Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

latest and greatest wheel locks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
latest and greatest wheel locks?

I know that if they really want them they will get them but I don't want to make it easy for thieves. I know the OEM IS-F rims are expensive so insurance will give you enough to cover the cost of most aftermarket wheels out there but its still a pain to go through so I'm thinking of getting some wheel locks for my car when my new rims are ready. Whats the latest and greatest out there? I know thieves can use a tool to remove regular wheel locks by hammering it on and then just spin them off but what about what about wheel locks with spinning outer shafts? The problem with most wheel locks is they are ugly as sin and usually only come in chrome. I'd prefer something in black.

So far my thoughts are :

$250-$300 Volk formula racing lugs, they are round on the outside and you need a hex key to get to the slot then once that's removed you need a heptagon shaped key that goes inside the lug to open them. Yes you could jam a socket over them to removed them but seeing as to how there would be 20 of them it would still take a very long time to get them all.

$90 bucks per set Kyo Ei Dency 2000 locks, these are pretty interesting.
http://www.nengun.com/kyo-ei/dency-2000-lock-nuts
These have a spinning outer shell, even if you hammer a removal tool on there it will just spin. To remove the cap you need a special tool that will expose the inner portion to remove. They come in black too.

$20 Gorilla guard nuts with spinning outer shell:
http://www.gorilla-auto.com/gorilla.guard.locks
only come in ugly chrome

What else is out there?

Old 06-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
there's always kics r40 revos (16 lugs and 4 locks)... gun metal (since you prefer black) that's about $200. The neochrome is nice though if you ever change your mind about dark colored lugs.