Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

New 19" wheels. Why is the car shuddering?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
man, that is fvcking bizarre. well, at least you found out what the hell was wrong w/ them.

what kind of spacers you have again? are they 10mm? want to sell them?? how much?

you know what else could have been messed up w/ the leaking air is if the valve stem is not tightly screwed on. an incompetent shop (whom will remain nameless) didn't tighten the valve stem when i replaced my rears so i would lose like 15 lbs of air in a few days. i didn't really check the tires since i knew they were brand new but i kept experiencing a slight wobble. anyway, on top of not balancing my wheel correctly, i had to pay another shop $50 to fix everything. the first shop did reimburse me, tho, but i'll never do business w/ them again.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:27 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
now get used oem 19's from a coupe from someone on here.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cremaster
man, that is fvcking bizarre. well, at least you found out what the hell was wrong w/ them.

what kind of spacers you have again? are they 10mm? want to sell them?? how much?

you know what else could have been messed up w/ the leaking air is if the valve stem is not tightly screwed on. an incompetent shop (whom will remain nameless) didn't tighten the valve stem when i replaced my rears so i would lose like 15 lbs of air in a few days. i didn't really check the tires since i knew they were brand new but i kept experiencing a slight wobble. anyway, on top of not balancing my wheel correctly, i had to pay another shop $50 to fix everything. the first shop did reimburse me, tho, but i'll never do business w/ them again.
Hey, they are Ichiba 10mm spacers with longer studs included. I paid $99 for them. Make me an offer via private mail if you like. I was gonna ebay them eventually.

I am sure something was screwy as the TPMS sensors had been removed and I suspected that could have led to issues in terms of air loss. It also could have been corrosion around the bead area from the moisture.

Turns out the seller called and he inspected them and agreed they were full of water. He promised a refund. He then mentioned that he realized how the water got inside. They did sit outside in the rain deflated, so that's how the water got inside. Apparently they broke the bead off the rim to remove the sensors and just left them sitting out getting rained on.

Like in your case, the main problem I had was the hassle and wasted time of dealing with it all. Tires on/off, spacers on/off, driving them up to a shop and picking them up, etc, etc. Then having to repack and ship the wheels back, being home to meet the fedex driver one day (they also managed to no-show on the appointment!) then a second day. The guy's english is so bad I didn't even broach the subject of compensating me for the spacers I had to buy.

I counted about 8 hours of time wasted in my garage and driving to deal with it. The seller spent about $360 in shipping, all wasted of course. All that waste because someone was too lazy to check the tires for water before remounting and balancing them, or too lazy to roll them under cover or tarp them if left outside.

What I find bizarre still is that balancing machines don't pick this up. They balanced fine at the seller's shop and at my local one.