Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

More Dumbass Tire/Wheel ????'s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 06:46 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
G35 Coupe
More Dumbass Tire/Wheel ????'s

ok before you flame away... I have searched and read countless threads and posts and have even searched several other internet sites but for the life of me
I'm just not grasping this whole fitment and offset thingy....

05 G35 Coupe on 245/45/18 all around with stock suspension...
planing to change to coilovers and drop it about 3/4"-1" at the most
***have been trying to figure out if: Front: 19x9 245/35, Rear 19x10.5 275/35 (maybe even 285/35) will fit without having to roll or otherwise modify my fenders?
>I think they will fit but I'm just not sure, any help is greatly appreciated - feel free to flame away - I can take it...

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree …

… it will live its WHOLE LIFE believing that it is stupid. – Albert Einstein

current tire/wheel look

Old 11-30-2018, 07:00 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
What are the offsets of the wheels you're considering? Offset is simple in theory, the greater the number the farther in the wheel well the wheel will sit. For example a +40 wheel will sit 30mm deeper into the well than a +10. This needs to be considered along with wheel width and tire size to make sure you have enough room to install said wheel so it won't rub on the fender. Also a drop of any kind will make the wheel/tire camber in more unless you have added adjustable camber/toe pieces. The greater the drop the farther in the top of the wheel/tire will sit in the well. You also need to ponder if you're going to roll, flatten or cut your fender lips to accommodate a new set-up to make more room for the new set up.

A lot of folks on here will say that a drop of an inch or less won't require aftermarket camber/toe adjustors but I needed them when I went through my process of modifying my suspension. I went through 4 different spring/shock combinations before I finally said F it and bought coilovers. Should have done that from the start, dropping a car can be a fickle b!tch.

The following users liked this post:
cyncrvr (11-30-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 07:02 AM
G35 Coupe
Vertini Drift Gold: Front 19x9 offset: 20mm, Rear 19x10.5 offset: 25mm
here's a pic of the wheels on a Z....

Old 11-30-2018, 07:06 AM
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
What are the offsets of the wheels you're considering? Offset is simple in theory, the greater the number the farther in the wheel well the wheel will sit. For example a +40 wheel will sit 30mm deeper into the well than a +10. This needs to be considered along with wheel width and tire size to make sure you have enough room to install said wheel so it won't rub on the fender. Also a drop of any kind will make the wheel/tire camber in more unless you have added adjustable camber/toe pieces. The greater the drop the farther in the top of the wheel/tire will sit in the well. You also need to ponder if you're going to roll, flatten or cut your fender lips to accommodate a new set-up to make more room for the new set up.

A lot of folks on here will say that a drop of an inch or less won't require aftermarket camber/toe adjustors but I needed them when I went through my process of modifying my suspension. I went through 4 different spring/shock combinations before I finally said F it and bought coilovers. Should have done that from the start, dropping a car can be a fickle b!tch.
thankyou....
hoping to not have to modify the fenders...
was already planning on adding adjustable front upper control arms and adjustable rear camber/toe arms