Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Mishap with the Varrstoen BBS LM Replica... :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
Didn't bother looking at the brake.

As far as 12", where in the world are you getting this figure? This would be dependent on the angle of the turn since it is a front wheel as well as the curb height in relation to the wheel. Not all curbs are a standard height.

And no I did not say straight over a curb, as I clearly stated before it can be any type of angle with a front wheel.

Get off your high horse and accept we don't know the exact situation that led to the failure. I know you are a wheel ***** and love 4k+ wheels, but at least acknowledge it doesn't have to be a huge defect with the wheel to cause that damage. Who knows what this person really did? I doubt they would tell us the truth if they were doing something that would prohibit any possibility of a warranty because of their actions.
Go throw your wheel at a curb, measure it then come back. I've spent a lot of time at the track and seen a lot of cars kiss the wall. The wheels ALWAYS come back with a foot of destruction no matter what angle they hit it. Like really in all sarcasm aside, picture a car skidding diagonally into a curb and see where the wheel will hit... now what are you arguing?

Varrstoen doesn't offer a warranty on their shitty wheels so.... no he is telling the truth. He learned his lesson, don't buy shitty knock off wheels. This IS a defect with the wheel as there are multiple repeats of this exact same thing happening to the same Chinese made wheels.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:30 PM
You're just standing up for the wheel company that you have on your car. Stop being a whiny nancy when people cut up fake wheels.

https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-...37-owners.html

Also note, I helped you fit your car....

Old 06-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
You're just standing up for the wheel company that you have on your car. Stop being a whiny nancy when people cut up fake wheels.

https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-...37-owners.html

Also note, I helped you fit your car....
Actually, not at all. I don't have any problem with running these wheels, I have hit potholes at freeway speeds and quite large ones with these rims without any trouble. I am interested in knowing what really happened though, as from my experience and others these rims take a beating pretty well for fake wheels. If we actually had a solid story and if it happened multiple times to the same wheels (not just trying to compare any non-forged style wheels), then I would be perfectly content saying there was an actual defect.

Also it didn't necessarily have to happen like at a track, this person could have been making a turn and kissed the curb at a point a bit too hard. Like I said before, we really don't know how this happened and what led up to it.

And you can try to compare varr wheels to linea's, etc. but I have yet to see solid evidence suggesting any of these brands come from the same factory.

On the side, I know you helped me in the past and that you have helped many others. But that shouldn't be an excuse to be able to make rash conclusions without knowledge of how this individual mishap occurred, or any other instances with this wheel, or even brand.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:48 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Thanks for bringing back a thread that no one cares about anymore

Old 05-14-2012, 05:49 PM
+1, should have week bans for dragging **** like this up.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts
Old 05-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by anthonychavez
Ha if u don't like seeing this unsubscribe!