Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Tenzo Type-M reviews

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Tenzo Type-M reviews

Does anyone know anything about Tenzo's as far as quality?

I want these rims sooo bad, I heard the quality was so-so. I like the style, and the other rims that look like it have the riveted look or whatever around the outer lip.

And I heard they were improving quality, so if I order these in a couple months, will they be the newer, more well-built quality?

Here's a pic of them (High Octane's car, not mine)

Old 09-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bro, around here anything short of Volk, Work, and a couple others is considered poor quality. They rank right where axis, rota, and any other wheel brand that doesn't cost you both your arms and the lower half of your body to buy, does.

Sure, there are some problems, but that is just like with any wheel brand. You are going to have people that have a poor experience and the majority will have a very good, unhindered experience and would recommend the wheels to anyone who wants to buy them.

The wheels look good, the offsets are good, and not many people have them yet. I say go for it.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
i was goin to get those rims in gunmetal flat but i got a deal on some volks... and +1 on what fstrthnlife00 said

Old 09-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Yea thanks guys, I just heard of fracturing or whatever at high speeds, and to me that is some scary ****, If I race someone up to 120 or something I don't need a wheel fracturing and leaving me dead lol.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
Yea thanks guys, I just heard of fracturing or whatever at high speeds, and to me that is some scary ****, If I race someone up to 120 or something I don't need a wheel fracturing and leaving me dead lol.
Well if you are going to race, (and I hope to god you are not talking about street racing) then go with a proven lightweight setup and spend a little more. It will be worth the wait.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by fstrthnlfe00
Well if you are going to race, (and I hope to god you are not talking about street racing) then go with a proven lightweight setup and spend a little more. It will be worth the wait.
I don't street race often. Just if the road is open, there's a car trying to race me next to me, I will still do it maybe 33% of the time. I want rims that look good but can still stand up.

If I do serious tracking I will definitely buy lightweight wheels

Old 09-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Those are decent wheels.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by fstrthnlfe00
Bro, around here anything short of Volk, Work, and a couple others is considered poor quality. They rank right where axis, rota, and any other wheel brand that doesn't cost you both your arms and the lower half of your body to buy, does.

Sure, there are some problems, but that is just like with any wheel brand. You are going to have people that have a poor experience and the majority will have a very good, unhindered experience and would recommend the wheels to anyone who wants to buy them.

The wheels look good, the offsets are good, and not many people have them yet. I say go for it.

sorry man, i have to disagree with you...not everyone on this site thinks that only volk, work, iforged, etc are considered poor quality. You can't judge everyone on the site from a handful of posters...

anyways, to the OP, those wheels do look nice and seen a few members run it on their G. I would roll on those. Tenzo makes some good looking wheels. I had a set of 17s on my civic and they held up pretty well for the 5 years that I had it, no bends, cracks etc...

Old 09-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by az1anbeethoven
sorry man, i have to disagree with you...not everyone on this site thinks that only volk, work, iforged, etc are considered poor quality. You can't judge everyone on the site from a handful of posters...

anyways, to the OP, those wheels do look nice and seen a few members run it on their G. I would roll on those. Tenzo makes some good looking wheels. I had a set of 17s on my civic and they held up pretty well for the 5 years that I had it, no bends, cracks etc...
You're right, it is not a complete blanket statement. But I would say a majority of the active members on this site share the opinion that the handful of wheel brands most people go with are the only way to go as far as quality.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
They look great, reminds me a bit of the Work Emotion wheels

Old 09-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Check out CrazyG's car. He's just rebuilt his motor and tracks the car. He was running Tenzo's on his track wheels and they are light weight. I like the wheels personally. I think Tenzo should offer a brilliant or mercury silver color as well to the current line of colors.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
So far, no complaints with them. If you have any questions regarding them, shoot me a PM! We are having a special on them.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by az1anbeethoven

Thanks bro, it's nice to hear that they can hold up for 5 years.

And to Don, I need to get some money first, and my tires and plenty of life left, although when I do buy them (which will probably be a while) I will definitely send you a PM, even if there is no special.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
these are becoming popular with our cars. infinus has them on his G and his post has a few others that went ahead and got them.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
What's the size and weights. Look great though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tenzo Type-M reviews