The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Service Engine Soon, VDC Off, Slip lights are all on

Old 06-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy Service Engine Soon, VDC Off, Slip lights are all on

Hi guys (and girls),

I have had my 2004 G35 Coupe for a little more then a year and over the weekend it started acting up.

I was driving home from a quick run to get something to eat. Right before I turned into my parking lot the car just died out of no where. I went to started it back up and it wouldn't start. Tired again and it finally did but now the Service Engine Soon, the VDC Off, and Slip lights were on. Since then it's hard to get the car to start. The car runs great when it is on. No proformance issues. I know that i need to get my brakes replaced and I am up for an oil change which i've been using syntectic. Also I had got gas the night before and I've tired to make sure the gas cap was more then 3 clicks tighten. Also before this I have noticed a little issue with the car like it would jerk into gears (My car is an auto) at times either when it was downshifting or upshifting. I'm hoping that it isn't something majorly work with my car. Funds are low right now. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

Danny A.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
uh-oh, spagetti-oh.
if it's 04, your factory warranty is gone. I would recommend taking it to a local shop and run diagnostics. it might throw codes. Once they diagnose problem, come back here and let us know, it might be something that can be done yourself with DIY or TSB. Just stay away from stealership.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:22 AM
I took it to a mobile company that comes to my work site and I didn't get the code from him but he mention that it was the sway sensor. They reset the SES light but after a few miles it came back on. Lucky i bought a extented warrenty when i bought my car and it looks like it's covered. I will post up the actually code, what it was for, and how much the deal would charge.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When all those lights pop up on your dash it is nerve racking not knowing what it is... good luck with the fix and good move on the warranty. Just got my 05 Black on Black 6MT Sedan and bought the warranty as well...

Old 07-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autozone and Advance will run free diagnostics on your car.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Sadly AutoZone doesn't offer that anymore or at least in my area. I tried going there and they said they don't do it anymore because they were doing more damage then good.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
What was the official problem with the car? I have the same problem on my sedan, but mine is a manual.

I hope it's not too expensive as I've just spent my monthly 'car fund' on tires this past week.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
my slip,vdc, and brake lights were on and my car wouldnt start so i changed my oil cleaned my throttle body maf and filled up all my fluids now my car runs good. no lights on anymore

The following users liked this post:
BxRYE17 (09-22-2011)
Old 07-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Hi G35 Crew,

Okay I just got my car back from the dealer and this is the results.

My car status:
2004 G35 Coupe Automatic with 74,000 miles.

The Dealer pulled the error code which was P0340: Camshaft position sensor (PHASE) circuit Bank 1 (infinitihelp.com). These part had gone bad and was replace.

They pulled a code of C1130 from the ABS for the VDC Off, Slip & SES. to which the Dealers stated that the SES light being on can cause VDC to disable an cause light to come on.

Labor was an hour and cost $90.00

Sensor Assy Magnet 23731-6J90B cost $76.00

Diagnostic Cost: $150.00

Luckily I had extended warranty on my car so everything was covered. I only had to pay $100.

I hope this helps out anyone that have a simular issue I had. Thanks everyone fo your help.

Danny A.

The following 2 users liked this post by Tek12x:
Swaged Out (08-23-2011), Tay317 (06-13-2011)
Old 07-29-2009, 01:00 PM
I have almost the exact same problem... Searched on my350 where I usually hang out but this is the closest example to my issue.

The code initially got thrown after a gas fill and the car had a very retarded start. Had to turn for probably 4 seconds before cranking. All 3 of the afformentioned lights are on in my dash, however, the only code that is thrown is the P0340, which is the Cam Position Sensor. The confusing thing is that from what I've read, if the sensor is bad, you would experience jerking or a no start or stall condition. But my car runs find, although probably not very efficient due to the codes.

Any thoughts?

PS: VDC button does nothing, like it is disabled.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Also, I should say hello to everyone as this is my first post here.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Doing some searching and found this. I pulled the same three lights, and pulled the same code. I had problems with the engine being hard to start, and what felt like a loss of power while driving. I had 6 codes appear on the OBD-II scanner, but they were all the same. Replaced the sensor. The "stalling" problem went away, but the car is still hard to start. I keep clearing the codes, but they keep coming back, but only 4 instead of 6, so it had to have fixed something. Car runs fine other than the starting problem. Any ideas?

Old 12-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Mr.Uy..... did you ever figure out what the cause was.?

ive just replaced BOTH sensors and still has trouble starting.!? SO FAR it hasnt stalled ...but im still weary about it

Old 01-20-2010, 11:09 AM
i have similar issues, but the thing with me is that the car turns off just right after i make a Sharp Left U Turn at the parking lot, it happened many times some of the times the car will have a dip then it will survive again with the 3 lights on :1, i am gussing this is due to the Fuel Issues as it happend on my friend`s car (Not Nissan) when his fuel pump was having problems, another thing happened i was driving at the high way with a steady speed then suddly the car will brake for a split second then it will continue normal but with the lights on :1

BTW i don`t regularly service my car, thats why it got issues but am gonna update you guys with the fix (well i hope to lol) for my issue.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:25 PM
sorry... to ask this is embrassing and all but what does the vdc do?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Service Engine Soon, VDC Off, Slip lights are all on