Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

RS*R springs installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 12:16 PM
Running for his life!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: RS*R springs installed

Good drop.

G35C 6MT / AMG E55

Old 08-28-2003, 01:48 PM

Hey!
Nice drop!!!
I was just curious...
I'm assuming the springs you ordered from Gruppe-S were actually the 350z springs, since I don't see the G35 listed for it. Or are they actually manufactured specifically for the G?

Thanks!

Old 08-28-2003, 01:56 PM

Even if they came in 2 seperate boxes, they're the same exact spring. They would probably only change the label. The suspension between the 350 and 6MT is interchangable..

Old 08-28-2003, 02:36 PM

Thanks for the reply narkotik

Yeah...i'm aware the suspension parts are interchangeable between the Z and the G coupe...but I was wondering if they were planning on taking into account the weight differences between the 2 cars. Ran into the same problem when I was lowering my TL-S...everybody said the accord v6 springs would be fine...but then the car would lower more than the accord and sag a bit...

Old 08-28-2003, 06:13 PM

the springs are interchangable but the spring rates are gonna be totally different..RSR released a set for the already Z and possibly the G just recently...their website states its status as TBA, probably not updated yet...so basically their actually taken the time to develop it specifically for the G otherwise they would of released them both together, which they didn't

John H.
2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT-Ivory Pearl-Premium Pkg-Performance Pkg.

Old 08-28-2003, 08:18 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Nismoboy (Journeyman)
08/28/03 03:13 PM

the springs are interchangable but the spring rates are gonna be totally different..RSR released a set for the already Z and possibly the G just recently...their website states its status as TBA, probably not updated yet...so basically their actually taken the time to develop it specifically for the G otherwise they would of released them both together, which they didn't
__________________________________________________ _

I would hope their not different. The Z and G both run the same spring rates as does the sedan with sport suspension. The RSR springs, unlike all the other lowering springs are NOT progressive and they use spring rates that are identical to the stock springs 345lbs front and 417lbs rear The stock springs for the G35 coupe, and the Z are 347lbs front 419lbs rear, see what I mean.

The pause from RSR in releasing G specific springs is hopefully just them, making sure for themselves that the springs are the same between the G and the Z. Given their spec's, RSR springs should ride and drive the same as a unlowered G or Z and since they are NOT progressive, user's will not be living with the progressive spring compromise on performance.

It should be noted that eibach went allot softer on their initial rates for the G coupe springs. And that Kg/mm did the same thing for their 15mm DR21 springs for the Z, not something that should be done to either car given their performance mission.

Ivry 6mt sed
Crawford Pleneum
Injen CAI
22" resonator
Cusco sway bars
350Z springs&struts
Enkei RPM2

Old 08-28-2003, 09:21 PM

These springs rates are extremely close to stock, and the ride is as perfect as the drop.

2003 CB G35 6MT
3M masking
black chrome emblems
15% tint
Sparco pedals
cutom painted engine cover
20" ADR sterling
PIAA l.e.d
K&N filter
carbon fiber dash
grounding kit
350Z intake

Old 08-28-2003, 09:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will these springs work well with the z struts on a sedan? im gonna put on the stock z suspension on my sedan, but i want it a bit lower...so maybe the rsr's would be nice.

Old 08-29-2003, 12:08 AM

Yea, it should work out fine

2003 CB G35 6MT
3M masking
black chrome emblems
15% tint
Sparco pedals
20" ADR sterling
PIAA l.e.d
K&N filter
carbon fiber dash
grounding kit
350Z intake

Old 08-29-2003, 01:04 AM

nuttyprof (Registered)
08/28/03 06:26 PM

will these springs work well with the z struts on a sedan? im gonna put on the stock z suspension on my sedan, but i want it a bit lower...so maybe the rsr's would be nice.
Absolutely. And as you know, any 350Z or G35 coupe specific lowering spring will lower the sedan that much more. So in this case it would be 7/8" front 1 1/8" rear + the 1/2" drop front and rear that the RSR springs do on the Z. I'd like my setup to be a little lower to, but I've run into situation's where I need more spring and strut power where I end up using way to much suspension travel. That and eventually wanting to get away fron the bounce is why one of these day's, I go to coilovers. But I'm getting good performance where I'm at to, no real hurry here.

Ivry 6mt sed
Crawford Pleneum
Injen CAI
22" resonator
Cusco sway bars
350Z springs&struts
Enkei RPM2

Old 08-29-2003, 01:07 AM

wow, i didn't know they were so close...i always thought the Z was so much stiffer...so whys the Z so much more of a stiffer ride then...is it the shocks?

John H.

Old 08-29-2003, 01:10 AM

forgot to add...does this mean that having the RSR springs on your car, your struts are gonna last as long as it would with the stock springs because of the almost exact spring rates??

John H.

Old 08-29-2003, 01:42 AM

No, actually what affects the life of the shock more is the lenght of the actual springs.The life of the shock wears faster when the spring is shorter, because theres less travel on the shocks. I know my stock shocks are going to wear a little faster than normal, but the RS*R's only have one coil less than the stock springs, so it shouldn't be too bad. Anyone have any ideas how long I have before it's time to replace my struts to aftermarket ones such as Koni?

2003 CB G35 6MT
3M masking
black chrome emblems
15% tint
Sparco pedals
20" ADR sterling
PIAA l.e.d
K&N filter
carbon fiber dash
grounding kit
350Z intake

Old 09-03-2003, 02:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey, gsedan35, so i think i read somewhere you were telling me that i can use the RSR springs in the front, and the stock 350z springs in the rear with my 350z struts right? is the ride going to be weird and handling characteristics going to be screwy? any percieved side effects? that sounds great because i think sedans look funny with the rear lower than the front, plus the annoying exhaust scratching with the really low rear. thanks

G35S 6MT
K&N FAI
Technosquare ECU
6-wire ground kit
Quantum tint
Custom sunshade

Old 09-03-2003, 03:11 AM

Nismoboy (Journeyman)
08/28/03 10:07 PM

wow, i didn't know they were so close...i always thought the Z was so much stiffer...so whys the Z so much more of a stiffer ride then...is it the shocks?
Yep, the Z's struts are valved allot more aggresively, allot more compression dampening. Stiffer than stock springs can cause premature wear in additions to poor overall performance due to lack of proper spring control. Also if a given progressive spring design uses overly soft initial spring rates and follow's with final rates that aren't much more than stock, plus you add in less suspension travel your more likely to have events that cause you to bottom out the struts out internaly, that is very damaging to the struts in of itself if it happens frequently. A shorter spring that is no stiffer than stock, as long as it operates within the struts travel design range, will wear no different. Kiss the bump stops regularly, that's different.

Ivry 6mt sed
Crawford Pleneum
Injen CAI
22" resonator
Cusco sway bars
350Z springs&struts
Enkei RPM2

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RS*R springs installed