Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Eiback Pro-Lit for 2005 G35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Eibach Pro-Kit for 2005 G35x

I just got off the phone with a tech rep at Eibach... I called b\c I was tired of trying to figure out second hand what will and won't work with the G35x as far as springs go... Having used Eibach's, coilovers and everything in between in the past, I though it suspect that Eibach would "recommend" a "universal" spring for the x with a different suspension setup in the front...

What prompted this call is that I am looking to lower my x when I upgrade wheels (18") in the very near future... I didn't want to go coilovers as I am not looking for a performance upgrade -- and I don't even think they make them for the x as of now... Anyway, my goal is to reduce fender gap without reducing ride quality -- or keeping reduced ride quality to a minimum...

I have seen others post that have used the RWD Pro-Kit on the x but had to cut the bump stops in front around 1.2" to accomplish proper ride quality... Having been there done that, this was not an option for me thus the call to Eibach...

First - using the RWD Pro-Kit is not recommended on the x...
Second - cutting the bump stops is definitely not recommended...
Third -- x-specific springs are on the "development list" but Eibach is not sure when they will be done... The tech rep encouraged me to check back in a few weeks...

I am not posting this message to flame anyone or disagree with anyone else's lowering strategy... I know a lot of us x owners are a little frustrated with this topic so I figured I would share what I just learned...

I guess the new rubber for the sled is going to have wait awhile longer...

Last edited by harleydood; 04-18-2005 at 05:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-18-2005, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the info.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Anyone else care to share some feedback on Lowering their G35X with springs ?
I just got coupe wheels w/ 245/45/18's all around on my X and want to lower as well with just springs. But I too am concerned with the ^^ issues.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:11 PM
As you can tell, I was having issues typing during my original post...

As I mention in that post, a number of x owners have used the springs for the RWD sedan... Do a search and you will find a number of results...

I just wasn't comfortable cutting bump stops, etc. which is what prompted the call to Eibach in the 1st place. I figure I will give them a call in a couple of weeks to get an update... That being said -- I have not called Tein to pose the same question... Based on my research, they do not offer an x-specific spring to the best of my knowledge...

Hope that helps.

Old 04-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I will never understand why G35X owners want to lower their cars. Doesn't it beat the purpose?

If I bought an AWD car, is for its practicality and performance in certain weather conditions.

Otherwise, what is the point of buying a car like that in warm weather states for example?

I would imagine that most AWD owners live in cold weather and would like to have a nice looking sedan with good performance and the ability to drive in snow with much more ease than a RWD.

As for me I own a RWD G35, and saw the G35X as well when I bought my car. But I didn't like the fact the AWD sits .50" higher than the RWD and you could see right away that based on the mechanical info (transmission, suspension,etc) it would be a pain in the A$$ to change anything in it.

Old 04-22-2005, 04:59 PM
I will never understand why G35X owners want to lower their cars. Doesn't it beat the purpose?
Some of the fastest and best handling cars in the world are AWD !!
The purpose is to have an amazing ALL WEATHER handling car.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
**** me! I bought the Eibachs sedan springs for my 05 G35X . I have them installed. **** bounces like a caddy.Xs give me a headache!