Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Problem with Goodyear Tire on Sport Wheel package?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with Goodyear Tire on Sport Wheel package?

I just noticed this morning that my right rear tire has a bubble on the sidewall. I called my local dealership and they said that they do not handle this, and it is something I will have to take up with my local Goodyear Tire shop.

Well I called Goodyear and the guy there said it is most likely an impact break on the sidwall.

Now, in the past I have run over several potholes and hit the occassional curb, and there is only one time that I can remember it causing an impact break. And I knew when it hit that it would most likely damage the tire, and it did.

Now, back to Goodyear and my current dilemma... I have not hit any potholes or any curbs with my G. Nothing more than the occassional road bumps. As hard as you would have to hit that tire to cause an impact break you should notice some damage to the wheel... a scratch, bend, or a dent... But there is nothing wrong with the wheel, not even a slight scratch anywhere...

My friend that used to work for Firestone said that there pretty much is nothing I can do and that it will be up to the discretion of the Goodyear Service station to determine what happened... Yeah, like I don't already know what they are going to say

Has anyone else encountered this problem with their tires? If so did Infiniti help you out at all? I am really disappointed in the Infiniti dealership for not helping out more in this situation... Right now I am pretty pissed with Infiniti and I would like to drive my car right through the freaking service department.

So as it stands, I will be out of pocket whatever it costs to replace my tire with a new one as road hazard is not included with new vehicle tires. Not to mention, I don't get the use of the "Loaner Vehicle" as stated when you buy the Infiniti badge. This after having the car for 6 months!!!

Old 04-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Problem with Goodyear Tire on Sport Wheel package?

If you can't find a Goodyear station that's willing to help, you might try calling Infiniti Consumer Affairs at 800-662-6200 (it's the number on the card in your Owner's Manual booklet) and see if maybe they can throw a little weight at Goodyear on your behalf.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 04-01-2003, 06:06 PM

You probably aren't getting the loaner vehicle either because they've determined it's not an Infinity responsibility....you wouldn't expect them to give you a loaner if you had it in the shop for body work would you?

Red/Canadian

Old 04-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, for body work they might give you one. Anything that requires more than 2 hours of labor.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 04-01-2003, 10:07 PM

Actually when I got into my accident with the G they gave me a loaner.. even though it wasnt any kind of warrenty repair.. he said some dealers "bend" the rules..

..pestilence..

Old 04-02-2003, 12:35 PM

Yeah, a buddy of mine had his car in the shop for 2 weeks for bumper repair and the dealer gave him a loaner car. Eventhough, he wasn't supposed to do it the sales guy went out of his way to help.

The problem I now have is that my sales guy no longer works at the Infiniti Dealership. Too bad for me! He was a great guy and always got me a loaner vehicle, even when the service manager said there were none currently available.

One last item: For those of you that have relatively new G's... < 6 months old... You can go to Discount tire and purchase the Road Hazard Certificates for your tires. I got my tire replaced there this morning and they guy offered me the option to purchase the certificates for the remaining three factory GoodYears @ $14 each.... Uh Yes, I will take that option!

Old 04-04-2003, 09:31 AM
Re: Problem with Goodyear Tire on Sport Wheel pack

I like DiscountTire.

When I bought used 18" wheels/tires to replace the stock 17" wheels/tires on my Coupe, the assistant manager at my local DiscountTire outlet sold me the certificates for the Michelin MXM4s that came with the wheels when they swapped the 17s out for the 18s (I kept the 17s for future swap back when I trade the G35c in on a newer model). BTW I asked for the certificates and the "Force Ride Balance" for this set of wheels/tires.

Thing was, I didn't like the MXM4s' handling, response, tramlining so I bought a set of Michelin Pilot Sport AS tires.

The assistant manager did NOT charge me for the "Force Ride Balance" or new "Road Hazard" certificates for the PSAS tires.

Now that is the definition of "customer satisfaction". [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Screamin' Daemon - L5AT