Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

My Sway Bar Nightmare and Hotckis Collar info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't remember the reps name but his office is the first on on the left when you walk in.

Kevin the guy who runs the customer side of the shop has been there a while and they are pretty neutral about mods overall. He sits another door down on the left. I mentioned one of the other guys last year was a ***** in better words and next time I was there he was gone. He has some issues with more than me I would imagine. The garage manager is OK as well. THe problems I had was with the guy last year could have given the dealer a bad rep. I had a pulley go bad (stock one) and start squaling like a pig at the dealer after having something else done. It was perfect that he was standing there when it occured the first time! He says to me, "Your CAI is doing that!!!" I was mad.."get me the shop guy and go inside". Garage guy comes out and 20 feet away says, "Pulley's glazing up on ya!". Every time I had a problem the fired rep would try and blame it on a mod or charge me 90 bucks to do something like lube the bushings and raz me for doing anything aftermarket. THe beauty of a lux dealership, and this is, IMO, the case with Ardmore; overall they want to make you happy and if the right person is told that you are very unsatisfied from a service standpoint...something is done about it and they try to make ammends or fix the issue directly. I've seen quite a few go through there but they got it right at the moment.

Old 04-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I have the Eibach sways on my car and love them. Yes I have less settings, but its great nontheless. I just want to confirm. The further away the settings are from the actual bar, the harder the setting right? I have the front bolted to the first hole closest to the rest of the bar and I have the rear set to the middle hole. What is the best setting for you all?

Old 04-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
The further away the holes are from the bar itself the longer the lever arms are, meaning the softest setting. The hole closest to the sway bar, is the stiffest setting.

Old 04-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree, those collars need to be welded like the Stillens.

Holes closest to the bend is the stiffest setting.
Holes closest to the tip of the bar's end are the softest setting.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:31 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Thanks for the feedback on Ardmore SixFive. I'll give them a try and see how they do...

Old 04-15-2005, 05:16 PM
honestly, not to sound like a *****, but they are frickin' swaybars for crying out loud - you could have very easily swapped them out in your driveway in 45 min like I did... of course, I had to go back and install the collars some 2-3 weeks later after a 350Z member came up with that fix (I think I was one of the first G's to use them) - I have over 8k miles with the setup and they have been flawless to say the least...

Next to the 350EVO bars, these are the best out there for the $$$ imo...