Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Disable TPMS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like I said I know I can put something over it to hide it but it has already been mentioned in this thread that there is a wire that can be snipped to turn the indicator light off, I am just looking for some guidance on which wire exactly that is.

If anyone can help me locate that it would be greatly appreciated!

Old 10-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wiring Info

Not sure what year car you have - Looking in the 2005 G35 Sedan FSM, the wire that was mentioned in the earlier post is wire #15 of the BCM White in color. The BCM has 3 connectors, 1 that is white with 40 pins, 1 black with 15 pins and the 3rd is white with 15 pins. The wire for the TPMS is on the big connector. Top row with tab has pins 1-20 and bottom goes 21-40 (with 21 under pin 1) - I believe this is with the connector facing you. To help out, pins 12 and 13 are the door switches and they are pink in color.

There is also a 2 pin connector with the one white wire from the BCM that is labeled as M91 connector for the TPMS which is located up by the trunk switch and illumination dimming switch (right above the DLC connector) in the lower left of the driver side dash (on the sedan's anyway). Rather than cut the wire, it might be easier to just disconnect this connector. The connector is white in color and will have the one white wire in it.

Let us know how you make out

Old 10-31-2013, 08:54 PM
thanks for replying. i admit I am no electrical guru so the whole process has been nerve racking. I have a 2006 AT coupe. My bcm looks exactly like the one in this pic.

I disconnected the white 40 pin connector which I'm assuming is the one referred to as the M1 connector in the fsm, but I cannot see it labeled as such anywhere on the connector or the BCM itself. I read the WT.pdf and BCS.pdf files for the 06 coupe and it kind of matched what you and the prior person had described of disconnecting the white #15 wire from the connector? I couldn't pull it out of the connector so I just cut the wire as shown below.

Plugged it back in and started up, but the light still flashes for a min then stays solid.
Now I have no idea what the wire was for that I cut, even though everything seems to be working fine so far and I can reconnect it anyway.

I am pretty much a noob when it comes to the BCM stuff and have no idea where to look for this 2-pin connector you were talking about, also the fsm hints that I might have to go after the keyless entry receiver on the passenger side dash? I'm lost, if you can give any more guidance that would be much appreciated. I just don't want to cut anymore wires without knowing for sure.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:00 PM
If you look at the connector straight on (with harness wires away from you) so you can see the plug that was connected to the BCM with the tab at the top, reading from left to right, pin 1 would be at the upper left with pin 20 at the end on the right and then move to the bottom row with pin 21 under number on on the left ending with 40 on the right.

Looking at your picture, it looks like you disconnected pin 5 instead of 15. It looks what I believe is 15 is also white. If you look at section PG on the FSM, it shoud show you the layout under "terminal arrangement". I'll see if I can track down what pin 5 is - I see there are slight differences between the Sedan and Coupe such as the door switch. There should have been 2 pink wires on 12 and 13 but yours doesn't have that.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:19 PM
Does the wire you cut by chance have a green stripe? It looks pin 5 goes to the combination switch for Input 2. Input 2 deals with the switch position of the wipers for Sedan anyway. As for the keyless entry, you don't want to mess with that. The keyless entry actually receives the TPMS sensor info and relays it to the BCM. If the BCM doesn't recieve the info, it will constantly give the error code. The one wire from the BCM is the last piece that goes to the instrument cluster.

Last edited by jhay; 10-31-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:31 PM
No, it was a solid white wire and I was counting backwards from 20 at that end so it was actually pin#6 that I cut, if I remember correctly pin#5 had no wire connected to it. No worries with that though, I will just reconnect it tomorrow.

If I'm correct pin#15 in my picture looks like its the red/white wire and the one that appears to be solid white is #16? (counting down from 20 with the purple wire on the end)

Old 10-31-2013, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by thepantyripper
No, it was a solid white wire and I was counting backwards from 20 at that end so it was actually pin#6 that I cut, if I remember correctly pin#5 had no wire connected to it. No worries with that though, I will just reconnect it tomorrow.

If I'm correct pin#15 in my picture looks like its the red/white wire and the one that appears to be solid white is #16? (counting down from 20 with the purple wire on the end)
I found the Coupe FSM. Pins 20 (Blue), Pin 19 (Yellow) and 18 (Black) are the keyless entry on the BCM - Maybe that will help with connector orientation. Yeah and actually pin 6 is the White with a red stripe. Going by that you did get the right wire. The orientation shown in PG would then mean were looking at the connector on the back end as if there was a harness without the wires installed. With that said it doesn't make sense why the light is still on. I'll have to see if I can dive deeper into it. I couldn't find another path after that 2 pin connector.

Last edited by jhay; 10-31-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:18 PM
That almost makes me think I cut the right wire? Because if you look at the wire colors in the pic, you said Pins 20 (Blue), Pin 19 (Yellow) and 18 (Black) match with what my pic shows, 17 being pink, 16 being empty and 15 being white? I think that was the only solid white wire I saw on the M1 connector.. Where is this m91 connector the fsm refers to? Does the wire need to be cut at the m91 connector?

Because I read in the trouble diagnosis in section WT for my symptom "Warning light blinks on for 0.5 seconds then turns off for 0.5 seconds-repeats for 1 minute, and then stays on" one of the possible causes could be "BCM connector pulled out. Check BCM connector. Reconnect if needed."

Could I have clipped the correct wire on connector M1 to the bcm but still/need to clip wire #1 on the m91 connector, where ever that is?

Old 11-01-2013, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by thepantyripper
That almost makes me think I cut the right wire? Because if you look at the wire colors in the pic, you said Pins 20 (Blue), Pin 19 (Yellow) and 18 (Black) match with what my pic shows, 17 being pink, 16 being empty and 15 being white? I think that was the only solid white wire I saw on the M1 connector.. Where is this m91 connector the fsm refers to? Does the wire need to be cut at the m91 connector?

Because I read in the trouble diagnosis in section WT for my symptom "Warning light blinks on for 0.5 seconds then turns off for 0.5 seconds-repeats for 1 minute, and then stays on" one of the possible causes could be "BCM connector pulled out. Check BCM connector. Reconnect if needed."

Could I have clipped the correct wire on connector M1 to the bcm but still/need to clip wire #1 on the m91 connector, where ever that is?
Yes, I agree, you cut the right wire. Cutting the wire is essentially the same thing as disconnecting the M91 connector. Apparently that is not the final solution.

With the description of the light behavior you mention above, it sounds like it needs to be tricked such as grounding the wire in the harness to ground or tying it high to +5V or +12V. You have to be careful if it's tied high. A resistor (10K ohm) should be used to limit the current so no damage can occur. The grounding should be ok but tying high I wouldn't recommend without looking into the circuit further. I'll study the circuit some more and see if there is something different that can be done.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Pantyripper - After diving deep into the circuit, I don't see a viable solution to disable. That original white wire is just a 5V line that the BCM looks for to ensure it's connected (check switch). The keyless entry receives the radio signals of the sensors which in turn sends the infomation to the BCM via CAN communication (serial data). The BCM then sends info to the combination meter (via CAN) which is the gauge cluster. They actually don't say which pin is the TPMS on the connector that plugs into the cluster (it could probably be figured out thru process of elimination from the other pins) - regardless you'll be pulling the cluster so it's either the wire or the bulb. The only other way is if someone takes the time to make a custom board that can be plugged into either the keyless entry or BCM to give it information or possibly a custom program on the BCM. Bummer...

Old 11-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Take a small pvc pipe, cap both ends, put air nipple in. Seal it all with primer/pvc glue. Put tpms sensors inside, seal other end. Pressurize. Throw it in the trunk.