Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

www.wheelguyz.com//Western Union

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down www.wheelguyz.com//Western Union

Bad service exp.
I call them up to order wheels, first they took down my master card number then told me it done. Wheel cost $589 end up to be $880 with shipping/handling/Tax about $300USD of it.
Second day, they e-mail me and told me that they dont accept master/credit card out side of U.S (I'm from Canada).
I called them up right the way and ask for solution. They gave me info for money order through Western Union (it was the fastest way). After hang up, i went to western union right the way and file up the blue form. First they told me they do not accept Canadian Dollars, so the first thing i do is call the sales at wheelguyz and ask them for solution. After waiting on phone for several min. They told me to go to a bank and exchange CND to USD.
I went to the bank, wait in line for half an hour (because its saturday). Got $880USD then go to a closer Western Union agency. After looking at the form, they told me i have to pay in Canadian dollar and they do not accept US dollar. I was like...WTF is going on? I want to transfer money to florida, but they dont accept US dollar...I called back to the sales at wheelguyz, and he told me he will call back within one hour.
First i thought he was going to find a solution to this CHAOS. Then i waited for 3 hours and no one ever call me back Then i was very **** off because i realize they actually dont give a poo poo about this order.
I call him back, and ask him the solution...
I said: "I have $880 dollar US in my wallet, they dont accept US dollar whats the solution?"
He siad: "You can wire money through bank, or you can go back to western union and pay them in Canadian Dollar"
I said: "Bank is closed, if i want to back to western union and pay them in Canadian, what are my gonna do with the US dollar in my wallet"
I said: "Forget it"

Sorry for a long story. Just want to share with you guys about this exp. so no one on this forum will be upset as i do right now. I've bought several parts from US and never had problem paying them, it was always fast and easy. This is the worst exp. on sepnding my money so far~
1. Choose a compney that will takecare of your order.
2. Never transfer money through western union,
3. dont buy wheels from wheelguyz.com becuase they wont takecare of your order.

Old 03-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Sorry to hear that, I remember when i bought my ADR rims, they delivered as promised.

Old 03-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It Is Simple!!!!

Wheelguyz.com did nothing wrong, neither Western Union nor the Bank.
First, if you want to send money from Canada to anywhere in the World, you have to pay in local currency (CDN Dollars) and the recipient will receive the equivalent in THEIR local currency.
For example, you want to send $100 US, you pay Western Union $125 CDN, plus their transfer fees.....and IT'S DONE!!!!
Never, Never rely on what a sales guy at a wheel company says. Especially a large company. Remember these guys are on commission and want to move on to the next customer.

If they have the wheels you want and they are reputable....go ahead and send them the money. When you go to Western Union just tell them how much you want the recipient to receive in US Dollars, and they will give you the Canadian amount including all their fees.

Good luck next time.

Old 03-05-2005, 07:28 PM
What about paypal? you can transfer cdn or US $....maybe call him and ask about that?

Old 03-05-2005, 10:14 PM
yeah, next time ill try to use paypal to settle trades. I used to use credit card to pay stuff thats why its a bit confusing for me. I guess Chico is right, no one was wrong about this one, its just wrong order at the wrong time with wrong person lol!!!
I give up on those wheelz, guess ill go on ebay and see whats there~
Maybe im gonna go to the boarder and spend the cash~
Cheers~

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.