

Once i hit 50mph the steering wheel started to shimmy like hell! so after calling Discounted wheel warehouse all day and leaving messages i finnaly got though to the guy i bought my tires from said we will send you some hubb rings. 20 mins later i get a call from the manager and he tells me THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO FOR YOU OUT THERE IN THE EAST COAST, AND THAT THEY WOULDNT BE SENDING OUT THE HUBB RINGS. when i asked him about the fact the the tires might of been improperly balenced he said somthing may have happend in the shipping ( yea like they go through more abuse in a packed box then driving on everyday roads... totall bs!) he basically blew me off!

anyhow i went to another tuner store here in nj. they added the rings and im sorry to say the shimmy is there there, on a good note though its decreased by like 40 percent and they ride is ALOT smoother! so im not that angry. I'll have the tires rebalanced this weekend and I'll let you guys know how it goes... sorry this was kinda long but i just had to vent about my experiance.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My very 1st set of rims i bought from them back in 03. I only bought the rims, the tires i got them from somewhere else. Same issue, the hubcentric rings were not included with the rims they sent me. i think the size i needed for that bore was 66.06 or something to that effect. i got the tires, took them to tires plus where they did the balancing and mounting and they had a set of hub rings on hand. Steering column was good at high speed. but like you i would never buy from them again. every time i called i was met with the same "cocky" attitude you mentioned.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
We don't enjoy getting screwed....!

If you buy from a quality wheel/tire shop the correct lugs and center rings
will be included. You might have to pay extra for the wheel centers but that
should be all you need. Damn, I dislike our members getting screwed by these
low life companys....Thanks for putting the information out there. Maybe
this will keep someone else from being taken advantage of. aka screwed

Old 04-11-2008, 08:24 PM
i just hope they didnt sell me bad wheels. they came balanced from there so i really dont understand why i still have the problem... im taking it back tommarow ill have a definate answer then

Old 04-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Man, VQmotoring was fantastic with my wheels, I got my 19's with tires mounted and balanced along with lug nuts and hubcentric rings from them for a ridiculously low price. Also they didnt have the tire i originally ordered so they just upgraded me to a better tire FOR FREE so they could get my shipment out right away! I will definitely buy from them again!

Old 04-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Ok if anyones interested I went back to the local wheel shop this morning and it turns out they never blanced the tires... I guess these scumbags just put weights on the wheels and ship em out.... WOW WHAT A HORRIBLE EXPERIANCE WITH THESE GUYS!!!!!

GUYS YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WARNED DO NOT BUY FROM DISCOUNTED WHEEL WAREHOUSE!