Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

how big can you go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how big can you go?

whats the biggest rims/tires you can get with having air bags for suspension?....
like when you drop your car with the air ride would 20x9 in the front and 20x10.5 in the rear with stretched tires hit the wheel well? also how wide can you go.?.... I'm just curious because when i get a G I'm definitely bagging it.

how many G's on here are equipped with air ride suspension?
could you post pics slammed and raised? side view and front/rear view....

thanks all

EDIT: one more question ... what are the pros and cons on air ride setup..
also i know i posted this in the wheels & tire section because it is about wheels/tires even though im talking about air ride as well. lol

Old 03-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
coupe? sedan?

either way get some 20x8.5 and 20x10 with some aggresive offsets.

there are a couple of rides on here that are bagged. not many though

Old 03-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by kennymo
coupe? sedan?

either way get some 20x8.5 and 20x10 with some aggresive offsets.

there are a couple of rides on here that are bagged. not many though
whoops sorry thanks for the catch...... a coupe..
i know there is a gray G35 i think the persons name is shaneg ? if im wrong please correct me... he has bags. that car is totally an inspiration to "my future G" lol...

so 20x8.5 and 20x10 should do it.....
what kind of offsets do you think would be good?
EDIT: i been studying rims but i cant seem to understand offsets well. so i pretty much i still don't know what offsets are.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Vonces aper? Look forward to seeing your G with an aggressive setup. If you need air red lemme know, I can get you Universal Air Suspension for a good deal.

The width of the wheel and offset really depends what you're trying to go for? Do you want the rims to barely clear the fenders? Do you want to go with stretched tires? What kind of work are you willing to do?

To get wide wheels with low offsets to work you would have to most definitely roll your fenders, but probably pull them. Unless you want to go as far as not pulling them, but you must roll them so the tires won't rub.

From there you can decide what width and offsets to go with.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by donpisto
Vonces aper? Look forward to seeing your G with an aggressive setup. If you need air red lemme know, I can get you Universal Air Suspension for a good deal.

The width of the wheel and offset really depends what you're trying to go for? Do you want the rims to barely clear the fenders? Do you want to go with stretched tires? What kind of work are you willing to do?

To get wide wheels with low offsets to work you would have to most definitely roll your fenders, but probably pull them. Unless you want to go as far as not pulling them, but you must roll them so the tires won't rub.

From there you can decide what width and offsets to go with.
i want the meanest and most aggressive look. seriously.. i figured air ride would be best for me in MA because you can raise and lower your car whenever.....because we have CRAPPY roads and everything.
and i don't care what i have to do to get a aggressive look i will roll my fenders i am planning on it, but i don't know what pulling exactly is but sounds good... can someone fill me up on that? even though I'm going to google " what is pulling fenders " after i submit this post.
again lol another EDIT: what is Vonces aper?

Old 03-31-2010, 09:42 PM
Vonces aper = whats up bro in armenian. I thought you were armenian because of your username.

Pulling fenders is simply that. The way you roll the fenders, you roll it aggressively and pull the fender out. THe more you pull, the more the spot welds will show and the more the paint may crack. Doing so will require you to repaint the fenders.

You can also adjust camber, that's another thing you have to decide on. Some people don't like much camber, others will have some and keep it reasonable (around 2-4 degrees of negative camber) and some, like me, don't care and will have excessive negative camber (-4.7 in front and -7.5 in rear).

The more negative camber you have, the more clearance you gain. If you're trying to do something like Shane, then you should be doing 10's up front 12's in the rear or at least 11's in the rear and at least 9.5 in the front. Offsets should be in single or negative digits. Tires will need to be stretched.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Vonces aper = whats up bro in armenian. I thought you were armenian because of your username.

Pulling fenders is simply that. The way you roll the fenders, you roll it aggressively and pull the fender out. THe more you pull, the more the spot welds will show and the more the paint may crack. Doing so will require you to repaint the fenders.

You can also adjust camber, that's another thing you have to decide on. Some people don't like much camber, others will have some and keep it reasonable (around 2-4 degrees of negative camber) and some, like me, don't care and will have excessive negative camber (-4.7 in front and -7.5 in rear).

The more negative camber you have, the more clearance you gain. If you're trying to do something like Shane, then you should be doing 10's up front 12's in the rear or at least 11's in the rear and at least 9.5 in the front. Offsets should be in single or negative digits. Tires will need to be stretched.

yeah i don't know how to type in Armenian. lol sorry.

thanks for the info.... I wanna have a flush look...
so when the time comes and i get a g i'll look for a shop to do my fenders.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Lol, all good. I just type how it sounds, haha.

Did you say you were in Massachusetts or did i read wrong?

Old 03-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Lol, all good. I just type how it sounds, haha.

Did you say you were in Massachusetts or did i read wrong?
yeah Massachusetts..... my mom has Family in Cali. are you Armenian?

Old 03-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Yeah I'm half. my dad is armo, my mom is mixed european..German and Irish. Are you full?

I was gonna say i know of places you could have work done on ur car if you were in Cali..all good.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah I'm half. my dad is armo, my mom is mixed european..German and Irish. Are you full?

I was gonna say i know of places you could have work done on ur car if you were in Cali..all good.
my mom is FULL Armenian... and my dad is half french and half Irish.
so I'm half as well....i used to speak it when i was younger but then i moved in with my dad so i don't know how to but i can understand it alright...
i want to take an Armenian speech class because i cant call myself Armenian if i cant speak it...... you know?

Old 03-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Yeah you can, it's in your blood. My brother can speak only a few words, understands it partially...still armenian at heart lol. It's cos we speak english mainly around the house and he only went to an armenian school till kindergarten

Old 03-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
coupe you can get away with wider wheels, im running 20x9 and 20x10.5 my friend is running 20x9 and 20x11 and someone here with forgestar f14 are running 20x10 and 20x11

Old 03-31-2010, 10:33 PM
20x11 what about 20x12? i LOVE wide wheels in the back looks SO mean when your behind it!........ but my question is would the wheel rub when i drop the car to the floor because I'm getting air ride..

Old 03-31-2010, 10:34 PM
Yeah you can, it's in your blood. My brother can speak only a few words, understands it partially...still armenian at heart lol. It's cos we speak english mainly around the house
same here........ are you a owner of a shop?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how big can you go?