Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

245/35/19 Front 275/30/19 Rear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 05:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sen_jen
Nah, you should she my Sf-Challenge 10.5's! the lip is 94mm compared to the 92mm of the Sf-Winning's
whoah whoah whoah...is this a lip battle. hehe :P

Old 02-11-2005, 05:54 AM
thanks for the replies guys. its just i was getting these fuzion tires for cheap 245/35/19 and i noticed they only offered 275/30/19 in the rears. You think I should just run different tires (fuzions in the front and sumpin' else in the rear)?? Yeah, its been sorta a toss up for me as to running the stretch look versus the squared look....'cuz g35tt's car looks pretty sick with the 255 up front and 285 at the rear. ...but, i really like the stretch look also. Anyways, yeah, i'm definitely rolling my fender. That's why I started a thread on that in the Hawaii forum. Just dont' have time right now to go to the shop and quote 'cuz its pro bowl weekend and the hotel i work at is swamped with guests, players, staff, fans, and people trying to get autographs for a profit. ...but anyways, that's my situation.

Old 02-11-2005, 05:56 AM
Originally Posted by XLR8SN
Okay...with the +17 offset...yeah you better roll those fenders BEFORE you use the 275/35 19. I am pretty positive that you will be hitting the lip of the inner fender and after constant rubbing, chances are you will be cutting into the tire itself...and its going to be the sidewalls. Also the rubbing might cause the paint to chip and peel... = areas for rust to set in.

If you dont believe me..well I am running a +12 offset. You might want to look at mine before you mount yours so you have some sort of an idea on what you are getting yourself into.

There are other ways around this though. Just got to be a little creative and wonder off the path of every day people thinking....... You can still get the look of the wider stance without getting really wide tires.

BTW..those are going to be some wicked looking lips...but make sure you dont catch a curb as well.
whoah, that's a crazy offset. i def. wanna check that out. what kinda rims you runnin'??

Old 02-11-2005, 05:58 AM
yeah, jdb got 275/30/19 Falken ST-115's on his 10.5 GT-C's. it's also not his only ride. damn, you're crazy mang!! slammin' the coupe is nuts! doesn't the coupe already hang low as s.hit? i'm only 1" lower and i don't clear a lot of places! if i never had my Data System's Labia i might clear. i'd say if you got money to spend, order another 10.5 rim just in case you kill it on our "beautiful" roads!! hawaiiroadssuckcack.
well, not slam'em slamm'em. more like, drop it like its hot, slam'em. hehe, I dunno. maybe around the same height as jdb's ride. His car is pretty low for just springs.

Old 02-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by beangrower
whoah whoah whoah...is this a lip battle. hehe :P
haha, no man. i don't even care about lip sizes. main thing the car looks nice, i'm happz. btw, let me know about Fuzion tires. i want to pick up some tires for a 2004 Lexus LS. TIA.

Old 02-11-2005, 01:35 PM
The Fuzion's are not that bad. They are made by Bridgestone (SO-3 for those not in the know) and for the money they grip pretty well. You can push these tires pretty hard and very little road noise. Then again...when you drop you car and run on "solid" shocks what do you expect when it comes to NVH.

In regards to your question, I am running TE-37's. Took the most aggressive offset as possible without going to a custom setup. Next set though I think that I am going to run a negative offset just for the hell of it. Still looking for a decent light weight set of 18's to run.......ahhh still thinking....money on rims or spend it rebuilding the engine..... If you want to take a look at them just let me know when you got the time. I will be free on Saturday morning after 11 and on Sunday till about 3.

Before I forget. If you are going to stretch the tires...be advised that the shops here dont seem to like to mount them and thus tend to scratch the edges a little here and there. I dont think that its the mounting that causes the issues....more like the dismounting since they have to get in the tire to pull one side over the rim to remove it.

If you drop your G as low as jb's...you will have clearance issues with speed bumps. Not only that, but you will not be able to enter alot of parking garages and driveways. Also lower car = more damage from rocks kicked up by the vehicles in front of you. Just a FYI when dropping your G. There is practicality and there is just for show, our cars are low on the underside already..you will scrape the trans mounts and pipes under there.

Old 02-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
^ TRUE STORY D. i'm an 1" low and my trans mounts scraps in waiks (feel it in my shifter!), my exhaust pipes/muffler scraps/dented in waiks, malls, and Restaurant Row. with my Data front Labia, i have 3/4" left before it's grounded when going into the Restaurant Row garage too. i don't even have sounds! I'm 168lbs too. if you see me entering a dangerous area, you know i hold up traffic regardless! fack them, they don't know!

good luck on tires mang!

Old 02-11-2005, 04:59 PM
I used to scrape really bad in Ward Center..had to lift the car a bit actually. I know that the Y pipe is getting hit every so often as well due to the ripped metal fibers.

Ahhhhh so its Y-O-U!! ^ thats causing the cars to backup in to the street in Restaurant Row....damn you...

Back to the topic though....dropping your car too low will cause some serious issues and not to mention that Infiniti will not want to touch it...or they will charge you a fee when you take it in for oil services and such.

Old 02-12-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by XLR8SN
I used to scrape really bad in Ward Center..had to lift the car a bit actually. I know that the Y pipe is getting hit every so often as well due to the ripped metal fibers.

Ahhhhh so its Y-O-U!! ^ thats causing the cars to backup in to the street in Restaurant Row....damn you...

Back to the topic though....dropping your car too low will cause some serious issues and not to mention that Infiniti will not want to touch it...or they will charge you a fee when you take it in for oil services and such.

hmmm...so don't slam it? yeah, i guess i do scrape here and there so, dropping it lower will prolly do more harm then good. I just want a nice, even drop, no gaps w/ the 19z. but yeah, i guess its 35z in the rear for me. just gonna get a different brand. any suggestions which would be closest to fuzion zri type tread.

Old 02-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
^ closest meaning, same looking thread pattern? if so, i know the dunlop sp9's, and falken ze 512's look similar. the sp9's are quieter though. see aron at Euro's. he had the sp9 shoelaces for his sp1's on his black coupe before. he got them through Euro's too.

Jeff at Euro's is a good business man.

here's a pic of aron's previous "asset." *you can kinda see the tread pattern: dunlop sp9's:

here's the falken ze512's:

Last edited by sen_jen; 02-12-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:54 AM
^ closest meaning, same looking thread pattern? if so, i know the dunlop sp9's, and falken ze 512's look similar. the sp9's are quieter though. see aron at Euro's. he had the sp9 shoelaces for his sp1's on his black coupe before. he got them through Euro's too.

Jeff at Euro's is a good business man.

here's a pic of aron's previous "asset." *you can kinda see the tread pattern: dunlop sp9's:

here's the falken ze512's:

yeah, the dunlops do have similar tread patterns. what size are those tires? r they 275? looks sorta almost 255 on 10.5" wide sp1s. Looks toight like a tiger. hehe. thanks man.

Old 02-13-2005, 10:00 AM
Meatshake Enterprise
^ yeah, it's 255 on a 10.5 sp1. buggah wear out queek!

Old 02-14-2005, 06:30 AM
^ yeah, it's 255 on a 10.5 sp1. buggah wear out queek!

is jeff the filipino guy at euros?

Old 02-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
^ yups. Jeff S.

Old 02-16-2005, 07:52 AM
damn, someone's selling 275/30/19 falkens i think for like 220 for a pair. das hella cheap. oh wellz, i damaged my rear bumper. arrgghhh!!..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 245/35/19 Front 275/30/19 Rear