Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

What Wheel Finish Do I Have?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 04:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What Wheel Finish Do I Have?

Alright so I made the mistake of washing my wheels and not fully dry them causing them to develop water stains or whatever. I've been researching for the last couple of days and I learned how to clean the different types of finishes but I'm having problems finding out what kind of finish my lips are. I know how to tell difference between polished and clear coat polished but apparently Work wheels usually come with anodized lips. So basically I'm trying to find out if my wheels have a clear coat polished lip or an anodized clear lip. Hoping its clear coated as I read anodized lips are near impossible to fix. If it helps anything,my wheels are Work xsa o2c.

Old 06-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Take some metal polish and rub it on the lips. If the rag turns a drak grey / black colour, then they're raw polished. If nothing happens, then they have some sort of coating on them. Don't rub too long or you'll go through the clear. My old VS-XX's were the same way, and I started (but never finished) sanding off the clear and polishing them all.

Old 06-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Conissah
Take some metal polish and rub it on the lips. If the rag turns a drak grey / black colour, then they're raw polished. If nothing happens, then they have some sort of coating on them. Don't rub too long or you'll go through the clear. My old VS-XX's were the same way, and I started (but never finished) sanding off the clear and polishing them all.
Yea that what I read to do and I know mine has some type of coating but I'm trying to find out if it's anodized or not. I've read Volk,Work and other wheels anodize their lip to make it shine more while also being more protective against corrosion and chipping.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love the wheels and brake setup!