Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

What are the reasons for needing Spacers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What are the reasons for needing Spacers?

I have an 06 OB Sedan, and would like to know when would they would be needed. I'm looking more and more into purchasing mrr hr-2s and some people say spacers are needed and some either don't have them or know if they are needed. I would like to know so that it's not something I need when I finally go to put them on.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:29 PM
..... I WIN .....

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
offset of the rims won't clear brakes...

Looks...

I'm not an expert so I know others will chime in...

Old 09-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
it depends on the offset of the wheel you get to know whether or not you would need spacers, you can get a large (in width) wheel with a low offset like +15 and it will sit flush, but if that same wheel had a +43 offset it will tuck in, offset is the mm from the center wheel line, a + offset while yield less lip than a - offset, but it comes down to whether your car can fit it.

if you purchased a sedans wheels with a +45 offset, adding 20mm hubcentric spacers would yield a +25 offset for the wheel giving it a much better look aesthetically, necessary? only in a condition where the brake calipers are too fat the wheel cannot fit, in this case spacers can solve the problem.

Get a fat wheel with a good offset and dont worry about spacers

Old 09-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alphamatt
it depends on the offset of the wheel you get to know whether or not you would need spacers, you can get a large (in width) wheel with a low offset like +15 and it will sit flush, but if that same wheel had a +43 offset it will tuck in, offset is the mm from the center wheel line, a + offset while yield less lip than a - offset, but it comes down to whether your car can fit it.

if you purchased a sedans wheels with a +45 offset, adding 20mm hubcentric spacers would yield a +25 offset for the wheel giving it a much better look aesthetically, necessary? only in a condition where the brake calipers are too fat the wheel cannot fit, in this case spacers can solve the problem.

Get a fat wheel with a good offset and dont worry about spacers
So do most of the coupe Guys get the spacers?