Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Anyone Regret Getting 20s?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea, i feel bad for all those people that crash into things starin at my car, i get at least 5 compliments a day from people when im out, i love it.

Old 04-29-2005, 08:42 AM
Ohio G Club Member
You guys have convinced me! 20s for sure!

Old 04-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by BrianlG35C
You guys have convinced me! 20s for sure!

Yea I'm convinced also. Can you guys post some pics???

Old 04-29-2005, 07:20 PM
I know weight is a controversial topic with rim size.

I recently did a quick tire/rim size comparison and found that no matter what size; 18x10 , 19 x10 or 20x10, the weight comes within 1 or 2lbs with the tire on.

Old 04-29-2005, 10:26 PM
G'z 6MT
I can only drool and NV duces for now. If I had my choice 19 or 20 have to say 20'z

Old 04-30-2005, 06:14 AM
20s for me too. Im ordering this weekend.

Old 04-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by gaklid
No regrets with 20's, but I'd bet there are a few guys riding around on 19's with HUGE fender gap wishing they had gone with 20's.....
That's not really true...
Doesn't matter if you are running 16" or 20" the diameter with tire should be as close as possible to OEM spec. Thats the whole concept behind +1, +2, +3 wheel sizing.
The only real inpact on fender gap is suspension height.

Old 04-30-2005, 01:10 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by DanielEshaghian
Yea I'm convinced also. Can you guys post some pics???
Here's mine on 20s

Attached Thumbnails Anyone Regret Getting 20s?-iforged03.jpg  
Old 04-30-2005, 06:21 PM
20's is D shiznit

In the infamous words of the rapper ludacris "If u aint rollin on 20's, u aint rollin"

Old 05-02-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm sorry, but I really am not a fan of 20's on the G - not only for the looks (I think they make the G look sorta disproportionate), but mainly for the performance and ride quality trade off...

OvaYaHead - I promise you - you can get any combination of wheel/tire in 9.5 front and 10.5 rear in 20's and they won't ever be CLOSE to what my wheels and tires weigh... I have seen/felt IForged 20's in person and they have to weigh at least 5-6lbs more per corner than my wheels (which weight 21 and 22lbs each)... and I haven't even gotten on the effect on rotational inertia (nor will I)

I guess my point is that people buy the G (and custom wheels) for different reasons... I think the G is already a little chunky when it comes to performance driving (which is my reason behind purchasing the G, best overall performace/looks for the $$$ - just like my wheels ) and the last thing I'm going to do is decrease RWHP and overall performance by "pimpin' my ride" with 20's...

...oh, so if you didn't get what I was getting at - I am not a proponent of 20's - forged 19's are the best combination of looks/performance you can buy...

Old 05-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Doesn't matter if you are running 16" or 20" the diameter with tire should be as close as possible to OEM spec. Thats the whole concept behind +1, +2, +3 wheel sizing.
The width of the tire would also impact the illusion of smaller fender gap.

As close as you try to make your rim and tire package, a bigger rim usually adds more height because of the stiffer side wall. A smaller rim offers more tire sidewall giving more sag. There shouldn't be much difference in gap between 19 and 20, given the width of the tire is the same.

Old 05-03-2005, 12:49 AM
I don't want to sound like an ***, but believe me, I'm no newbie when it comes to this topic. It's very simple. Most guys when putting wheels on their G coupe (or 350z for that matter) end up with something like a 245 in the front and a 275 in the back. In order to keep the sidewall low, for that "high performance" look, they go with a 35 or 30 series tire. With a 19, on stock suspension, that creates a wheel that's shorter than stock, and that creates that big fender gap.
That's when lowering springs come in. Some people (like me) don't wanna lower the car, and 20's fill that need. You can get the low profile tire, but still be "tall" enough to fill the wheel well.

Old 05-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bzabodyn
I'm sorry, but I really am not a fan of 20's on the G - not only for the looks (I think they make the G look sorta disproportionate), but mainly for the performance and ride quality trade off...

OvaYaHead - I promise you - you can get any combination of wheel/tire in 9.5 front and 10.5 rear in 20's and they won't ever be CLOSE to what my wheels and tires weigh... I have seen/felt IForged 20's in person and they have to weigh at least 5-6lbs more per corner than my wheels (which weight 21 and 22lbs each)... and I haven't even gotten on the effect on rotational inertia (nor will I)

I guess my point is that people buy the G (and custom wheels) for different reasons... I think the G is already a little chunky when it comes to performance driving (which is my reason behind purchasing the G, best overall performace/looks for the $$$ - just like my wheels ) and the last thing I'm going to do is decrease RWHP and overall performance by "pimpin' my ride" with 20's...

...oh, so if you didn't get what I was getting at - I am not a proponent of 20's - forged 19's are the best combination of looks/performance you can buy...
You're right in saying that people buy 20's for different reasons. I bought mine for looks and improvement over the stock 17's.

My car stands out and sure looks nice and original. As for the ride quality...the whole thing is a big MYTH probably started on a forum. My car is on 20's and lowered with the EIBACH PRO KIT and the ride is quality is very comfortable and handles much better than stock.

If anything...the only thing I noticed going from 17's to 20's was the steering response, but that is simply a matter of physics.

As for performance...unless you are on the track or making a living streetracing and need every 1/10 of a second out of the car...then yes 20's are not for you.

However, my car is fast enough as it is and if it slowed me down...I have not noticed. I have actually inquired about how much 20's vs. 19's vs. stock slows you down...and NO ONE thus far has been able to give me an intelligent answer. If you can...please explain it to me.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chico
You're right in saying that people buy 20's for different reasons. I bought mine for looks and improvement over the stock 17's.

My car stands out and sure looks nice and original. As for the ride quality...the whole thing is a big MYTH probably started on a forum. My car is on 20's and lowered with the EIBACH PRO KIT and the ride is quality is very comfortable and handles much better than stock.

If anything...the only thing I noticed going from 17's to 20's was the steering response, but that is simply a matter of physics.

As for performance...unless you are on the track or making a living streetracing and need every 1/10 of a second out of the car...then yes 20's are not for you.

However, my car is fast enough as it is and if it slowed me down...I have not noticed. I have actually inquired about how much 20's vs. 19's vs. stock slows you down...and NO ONE thus far has been able to give me an intelligent answer. If you can...please explain it to me.
WORD

Old 05-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gaklid
No regrets with 20's, but I'd bet there are a few guys riding around on 19's with HUGE fender gap wishing they had gone with 20's.....
If you size the tires correctly, the fender gap will be identical, whether 19 or 20.
If there is a difference, then you've screwed up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone Regret Getting 20s?