Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Hankook V12 vs. BFGoodrich g-Force

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hankook V12 vs. BFGoodrich g-Force

Looking to order a new set of summer tires before I wear my Blizzak's down in this 60 degree weather. Seems like a bunch of you guys go for the Hankook's, which are cheaper...but I was originally looking into the BFGoodrich g-Force Sport Comp 2, which nobody seems to talk about on here.

Kook's are cheaper ($630) and I can get them in 225/35/19 and 245/35/19.

The g-Force's are a bit more ($780) but i'd have to get 225/40...245/40.

The g's ratings are a little better than the kook's, and seem like they'll last longer. G-Force is Ultra high performance summer and the kooks are Max Perf. Dunno how big of a difference it'll make. I'm in NJ so not sure if one will be better than the other if temp's drop. I don't drive my G as hard as most of you guys probably do so I'm pretty much just looking for the best deal. I'm willing to shell out the extra 150 if the g-force's will last me a lot longer and be that much better. Just see so many of you guys getting the Kook's and nobody mentioning the BF's that I had to ask.

Open to any opinions you have on this; trying to order them over the next couple of days. Here's tirerack links to both sets:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....on&tab=Reviews

Thanks in advanced!

Old 04-17-2013, 11:50 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Both don't like temps below 40 being a summer based sport tire. You should squeak a little more life out of the BFG, but not lots more. I think the V12's tend to be more popular as they cost less, but a direct comparison is hard as they are in separate performance classes.

Better dry handling and response with the V12.....better life and ride with the G-Force. Can't go wrong with either one.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts
I don't understand why the v12's are super popular and no one even looks at the sumitomo htrz-iii in the same class. cheaper and better in nearly every category.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=149

Old 04-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Awesome. Thanks Neal! Clearly I've been having an inner dilemma over this. Think I'm going to join the rest of you and get the V12s. Thanks again for the help Neal.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
bf goodrich's are noisy

Old 04-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
well, the bfg's have a higher treadwear rating so you'll get more life out of them for sure. if you don't care about performance and are just looking to get a deal, then the answer is pretty simple.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
i never had the v12 so i cant say about those, but the bfg was really noisy but handled well. i think i ran through my set in like 25 to 30K miles.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
I can only speak for the Hankooks as I have them on my G right now. They handle well, were very affordable, are quiet. Just have to wait to see what kind of life I get out of them.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:49 AM
I tried asking about the v12's in the questions sticky thread, but it seems like most peoples questions get passed up and ignored.

Im considering getting some v12's. Right now I have Nankang NS II's. I don't have any reference point because it's the only tire I've had on the G (04 sedan), but they have always performed great dry/wet. I don't like they're a little loud.

I want a little nicer tire though. I don't drive in the winter, but it can get cold and I need something adaptable to rain. I'm probably going 225/35/20 x 8.5 and 255/35/20 x10 so I want a good tire for a little stretch.

Everything I've read sounds like the v12 is the best option.. but I really don't know anything else.. a bunch of other tires have been discontinued and stuff. At this point I was gonna get the v12 cuz I don't know what else to consider.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:38 PM
you won't really be stretching with those sizes. the hankooks ARE a good all around tire for the price, but as far as performance goes, you can definitely do better. it all depends on what you care about the most. regardless, its going to be easy for you to upgrade from nankangs.

it all really depends on how much you are willing to spend and what are the most important qualities for you out of a tire. performance? price?

Old 04-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by ajkVQ
you won't really be stretching with those sizes. the hankooks ARE a good all around tire for the price, but as far as performance goes, you can definitely do better. it all depends on what you care about the most. regardless, its going to be easy for you to upgrade from nankangs.

it all really depends on how much you are willing to spend and what are the most important qualities for you out of a tire. performance? price?
Yea, it's just a slight stretch.. I don't want anything crazy. I know tires vary in size. I've read Nankangs run a little small and I really like the stretch I'm sitting on with on those.
As far as what I want to spend, I'm looking for the best tire I can find for $200/ea max with the qualities I listed before.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:56 PM
well the only tires i see on tirerack (i realize that this is not the only site for tires) in your fitment are the hankooks, kumho ecsta spt, sumitomo htr z iii, and yoko sdrives. out of those i'd probably pick between the hankooks and the sdrives. that should narrow it down for you

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...earDiameter=20

Old 04-20-2013, 02:51 PM
thanks

yea I was looking at sdrives before but I thought I read more favorable opinions towards the v12's.. all anyone says about the v12's is they have a soft sidewall.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by risingson
thanks

yea I was looking at sdrives before but I thought I read more favorable opinions towards the v12's.. all anyone says about the v12's is they have a soft sidewall.
yeah the v12's are a popular tire for what they are due to their price and decent performance. the soft sidewall will hinder performance a bit, but if you're just looking for a quality serviceable tire the v12's are probably a good route to go.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Buy Michelin's Pilot Sport at around $ 316 / tire and call it a day. You will not regret it I love these tires. I have M's on my work truck, and SS bike.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hankook V12 vs. BFGoodrich g-Force