Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

I hope WORK Wheels USA doesn't screw me over...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope WORK Wheels USA doesn't screw me over...

EDIT: RavSpec helped me resolve the problem. See post #4. RavSpec FTW.

I ordered a set of WORK T1S's through RavSpec (an authorized WORK Wheels dealer) in early January. The wheels took a boat ride from the WORK Wheels factory in Japan to WORK Wheels USA in So Cal and then shipped to my local tire shop where tires were waiting to be mounted. The wheels arrived yesterday and then a problem occured. Here's a copy of the email I sent RavSpec.

Everything was delivered today to the tire shop as expected, but there is a big problem. As you know, I ordered 20x8.5 ET 25 for the fronts. However, I was sent 20x8.5 ET 38!!!! Unfortunately, this mistake was not discovered until the tires/wheels were mounted and the car lowered back to the ground. I saw how tucked-in the fronts were and I immediately knew something was wrong. I then checked the Work Wheels box and it said 20x8.5 ET 38. I also then looked at the stickers that are affixed to the wheels and they, too, say 20X8.5 ET 38. Attached hereto are photos that I took of one of the boxes and of the wheel stickers.

I would have immediately dismounted the wheels/tires and put my old wheels back on, if not for the fact that I had ALREADY sold my old wheels. I had advertised my old wheels for sale on Craigslist and on G35driver.com weeks ago in hopes of setting up a deal in advance. So, a local buyer met me at the tire shop today and had ALREADY left with my old wheels as the Work wheels/tires were being mounted.

As for the rears (20x10.0 ET 45), they were sent correctly.

Anyway, please advise ASAP. We definitely need a resolution to this problem. I definitely should not be held accountable in any way for this mistake. Now I'm thinking, was I sent someone else's wheels and likewise, were my wheels sent to someone else?

RavSpec has been on the phone and emailing with WORK Wheels USA on my behalf. As you can guess, WORK Wheels USA is arguing that the tires/rims were mounted. While that is true, it is WORK Wheels responsiblity to check the order before it goes out. Also, it's always the buyer's assumption that he will get the item that was paid for, so why should a buyer have to double-check? If I had ordered the wrong size, then that would be my fault, but as you can see, this problem would have never occured in the first place if not for WORK Wheel USA's negligence.

Here's a copy of a follow-up email I sent to RavSpec, which reiterates some of the points I have made so far.

WORK better not try to screw me over and say that the wheels should have been checked before signing for them because 1) I had the wheels delivered directly to the tire shop for convenience sake and it's not the tire shop's responsibility to check the items, 2) it is always assumed by the buyer that he will be receiving the exact item that he paid for, and most importantly, 3) it is WORK's responsibility to check the invoice before shipping them out. This issue would not have occured, if not for negligence on WORK's part.

Anyway, let's hope this get resolved in a timely and reasonable manner. I can already forsee the cost and time associated with remounting another two wheels and with shipping the incorrect wheels back to WORK.

If anything, WORK Wheels shoud just consider the wheels defective (a "defect in offset", so to speak) and replace them under warrantee w/the CORRECT ones that I ORDERED and PAID for. Also, if they can't sell the wheels as new, they should still take them back, and resell them at some discount. I'm sure WORK Wheels has a way to make them look brand new again, seeing how they are a large wheel manufacturer. They should own up to their mistake instead of screwing a customer over.

Let's see how this plays out.

Last edited by CalsonicVQ; 04-03-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Fairly uncommon, but unfortunately seems like its been a problem with the T1S orders, cus there are alot of orders in the US.

Try to have some patience, im sure you will get what you want in the end.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Sorry to hear about your problems with the wheels. Hopefully everything works out for you.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:13 PM
RavSpec just sent me this email.

This issue has truly upset me, I have been emailing back and forth with WORK Wheels USA to get this resolved. WORK would have been able to replace these wheels at no extra cost as long as tires had not been mounted. But since you already mounted tires on them, the best I could work out with them was, $145.23 extra your cost, to replace the wheels, that includes shipping of the new wheels once they arrive in to the US and the cost to return the 2 front that you have now.

My initial reaction was WTF, WORK Wheels want me to pay to fix a problem that happened because of their mistake?! So I called RavSpec and guess what, RavSpec has agreed to cover the extra cost! Thank you very much RavSpec for standing behind your customers!

RavSpec also informed me that this was not a case of my wheels getting shipped to another customer nor a case where RavSpec submitted a wrong order; WORK Wheels actually manufactured the INCORRECT offset! How messed up is that?! They manufacture the incorrect offset, ship me these incorrect wheels, and expect me to pay?! That is completely wrong on so many levels.

Man, I'm not even going to ask to recover the cost of remounting the two wheels when they arrive...in what, another 3 long months? . But nevertheless, thank you very much again RavSpec for taking care of your customers.

Last edited by CalsonicVQ; 04-03-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Isn't work the company that doesn't publish their offsets or put them on the wheels? (ala Volk)

If so, there is no real way for you to check and thefore I'd agree. But how do you know the rears are okay?

Old 04-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Isn't work the company that doesn't publish their offsets or put them on the wheels? (ala Volk)

If so, there is no real way for you to check and thefore I'd agree. But how do you know the rears are okay?
WORK releases their offsets. In fact, they let you order custom offsets (not to mention finishes, BBK/deepdish options, etc).

I know the rears are okay because 1) the boxes and the wheel stickers on the two rear wheels say exactly what I ordered, and 2) they look exactly like how I expected.

Last edited by CalsonicVQ; 04-03-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
DAMN now thats customer service!
glad you got it resolved..
now you must play the WAITING game
=/

Old 04-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
Props to RavSpec for excellent customer service..

WORK...

Old 04-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats excellent customer service from Ravspec...i ordered my T1S from them too

Old 04-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Glad everything went through for you. Sorry to hear about the madness. The waiting game sure does suck!!

Old 04-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Do you have Work USA's number?
I have their direct distribution center in Cali number.
I can dig through my paperwork and find it for you, if need be.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:38 PM
^No need, he got it resolved. RAVSPEC FTW

If you didnt mount it you would most likely gotten everything covered for free, and plus air freight shipment. I tripled checked my offsets before i mounted mine and I got everything taken cared of. I was patient and calm. Things resolved in 2 weeks. Air freighted and fresh.

Regardless, they have had issues with T1S orders, on about 5 different people that I know including myself. So a lesson for future orders, please double and triple check ur offsets before mounting them. BTW at least they got the color and size right haha. Trust me, Ralph and I got stories

Old 04-03-2009, 07:58 PM
I know about Ralph's story - the Chris, Aun, and F1 story right?

Yes, in the future, I'll certainly double check all wheel specs before mounting tires. And I hope WORK learns to double check orders before starting the manufacturing process and before shipment.

Your issue was resolved in 2 weeks? You mean to say WORK Wheels manufactured new wheels and had them to you in 2 weeks via air freight with nothing out of your pocket?

Old 04-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Rav Spec ftw

Old 04-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
I'm getting a little worried that my t1s are gonna come in ok..I ordered them two weeks ago..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I hope WORK Wheels USA doesn't screw me over...