Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Would These Fit The G35 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 05:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by regrossman
What abvout the FR500 wheel?

http://store1.yimg.com/I/mustangtuning_1860_5555591

18x9/18x10 Wheel, 22+ offset rear and 24+ front.
oh boy!!!

You're looking in the wrong places for wheels. You have to realize that if you want your car to look BETTER you have to spend some cash. You will be able to find a nice staggered set of wheels with tires for about $2K. If you're patient and lucky you might find a used set from another member selling them.

If you get wheels like those, people are going to look but for the wrong reasons.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think those wheels look great on Saleens and Mustangs (even though they are not forged and weigh a ton). When I have seen them on other cars (or trucks), it just looks strange and out of place but not “bad”. I once saw a Fox body Mustang rolling on bad @$$ Ferrari wheels. They fit well but the car looked so weird.

For what it’s worth, that company you are looking at make a quality copy and does a good job on the chrome.

Last edited by headpaneer; 01-16-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:17 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
Your stock wheels are of better quality than anything you have posted. If you want to spend $800 on wheels, don't buy them for this car! Save your money for something else. Don't Downgrade your G.

You drive a $35,000+ Car and want to put $800 wheels on it. YIKES!

Old 09-01-2005, 12:21 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
dont do it! save a little more and get somthing better.

Old 09-01-2005, 11:32 PM
are you serious? gimme a break. If you think those mustang knockoffs are going to make your car look better, you need to go to the optometrist. Not only are they cheap, i.e. poor construction, they look like complete ***. this would be like putting those pepboys style rims on a ferrari. you want to move up the food chain, not down it. If you have the money to afford a $35k, make it look better. Id rather see a g riding stock then see a g with this garbage on it. Any good set of rims is goign to cost you. Save your money.

Old 09-03-2005, 05:44 PM
I actually like the stock wheels alot, plus they are not heavy which is a plus. I think I'm just going to put on some Tein S Tech springs and maybe put some spacers on the rear. I would like the wider look in the rear. Can we fit a 265 or 275 on the stock rear 19" wheel?

Old 09-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Well, considering I just came from a 2003 Cobra, I still love the Cobra and Saleen wheels. I love the G and thought this might be a way to bring back some of my Mustang roots

I really was just making sure they would fit. I don't think I would end up doing it for weight reasons alone. I didnt realize the replica wheels were so heavy.

Old 09-14-2005, 11:27 AM
I guess everyone has a different view on what looks good. I personally cant stand anything but a 5-spoke wheel which the stock G kinda has going on, just not wide enough in rear.

I don't know how the Saleen wheel looks bad though.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
I guess everyone has a different view on what looks good. I personally cant stand anything but a 5-spoke wheel which the stock G kinda has going on, just not wide enough in rear.
The Volks and many other wheels come in 10.5 for the rear.

I don't know how the Saleen wheel looks bad though.
I will refrain. Enough has been said already.

Old 09-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by regrossman
I really was just making sure they would fit. I don't think I would end up doing it for weight reasons alone. I didnt realize the replica wheels were so heavy.

Saleen cheaped-out when they made the ’99-’04 wheels, as they are just plain ol’ cast pieces and are not considered “light weight”. I would expect the replicas to weigh about the same.

On the ’95-’98 cars, Saleen offered a nice and light magnesium five spoke wheel as an option to the similarly designed cast aluminum version.

Old 09-21-2005, 01:49 PM
I found out the replicas Saleen wheels 18x9 and 18x10 chrome weight 25 and 26 pounds. Thats not bad at all for the cast and chromed wheel. Is there an issue with the hub with using these wheels? I know the hub is smaller on the G then the Mustang by like 2MM...

Old 09-21-2005, 11:58 PM
Amp
Some of you guys must own stock in Volk and DPE. There are other brands of wheels you know. I know they are expensive and made well or whatever but I looks at some of the pics on this site and think to myself, "Those are some ugly wheels. Why did they pay all that money for those?" If he is just going for looks and doesn't care about the extra weight or that they aren't forged and may not be as strong he should get what LOOKS GOOD TO HIM. After all it is HIS car. While I wouldn't put either of those wheels on my G, I don't think either of the 2 wheels he posted look that bad. The 2nd one looks similar to the SF Winnings that were posted earlier in the thread. It may even look a little better but it's not a Volk rim so it's ugly right?

Last edited by Amp; 09-22-2005 at 12:02 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:26 AM
I'm not a fan of volks. I do like DPE, Iforged, PIAA, and my absolute favorite, produce junction wheels, but they are all extremely pricey. For $800, these wheels arent absolutely hideous. The only real problem is the fact that they belong on a mustang, which makes it wierd to put them on a G.

However, I've always said "to each his own." If you like it, then go for it! Post pics though. I have a feeling it will look better than people think...

Last edited by g35audioman; 09-23-2005 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:46 AM
Widdle ya into kindling
Originally Posted by g35audioman
I'm not a fan of volk. DPE, Iforged, PIAA, and my absolute favorite, produce junction wheels are all extremely pricey. For $800, these wheels arent absolutely hideous. The only real problem is the fact that they belong on a mustang, which makes it wierd to put them on a G.

However, I've always said "to each his own." If you like it, then go for it! Post pics though. I have a feeling it will look better than people think...
Why wouldn't someone like quality wheels?

Old 09-22-2005, 07:37 AM
I guess since I came from a 2003 Mustang Cobra, the wheels I bought for that only cost me 780 for the entire set and they were perfect for years. Chrome never had any problems.

Why spend so much more for a wheel besides the weight? Weight didnt matter much with the Cobra when you have over 550 RWTQ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Would These Fit The G35 Coupe?