Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Seeked & Searched... No Find... Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seeked & Searched... No Find... Help!!!

On a G35 coupe with stock suspension (springs, camber, etc.) and non- Brembo brakes, of the most popular sizes (18", 19", & 20"), what is the wheel and tire size specs required to sit the wheel and tire as fender flushed as possible without the need to roll or shave fenders to prevent rubbing when driving over dips and bumps? This goes for the front wheels/tires too in which the goal is to prevent inner fender rubbing during U-turns.

Seriously, I have been doing some serious seeking and searching for info regarding wheel fitment. I read the threads, stickies, asked individual members, etc. and still could not find the answer to what I am looking for. If anyone has a link to a thread I might have missed, could you please share it with me so to not clutter up the forum with repeated info on multiple threads.

My goal is to walk into a wheel shop and say "I want to order this tire/wheel combo in these sizes" and done!!! Since out where I'm at there are no wheel shops that seem to know how or what to recommend since staggered wheel set up on cars is slim to none in comparison to other cities out here, therefore they hold no staggered inventory to try on and play or test with. Everything is special order, no refunds. So before I order, I want to take all measures in acquiring what I really, really want. Please help!

Thanks!

Old 12-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I feel the same way.. i posted a thread a while back and was contacted saying i should search the wheels thread and found nothing.. im going through the same thing... some shops dont know jack shisshh... and its just plain annoying.. and no matter how much i search i cant seem to find this Info.. Unless i should PM everyone who has staggered wheels and ask for their set up Specs.. that would seem kinda retarded considering we joined to help each other out.. SO.. For those who do help.. thank you.. hope this thread Grows..

Old 12-27-2008, 09:32 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
What's your reason for not wanting to roll the rear fenders? You can do it yourself with a wooden dowel and a heat gun/blow dryer..
-GP-

Old 12-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
pm rijowysock. he will help you with what you want, and also good prices.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:41 PM
well really.. its ok rolling the fenders... its just knowing what will look good on your G..

there are a lot of guys with really clean set ups and DONT have rolled fenders..

i hope people post up pics and specify what offset and rim dimensions they chose..

and if they have modified fenders or not..

thats all.. kind of a FYI thread to those that want to get wheels with out having to search this whole site and come up nearly empty handed..

thnx for your feed back tho Gdup

Old 12-27-2008, 09:43 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Originally Posted by bluevelvet
well really.. its ok rolling the fenders... its just knowing what will look good on your G..

there are a lot of guys with really clean set ups and DONT have rolled fenders..

i hope people post up pics and specify what offset and rim dimensions they chose..

and if they have modified fenders or not..

thats all.. kind of a FYI thread to those that want to get wheels with out having to search this whole site and come up nearly empty handed..

thnx for your feed back tho Gdup
If you're completely stock and plan on staying completely stock.. IE: NO drop, NO camber kits or anything...

18's... 9.5/10.5 with an offset around +25 and 245/45F 275/40R tires.

19's... 9.5/10.5 with an offset around +25 and 245/40F 275/35R tires.

20's... 9.5/10.5 with an offset around +25 and 245/35F 275/30R tires.

-GP-

Old 12-27-2008, 10:01 PM
so any specs with camber arms and aftermarket suspension??

pics anyone?? lol

thanx

im sure it will help a lot of people

Old 12-27-2008, 10:02 PM
thanx for your post Gdup

Old 12-28-2008, 01:46 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

so any specs with camber arms and aftermarket suspension??

pics anyone?? lol

thanx

im sure it will help a lot of people
nobody has the exact same suspension setup, camber settings... It varies from car to car. When dealing with wheel/tire fitment you have to take into account the following things..

1. How much the car is dropped
2. How much negative camber does the car have and/or how much is the owner willing to run to fit a certain setup
3. what size tires one wants to run on their wheel of choice.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
If you're completely stock and plan on staying completely stock.. IE: NO drop, NO camber kits or anything...

18's... 9.5/10.5 with an offset around +25 and 245/45F 275/40R tires.

19's... 9.5/10.5 with an offset around +25 and 245/40F 275/35R tires.

20's... 9.5/10.5 with an offset around +25 and 245/35F 275/30R tires.

-GP-
GdUP... Thanks man...!!! This is exactly what I wanted to know. Now I could know what to ask for and/or look for.

Oh and earlier you had asked about why I didn't want to modify my fenders or if I had anything against it. Truth is no, I don't have anything against it, or even knock the idea of others doing it. As a matter of fact, my last car, Lexus SC400, I ended up rolling the back fenders with a wooden bat myself. This time around though, I just decided that for the time being, I would rather not.

Just for a final confirmation of things, if anyone has this set up of tire sizes and wheel offset (rim size not a factor), could you please share some pics for all of us to see this set up in display. Im curious to see some angle shots showing where and how far in the whole tire/wheel will sit in relation to the fenders.

Once again, thanks GdUP and thanks to all everyone else for your help and opinions on this.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:45 AM
thats true Gdup..

thats why I ask to post what you have and a pic... to see how it looks..

so yeah... i was a lexus owner before and had a 92 SC400 and on clublexus.. they had a thread just for wheel set ups with pics of the car.. and then the specs... suspension camber Etc..

really usefull...

i wont lie.. i love my G... way better than my SC.. and waaaaayy faster...
just that a thread like that would be really good to have on a site...
hence why we are trying to get one going..

thanx for your input fellas...

Old 12-28-2008, 12:54 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

thats true Gdup..

thats why I ask to post what you have and a pic... to see how it looks..

so yeah... i was a lexus owner before and had a 92 SC400 and on clublexus.. they had a thread just for wheel set ups with pics of the car.. and then the specs... suspension camber Etc..

really usefull...

i wont lie.. i love my G... way better than my SC.. and waaaaayy faster...
just that a thread like that would be really good to have on a site...
hence why we are trying to get one going..

thanx for your input fellas...
although everyone here has been around for a while, were not nearly as organized enough to make a thread like that, people get off topic WAAAAAAAAAAAY too often here. If the title says post a pic, some people will post a random pic of their car with no specs. And believe it or not, some of the members here will drop their car and throw on a set of wheels/tires and never get an alignment, so they dont know their specs, which means they definitely cant post them.

When you're ready to order your wheels/tires, shoot me a PM and i'll give you the exact setup you need, from your suspension height, down to the camber specs and offset.
-GP-

Old 12-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Gdup your absolutely right..

it takes time and organization.

and i have in deed noticed everyone just posts random pix..

even in other threads..

Gdup.. whats the most agresive setup one can have with a stock suspension?
also what do you consider to look "cleaner" rolled fenders or cut fenders?

Old 12-28-2008, 10:27 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Gdup your absolutely right..

it takes time and organization.

and i have in deed noticed everyone just posts random pix..

even in other threads..

Gdup.. whats the most agresive setup one can have with a stock suspension?
also what do you consider to look "cleaner" rolled fenders or cut fenders?

you cant do "AGGRESSIVE" on a stock suspension. aggressive consists of having the fenders sit over the tires, which are stretched on the wheels to clear the fenders that are rolled almost flat, all while having a substantial amount of negative camber.

9.5/10.5 +22 with a 245/275 tire setup would be the most i'd go on a stock suspension.

rolled or cut, there is no cleaner option, you cant tell unless you get down on the ground and look under the fender... what would i recommend... rolling, 10 out of 10 times. i would never cut fenders.
-GP-
-GP-

Old 12-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
Grant is the man!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seeked & Searched... No Find... Help!!!