Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

fender liner issues affect anything?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
fender liner issues affect anything?

So my car is pretty low and sometimes when i'm going in and out of parking lots or driveways, i hear rubbing on the liner. I know it's the liner and not the fenders. I'm just wondering if it'll affect my car in a really bad way such as messing up something. Also, if i were to take turns a little harder because of the upgraded suspension... and my tires rub on the liner... would it affect that too? i don't want my car to be flipping over or anything because the tires rubbed the liner so hard.. lol.

Is it a good idea to cut the liner? I'm thinking of cutting the top portion but keeping the part that covers the headlights and the side. Basically cut the top part off so that my tires would not rub anything as i enter somewhere.

I don't want to get any new tires to stretch a little bit... I'm trying to keep the same tires. It's not worth to get new tires for my wheels because i plan to get new ones when i find something i like.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:51 AM
anyone know?

Old 05-10-2011, 01:55 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
nothing bad is going to happen. worst thing that can happen is you wear a hole in the liner or you catch the liner and tear it off.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Sounds like you're not rubbing on the liner, you're rubbing on the screw that holds the liner in. There is a pair of them at the top of the fender, remove those and the rubbing should go away.

If you have already removed these and it is just the liner then no,the liner is too week to cause any issues with your tires. The Screw however can mess you up good.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Sounds like you're not rubbing on the liner, you're rubbing on the screw that holds the liner in. There is a pair of them at the top of the fender, remove those and the rubbing should go away.

If you have already removed these and it is just the liner then no,the liner is too week to cause any issues with your tires. The Screw however can mess you up good.
I did remove the screws from the fenders on the inside and i tried to tuck the clips in behind the rolled fender but a on the middle one, half of that clip still sticks out. I just assumed it was the liner because when i went into a parking lot.. i tried to get in at a slant and my car felt like it had to drag itself to move in... and my slip light started blinking. So i thought it was the tires getting caught at the liner, trying to spin but it wouldn't really move.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
The liner is pretty stiff, it's catching on something else in my opinion.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
If it's just the fender liner than it's no big deal, it will wear through eventually. Rubbing my tires is the least of my worries driving lowered, the bottom of my car on the other hand gets hated on by the roads around here on a daily basis though..