Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Tires worn quick, need help with new set

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can try and check around for next time, but I have always done my oil change and other basic work at the dealer since they are cheaper than the mom & pop shops around that I would attempt to trust. I am not one to try a generic Jiffy Lube type place, I consider them more for a generic Accord or Fusion. Plus I happened to stumble into a coupon so I got the 4 wheel alignment for $65. I really don't know any independent shops that do alignments, but I do know of one decent independent mechanic that I guess could recommend me someone that is hopefully reputable for alignments. This mechanic did my wheel bearing replacements 2 years ago.

I can post a pic of the results later so someone with more knowledge can let me know if the specs are close enough or actually a problem with wear. I know my last set wore evenly, just wore out soon is all. Also, while I assume the heat and WD40 would help a great deal, I'd hate for them to push it further and actually break something that ends up costing me a chunk of money I wasn't anticipating.

Thanks guys!

Old 10-02-2017, 12:24 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
You made a mistake going to the dealership for alignment! A quality independent brake/alignment shop would have heated those bolts/shot them with WD40 to get you a correct alignment. I suggest you find that shop in your area, every town has at least one! If not you'll be going thru those new tires far sooner than expected.
Gary
Ask your local auto parts store if there's a "Brake/Alignment shop" they'd recommend in your neighborhood. This isn't a Mom & Pop operation, if they didn't do quality work they wouldn't be in business!
Gary

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.