Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

what OFFSET do i get! help please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what OFFSET do i get! help please...

i plan on ordering a set of 20 inch volk GT-c's

20x9.5 F (FACE 1)
20x10.5 R (FACE 2)

with 245/35/20 F and 275/30/20 R toyo t1-R tires...

i really need help with the offset, i wanna make sure before i go ahead and place my order... i have a 04 g35coupe with factory OEM 18's... non brembo. I heard i have to get the right offset or else it wont fit/clear over my brake pads... my car is dropped with tein s-techs... what offset do you guys recommend i do for this rim? Will i need to roll my fenders at all? will i need a camber kit or no? Please help anyone...

i know ducati guy has +22 offset all around, but he's running wider tires, 255/35/20 F and 285/30/20 R so maybe thats why he had to roll the rear fenders... but im hoping i wont need to with my setup, just need to know the correct offset to get for the front and rear. I do not want my tires to stick out too much like i see on some cars...

Here's the chart for the volk gt-c for offsets, not sure what exactly im looking for... i want a nice wide lip, but dont want the wheels to stick out too much...

Volk GT-C Face 1 Size Chart
Volk GT-C Face 2 Size Chart

Last edited by nyckid; 10-04-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:01 PM
ok the place suggested that i get +29 offset for the front and +24 for the rear, and he told me i will have about 4 to 4.25" lip on the back... and no rubbing issues and i won't have to roll my fenders... is this good or no? I know some of the guys here are running +21 front, +24 rear, and +22 all around. But my offset seems kind of not aggressive? please help...

Old 10-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ even though +29 ff / +24 is not offered by Rays @ 20's?? i think +32 for the ff, and +22 in the rr. also, you will definitely not have 4" to 4.25" lip on the back. 92mm (3.62") max.

Old 10-05-2005, 12:25 PM
sigh, thats what i was told by Joseph at revhighonline.com, i am very confused on this whole offset thing and don't know what to get...

i dont want the wheel to completely look flushed, i want it to be able to tuck under the fender a lil... i might get coilovers later, but right now im on tein s-techs and my rear wheels camber inward a lil giving that illusion of the tire being tucked a lil.. so whatever offset i get, i don't want it to stick out or have that flushed look...

not sure what to do... any suggestions?

Sen Jen, in your pics you posted with the 3 cars with volk shoes... all the tires seem to be tucking, do you guys have a camber kit? thats the kind of look i want... your rear tires are tucking nicely, now is that because you guys dont have camber kits, so thats why its not looking flushed? or did you guys get a certain offset to get that look?

Old 10-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nyckid
sigh, thats what i was told by Joseph at revhighonline.com, i am very confused on this whole offset thing and don't know what to get...

i dont want the wheel to completely look flushed, i want it to be able to tuck under the fender a lil... i might get coilovers later, but right now im on tein s-techs and my rear wheels camber inward a lil giving that illusion of the tire being tucked a lil.. so whatever offset i get, i don't want it to stick out or have that flushed look...

not sure what to do... any suggestions?

Sen Jen, in your pics you posted with the 3 cars with volk shoes... all the tires seem to be tucking, do you guys have a camber kit? thats the kind of look i want... your rear tires are tucking nicely, now is that because you guys dont have camber kits, so thats why its not looking flushed? or did you guys get a certain offset to get that look?
none of us have camber kits. we'd rather buy tires often, lol! yeah, i love camber. not as much as the IP coupe in the pic though. only have of his rear tires are making contact!! if we added camber kits, we'd have to roll our fenders, and it will increase height. just don't get a camber kit for the rear. on s-tech's, you can run a 280 treadwear tire for about a year to 1.5 years driving spritedly (i did it a year ago!!!). if you only cruise and obey the speed limits, it'll last longer. of course if you choose a higher treadwear tire like ZRi's, or ST-115's, they'll last a lot longer.

i'd suggest you go with the +32 face 1 front, and +22 face 2 rear. however, i'd get 245/35/20 and 275/30/20. why? because you will have more clearance with the fenders and you'll get that look you want.