Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

My experience with Parts Ultimate after ordering OEM 5 spoke wheels. SO frustrating!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My experience with Parts Ultimate after ordering OEM 5 spoke wheels. SO frustrating!

I recently purchased the sport 5 spoke wheels from this website and wanted to share my letter and pictures to them. Let me know your thoughts on how to handle!

This is the website with the product:
http://www.partsultimate.com/index.p...duct_id=165504

This is the letter:

I am completely disappointed and frustrated with my order. First of all, you sent me one incorrect wheel. Secondly, these are clearly refurbished wheels and you are claiming them NEW on your website, which is illegal. How could a company send a wrong wheel AND falsely advertise? At least get the order right… One wheel is clearly different than the rest. It takes one minute to check an order before it goes out. This is totally unprofessional and I wish that I had read the negative ratings that parts ultimate has online prior to ordering. Please send me the correct NEW wheels and I will ‘return to sender’ these wheels. I refuse to pay shipping on a parts ultimate’s mistake. I will ‘return to sender’ once I receive the new wheels. This is ridiculous. Take a look at the pictures that I have taken:

http://img189.imageshack.us/slidesho...=cimg1084d.jpg

UPDATE: So I sent that email and they will be sending me shipping labels and refunding my credit card upon receipt. Back in the market for OEM 17 sport wheels with caps!

Last edited by azt108; 04-12-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Yeah, that's pretty brutal. Not sure why you'd order new, can't be too hard to find wheels in NY state, but I suppose it's just as easy to get scammed buying on the free market. At least then you could inspect them before paying. I hope you can return them for a full refund.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:51 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
wow that order isnt even in the ballpark.....how the hell did they send out the last wheel its not even....wow fail

Old 04-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is pretty hard to find these wheels in general let alone in perfect shape. I figured I'd rather pay double for a brand new fresh set than deal with a used private seller especially given my experiences in the past. Needless to say, I will be buying everything in person going forward. Can't stand this ****. I was so excited this weekend to swap my tires and look into powder coating my OEM non-sport 17s gun metal.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by azt108
I recently purchased the sport 5 spoke wheels from this website and wanted to share my letter and pictures to them. Let me know your thoughts on how to handle!

This is the website with the product:
http://www.partsultimate.com/index.p...duct_id=165504

This is the letter:

I am completely disappointed and frustrated with my order. First of all, you sent me one incorrect wheel. Secondly, these are clearly refurbished wheels and you are claiming them NEW on your website, which is illegal. How could a company send a wrong wheel AND falsely advertise? At least get the order right… One wheel is clearly different than the rest. It takes one minute to check an order before it goes out. This is totally unprofessional and I wish that I had read the negative ratings that parts ultimate has online prior to ordering. Please send me the correct NEW wheels and I will ‘return to sender’ these wheels. I refuse to pay shipping on a parts ultimate’s mistake. I will ‘return to sender’ once I receive the new wheels. This is ridiculous. Take a look at the pictures that I have taken:

http://img189.imageshack.us/slidesho...=cimg1084d.jpg
I would revise the letter. You will probably get a better response if you stick to the facts and express that your dissapointed. Let them offer a solution and if it's not up to par to your expectations express it at that point.

Thats crappy that they messed up the order like that. I know that feeling of waiting for something like that and once it arrives it's all wrong. hopefully they take care of this to your satisfaction.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I am wishing i listed my rims on the marketplace. I would have looked around for a private seller, even if they are not perfect, you can ride on them until you figure out what color you want to PC them and they will essentially be 'perfect'. I have a set of OEM 17" with brand new tires that I would have sold for the cost from parts ultimate with tires. Sorry you had a bad experience, nothing like getting new shoes that are not what you thought...

Old 04-12-2010, 12:51 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
You should know eh?? ^^At least for you it worked out OK

Old 04-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
You should know eh?? ^^At least for you it worked out OK
This is true, but a wise man told me that all the problems you encounter make the final product that much sweeter...true statement. Thanks again for the help! Coupe 19" FTW

Old 04-12-2010, 01:07 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Ludafish
This is true, but a wise old man told me that all the problems you encounter make the final product that much sweeter...true statement. Thanks again for the help! Coupe 19" FTW
Edited for truth. No worries on the help, I'm just glad we got everything to work finally.