Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Junction Produce Scara's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
agreed, your car is perfect. you don't need anything else. the fact that they're JP's, are sick enough. good deals. like beangrower, thanks for the wallpaper.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Modded Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow- that is the first time I liked black wheels on a black G. Absolutely stunning!

What kind of front lip?
What are the specs on the tires?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I am just in shock.

Last edited by vodkarocket; 03-08-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Seriously. Like I said on my350z.com. Sick Ride, It's so clean and simple, and one of my favorites now. So jealous.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
Wow- that is the first time I liked black wheels on a black G. Absolutely stunning!

What kind of front lip?

i know he gots the Data System's front Labia. i don't know his exact tire sizes, but i know they're stretched to accomodate the fender clearance.

all star gene:

again, your car is f.uckin' sick.

Old 03-08-2005, 01:37 PM

What kind of front lip?

Ask away, to answer some eralier questions the lip and grille are Illusion/Data System, and the tires are Toyo T1-S, 235/35/19 in the front and 275/35/19 in the rear. The rears might be swapped out for a 30 series but we'll see... thanks again for the compliments.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Damn that looks SICK!!!!! I dont really like black wheels but this is an exception, The only thing is you have some BAD camber problem, those tires are gonna be gone in no time

Old 03-08-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by aLL STaR gene
EP Goldie, suck on these.

With getting anyone rilded up...would the Speed Star Professor SP1's in Black with polished lip acheive the same or similar look as this??? (from Tirerack)

I know that JP wheels are in a different class, and are way better etc etc etc...but not all of us are made of money...

Just curious as to looks of the two wheels...I LOVE THAT LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any pics of the Speed stars in black on a G?????

Old 03-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Modded Member
All Star Gene, or anyone else who has experience with crazy offsets/camber-

I plan to drop the car on Tein Flex coilovers, and
want it very low- would having wide wheels with a crazy offset (such as your Scara's) fit?

Approximately how long are the
tires going to last compared to a perfect camber setup? Will they wear out much faster?

Also, does having this kind of camber lead to
increased understeer and significantly worse handling?

Your thoughts on this would be really appreciated. I
want to make sure I purchase the right setup. If such
out of spec camber will severely ruin the ride and
handling, I would research wheels with normal offsets/camber.

Old 03-08-2005, 07:07 PM
All Star Gene, or anyone else who has experience with crazy offsets/camber-

I plan to drop the car on Tein Flex coilovers, and
want it very low- would having wide wheels with a crazy offset (such as your Scara's) fit?

Approximately how long are the
tires going to last compared to a perfect camber setup? Will they wear out much faster?

Also, does having this kind of camber lead to
increased understeer and significantly worse handling?

Your thoughts on this would be really appreciated. I
want to make sure I purchase the right setup. If such
out of spec camber will severely ruin the ride and
handling, I would research wheels with normal offsets/camber.
It all depends on how wide and what offset you plan on rolling on really, I went 19x11s because I just wanted ro push the envelope and try it. You might have to work the body a little to make it work but as long as you don't go too overboard it will work.

For the camber issue, I really haven't noticed any changes in how the car drove from stock. I've driven all my other cars with pretty negative camber and the tires have still lasted for well over 15K miles or so.

All I have to say is do what makes you happy and what you think will make your car look good. A lot of other people have posted these pics on other boards and a lot of people tend to down talk the tire stretch or the camber but honestly their opinions don't matter to me... there are people on here running very conservative setups and that's their decision, I chose to go with something a little more aggresive for my car.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions just shoot them over and I'll try to answer them as best as I can.

Gene

Old 03-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by aLL STaR gene
It all depends on how wide and what offset you plan on rolling on really, I went 19x11s because I just wanted ro push the envelope and try it. You might have to work the body a little to make it work but as long as you don't go too overboard it will work.

For the camber issue, I really haven't noticed any changes in how the car drove from stock. I've driven all my other cars with pretty negative camber and the tires have still lasted for well over 15K miles or so.

All I have to say is do what makes you happy and what you think will make your car look good. A lot of other people have posted these pics on other boards and a lot of people tend to down talk the tire stretch or the camber but honestly their opinions don't matter to me... there are people on here running very conservative setups and that's their decision, I chose to go with something a little more aggresive for my car.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions just shoot them over and I'll try to answer them as best as I can.

Gene

Thanks for the help bro! I have been in touch with John at VIPTuning all day getting questions answered. It looks like I will be going with some one-off three-piece wheels from JLine. 20x9.5F 20x11R with similar offsets to your wheels.

And to think that before I saw your pics I was gonna get some lame *** iForged!

Old 03-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Awesome...simply sick.

Old 03-09-2005, 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
With getting anyone rilded up...would the Speed Star Professor SP1's in Black with polished lip acheive the same or similar look as this??? (from Tirerack)

I know that JP wheels are in a different class, and are way better etc etc etc...but not all of us are made of money...

Just curious as to looks of the two wheels...I LOVE THAT LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any pics of the Speed stars in black on a G?????
yeah, i think ssr professors would come close to this look. If you have a little more money (or maybe a sh*load more), I'd look into WORK s1 3pc wheels for custom sizing and sick looking JDM wheels.

Old 03-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Thanks Beangrower....i am familiar with WORK and how siiick they are...but chances are - they will cost a few thou more than the Speed stars....also, IF i were to look into WORKs, where is a good place to buy them from? They seem kind of hard to get - and many website always have pictures of them, but no other info...it usually says Please Call or something....

Old 03-09-2005, 10:21 AM
Contact the guys at either john@viptuning or danny@viptuning, they can get WORK stuff as well.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the help bro! I have been in touch with John at VIPTuning all day getting questions answered. It looks like I will be going with some one-off three-piece wheels from JLine. 20x9.5F 20x11R with similar offsets to your wheels.

And to think that before I saw your pics I was gonna get some lame *** iForged!
IMO, 20's are just a tad big for the G, you should really reconsider 19's, but what ever rocks your boat. Do a little more research and look at other rides that has 20 on. Goodluck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Junction Produce Scara's