Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

kei office suspension, are they any good???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kei office suspension, are they any good???

just ordered the kei office suspension without knowing if they are good or not, they will be arriving in the next few weeks, does anybody have any experience with this suspension, wonder if it is smooth or how is the quality compared to tein, the shop swears that tein is over rated once u use kei office?????? any suggestions or opinions

Old 02-01-2005, 01:21 AM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kei office is highly respectable regardless. I've rode in a S13 with these coilovers and they can take a beating unlike no other. Kei ???? (sorry, i forgot the drift kings last name) is the one who makes this. In the S13, the ride wasn't your original stock feel at all. It's strictly performance minded. I agree with Tein's being overated, but it's mostly user preferrence. Imo, if you want a suspension you aint really gotta worry about screwing up, then the Kei Office ones would be very great choice. however, i really love the EDFC function the Flex's have! I'd say you will be very happy you purchased these. Where did you find these? I never knew they came out with the G ones.

Last edited by sen_jen; 02-01-2005 at 01:25 AM.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:31 AM
Kei office eh? You going D-spec for the G? HEHE...I actually kinda smacked the Kei office S15's spoiler pretty hard accidentally when D1 was here in '03...

Very reputable brand and very original on your part. Show some install pics and some after pics please...

Old 02-01-2005, 12:51 PM
so is the coilover setup for drifting?

Old 02-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
You really laid down around $2k without knowing about what you were buying? Whoa.

Which one did you get? Type XR?

In looking for info or owner comments on the brand, this post really stuck out in reply to the question what was better Silk Road or Kei Offfice. It was posted on drifting.com

"i'm running the silk roads, i have friends running the kei office.. both of them are made in the same factory (if i remember correctly), and they use the same quality materials, and the same quality construction.. the real question you need to ask yourself is,"Do i really have enougn experience in suspension tuning to actually know the difference and how to properly set up the suspension i spend a grand and a half for".. becuase you can spend thousands on suspension, but if all you're going to do is bolt it in, and lower your car, you're wasting your money. find the coils that best suit YOUR needs."

{edit}
Also found this thread

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...ice+suspension

Last edited by Gsedan35; 02-01-2005 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Gsedan35
"the real question you need to ask yourself is,"Do i really have enougn experience in suspension tuning to actually know the difference and how to properly set up the suspension i spend a grand and a half for".. becuase you can spend thousands on suspension, but if all you're going to do is bolt it in, and lower your car, you're wasting your money. find the coils that best suit YOUR needs."
That's an excellent point you pointed out there Jim. With so many different adjustments available on high end coilovers, it really takes someone who knows what they are doing in order to properly tune the suspension to the needs of the customer. And in most cases it's not going to be the customer himself. IMO, if I didn't know what I was doing, I would take it to a reputalbe shop with lots of road racing experience and who has a suspension guru on hand. Luckily I know of such a place although its all the way down in Southern California. Driving a car with a properly tuned suspension vs. driving the same car with the same exact suspension untuned is a night and day difference.

As for the original topic and poster of this thread any links to info on the Kei Office coilovers? Where did you buy them from?

Old 02-01-2005, 11:42 PM
purchased the suspension from driftspeed.com thanks for all the replies, once i get them on the car, i will be sure to let everyone know how they go

Old 02-02-2005, 10:43 AM
I would be very interesting in knowing the specs on them, especially the spring rates.

Old 02-03-2005, 11:32 PM
RE:Kei OFfice suspension

The coilover set up I purchased was the TDII set up. This set up is more for street/daily driving as opposed to the other set ups which are strictly for drifting. Bryan at DRIFT Speed recommended these.. Ill let you guys know how it turns out when we get them here in the us....just wondered if anyone else had this set up???

Old 02-04-2005, 12:44 PM
I hope things work out, sellers tend to be a very poor sources for advice, making recommendations based on what is near and dear to them, something they happen to sell. Steering you into choices that almost alway's cost you more or ignor better choices that they can't make a buck on since they don't sell them. I can't tell you how many times they've tried to tell me things I knew full well was wrong, be carefull that's all. If you have any more contact with them, could you please ask what the spring rates are?

Old 02-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i'd just like to add that Kei Office coilover's aren't your "luxury" feel type. they are plain out performance minded. Still, i'd definately get these.