Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Work Wheels of Japan Company Bankrupt?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Work Wheels of Japan Company Bankrupt?!?!?!?

Hey everyone,

As the above title states I've just recently heard that Work Wheels company went bankrupt in Japan. I heard it from one of the few local performance shops here in Houston. Has anyone else heard of this? I don't believe this to be true but if that's the case shouldn't that make the rims cheaper now? hahaha (wishful thinking) Just want to know if anybody knows....

Old 04-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Infinite1
Hey everyone,

As the above title states I've just recently heard that Work Wheels company went bankrupt in Japan. I heard it from one of the few local performance shops here in Houston. Has anyone else heard of this? I don't believe this to be true but if that's the case shouldn't that make the rims cheaper now? hahaha (wishful thinking) Just want to know if anybody knows....
I don't know... I don't think it's true. I browesed work's corporate website, and found nothing about bankruptcy. If anything, looking at their profile they posted, (which is also in english if anyone cares), it shows that they have been increasing the amount of capital that they have in the bank. I would think if they went belly up, that trend would've been going the other way....

Old 04-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Well, I just got my order of VS-XX from Work Wheels w/ custom offsets. Maybe you're refering to Speed Star Wheels - there was talk of them going belly up. If you go to the tirerack site, the Speed Star Wheels have been showing "unavailable" for a while now.

Old 04-17-2005, 01:44 PM
well the WORKS distrubutor here doesnt even know that they are bankrupt.... i doubt ppl down at houston would know any quicker.

SSR went bankrupt a few months ago

Old 04-18-2005, 09:29 AM
Yeah you guys are probably right...It sounded kinda far-fetched to me. Either that or they meant to say Speed Star Wheels...Go fig...Thanks for answering my question...By the way, is there anyone out there that has the VS-KF by work on their G? I saw a pic of it on a modded G with the Kenstyle rear bumber I was wondering if it would look good on a G w/o a kit....Anyways, just curious again....

Old 04-18-2005, 04:17 PM
NO! first SSR then WORK? 2 of my favorite wheel companies.