Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

spare rubs on stock sport pkg on 2005 G35 coup - help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 01:20 AM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
And this is what the fronts look like

Attached Thumbnails spare rubs on stock sport pkg on 2005 G35 coup - help!-20140122_230455.jpg  
Old 09-11-2014, 01:30 AM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by westsideblu
Actually I dont remember how the 350z brembos looked if they had the bar at the at the bottom from of the caliper but the 350z brembos did come factory red but the g35 does not have that bar so I would doubt the 350 would have it. And those rotors look awfully small for the caliper.
Wow jus wow.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:33 AM
But yeah those are def. Fake and you can probably go to a junk yard and get a full set for 8-900 y would you pay 2k extra for an supposedly oem set up?

Old 09-11-2014, 01:33 AM
Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts
And this is what the fronts look like
looks good brah. Btw has anyone ever realized that the beats headphones logo is identical to the brembo logo

Old 09-11-2014, 01:47 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Actually I dont remember how the 350z hibrembos looked if they had the bar at the at the bottom from of the caliper but the 350z brembos did come factory red but the g35 does not have that bar so I would doubt the 350 would have it. And those rotors look awfully small for the caliper.
No they didn't have the bar and no they didn't come in red.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by PLENUMCOUPE
looks good brah. Btw has anyone ever realized that the beats headphones logo is identical to the brembo logo
Thanks pita to tape though. But yeah it kinda does like if you put a dot in the brembo logo it would awfully similar to the bbd.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:54 AM
Yes they dont have the bar and idk man we had a set of stock red 350z brembos at the shop I was working at and it definitely wasnt painted probably an option you could purchase because ive seen others too. Idk but his arent real

Old 09-11-2014, 02:05 AM
Yes they dont have the bar and idk man we had a set of stock red 350z brembos at the shop I was working at and it definitely wasnt painted probably an option you could purchase because ive seen others too. Idk but his arent real
It's called repainting it to a color u like instead, ugh like wat ur doing

Old 09-11-2014, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by saywat?
It's called repainting it to a color u like instead, ugh like wat ur doing
Oh well they did a damn good job then like split the caliper kind of good job something I just did not have the time to do

Old 09-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But yeah those are def. Fake and you can probably go to a junk yard and get a full set for 8-900 y would you pay 2k extra for an supposedly oem set up?
That was the whole point. The seller advertised factory original package with Brembos. He goes out of his way in the ad copy to say the car hasn't been modded so I was fraudulently being sold something it seems he had to know about. With all the factory services he had on it, it seems hard to believe someone didn't mention it to him.

You'd think that if he didn't know, when I contacted him about it since this thread started he would have said so. Instead he told me to just to enjoy his fine car and not to contact him again. HA! Oh I won't, but my lawyer just might considering the cost to actually put Brembos on it! May be worth a fraud case in small claims court for the thousands I see them advertised for. Not to mention the "factory" installation cost!

Here's some reds ones BTW:

http://www.buybrakes.com/c-102-big-brake-kits.aspx

(and that's just the fronts? ouch!)

Attached Thumbnails spare rubs on stock sport pkg on 2005 G35 coup - help!-676.jpg  
Old 09-11-2014, 02:18 PM
can u post a clear picture of the front AND rear calipers again? I just want to see how amazing these fake covers are. they did one hell of a job on them. I wanna see it again!

Old 09-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by hardlock
That was the whole point. The seller advertised factory original package with Brembos. He goes out of his way in the ad copy to say the car hasn't been modded so I was fraudulently being sold something it seems he had to know about. With all the factory services he had on it, it seems hard to believe someone didn't mention it to him.

You'd think that if he didn't know, when I contacted him about it since this thread started he would have said so. Instead he told me to just to enjoy his fine car and not to contact him again. HA! Oh I won't, but my lawyer just might considering the cost to actually put Brembos on it! May be worth a fraud case in small claims court for the thousands I see them advertised for. Not to mention the "factory" installation cost!

Here's some reds ones BTW:

http://www.buybrakes.com/c-102-big-brake-kits.aspx

(and that's just the fronts? ouch!)
The ones you have linked are not oem that's why they go for about 3-4 K just for fronts as the are six piston with 2 piece rotors meant either for track or just showing off. Oem are 4 piston front. And 2 piston rear which are much smaller and can be found used for 1k for front and rears. New maybe 2-3k. From dealership. Don't take this the wrong way but from this thread seems like you don't know much about cars and this all could of been avoided with some research or maybe a inspection from a mechanic done prior to buying this car.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bow, actually I'm a mechanic of sorts and retired tech but you are absolutely correct. Buyer beware. Also don't buy from craigslist, or from non-local towns where it can't be checked easily. I don't know squat about mods, customs and such but have done a few brake jobs in my day (even ones with shoes... )

I did research the brand/model/years and trouble spots and even looked at rotor wear. Had no idea fake covers even existed. The owner drove it to me to see (another red flag I see now) and if I wanted it he was leaving town on a bus.... Had a test ride, did a parking lot inspection, checked service receipts and took the rest on his word.

I only referenced the brake ad since someone said they hadn't seen red ones for a G35 and for prices in general on these jewels. Would like to see a pic of stock OEM Brembos from an 03-04 however just for gaining general knowledge on the subject.

Here's more pics for you Saywat and thanks everyone for the help!

Attached Thumbnails spare rubs on stock sport pkg on 2005 G35 coup - help!-img_3283se.jpg   spare rubs on stock sport pkg on 2005 G35 coup - help!-img_3274se.jpg  
Old 09-11-2014, 06:14 PM
those fakes are fkn amazing dude for reals.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Thieves are Steppin their game up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: spare rubs on stock sport pkg on 2005 G35 coup - help!