The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Service Engine Soon, VDC Off, Slip lights are all on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Maybe electrical / BCM...?

Keep me posted Capital. I've been scouring through the service tech manuals and I think my BCM(body control module) might be in fail-safe mode, which is triggering all of these problems. My fuel-lid actuator (gas door) also doesn't function and I just found out that my w/s washer motor isn't functioning properly as well. I wish i was an electrician because now i believe that I've got a short somewhere...darn new-age vehicles... I'm figuring this out as I go.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:42 PM
I just had this problem with my car! getting it looked at this monday! im keepin my fingers crossed!

Old 05-24-2010, 01:40 AM
I hope it's not too expensive as I've just spent my monthly 'car fund' on tires this past week.

Easy Online Ticketing

Old 05-24-2010, 03:54 AM
ive read up on everyones problem but it doesnt seem like the one im having. the only thing that is simialr to my problem like everyone else is that my "slip" and "VDC" light are on but only wen i start driving. then if n wen im at a dead start i shut my car off n wait 10 secs then turn it back on the lights are off. i also noticed the light comes on wen my brake pads r low n wen i brake??? so i dunno. any insight would be nice

Old 05-25-2010, 02:30 PM
BOOOO I just got the no start condition, SES, VDC off, SLIP...... took it to the wholesaler I bought it from and he pulled both bank 1 and 2 sensors.... unfortunately im not covered under any warranty..... 03 6MT coupe.....they're goin to take it to nissan to try to get them to fix it... ill post a follow up cost breakdown.... right now im pissed tho... havent had the car more than a week

Old 05-25-2010, 04:04 PM
OK .... nissan diagnosed it as both cam sensors bad AND the crank sensor.... $420 for everything.... i have to wait till friday for the parts to come and install to be performed

Old 05-26-2010, 10:22 AM
yay they finished early!!! still pissed that I bought my car a week ago, but its already having problems...

Old 05-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah well i'm in the same boat as you guys!! my car doesn't stall or anything my problemes are..hard to start, slip light,SES and VDC light

alot of you guys changed the camshaft sensor, for some it worked but other didn't. how big is my probleme guys?

Old 06-15-2010, 05:46 PM
OMG, this happened to me too recently. I have an '04 G35 sedan. This happened about a week and a half ago, where my engine cut off while driving on a highway (dangerous, anyone??). Took it to Autozone and the code it spat out was P0340, regarding the camshaft position sensor. I did some research and apparently Infiniti had issued a recall on this exact issue for 2003 G35s. The recall ID# is 48751. Apparently there are up to 630,000 vehicles that are potentially impacted. So I took my car to the Infiniti dealership and told them about the recall and the issues I was having, but they refused to entertain the idea that my car maybe should be included in the recall.

So then I got in touch with Infiniti Consumer Affairs, and then same thing - no interest in helping. However, they did document the issue in case there might be a future recall.
The dealership I was working with quoted me almost $1,000 to repair. Needless to say, I took a pass and am currently driving our other vehicle in the meantime.

Sounds like a lot of 2004 owners are having this same issue. If enough of us complain, perhaps they might issue (or extend the existing) a recall?

I also filed a complaint with the NHTSA. It's easy and quick enough to do on their website (http://www.nhtsa.gov/). I would suggest others who are experiencing this issue to file complaints as well. Can't hurt and might result in some good.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I just had the same problem and the code was P0340. Here is my interpretation of the FSM, someone please correct me if I'm wrong:

P0340 = bad passenger side cam position sensor (right hand side)
P0345 = bad driver side cam position sensor (left hand side)

Passenger Side = Straight Connector
part number CSS1594

Driver Side = Angled Connector
part number CSS1595

I bought the replacement sensor from Kragen for $54.

To replace the passenger side sensor and the only tools I used were a 10mm socket to remove engine cover, 10mm combination wrench to remove the sensor bolt, and a pair of channel locks to release the connector from the sensor. It took me about 30 mins mainly due to the tight working space at the back of the engine and figuring out the connector.

I had a little trouble figuring out how the connector releases, so I snapped a pic so that maybe someone else wouldn't have the same issue. To release the connector, you have to push the release tab in towards the sensor. I put the jaws of my channel locks where the arrows are in the photo below and it came off real easy.

The FSM says to use fresh engine oil to lube the o-ring included on the new sensor.

Attached Thumbnails Service Engine Soon, VDC Off, Slip lights are all on-imag0031small.jpg  
The following 5 users liked this post by Evan78:
Boston03G35 (09-17-2012), dj714 (10-05-2012), shady909 (08-10-2013), Trickstyle (08-27-2011), Wraith82 (11-11-2023)
Old 06-26-2010, 09:25 PM
these cars have wacky electrical problems my VDC slip lights and emergency brake light is always randomly coming on. not to mention my window motor, door lock and seat switches never seem to work either....

Old 07-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Same dam problem with my 03 sedan. Hard Start, Stalls while driving (dangerous anyone) and all 3 lights are on (SES, VDC off, Slip). Its at the dealer right now.

Unbelievable that this issue is so common among us all 03-04 G35s, Wouldn't Infiniti think that there is a systemic issue with there car and offer a TSB and or recall.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by LUV_MY_G35
Same dam problem with my 03 sedan. Hard Start, Stalls while driving (dangerous anyone) and all 3 lights are on (SES, VDC off, Slip). Its at the dealer right now.

Unbelievable that this issue is so common among us all 03-04 G35s, Wouldn't Infiniti think that there is a systemic issue with there car and offer a TSB and or recall.
$320 +TAX FOR CAM POSITION SENSOR (BANK 1). Lets see if this fixes the problem.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LUV_MY_G35

Just limped mine into the shop with these exact same symptoms. I had the PO345 code, so from reading up on that it looks like its most likely the Sensor but it could be major engine problems. I will keep my fingers crossed and would be glad to join in on letting Infinity there is an issue with this happening with 04's..

Old 07-25-2010, 03:11 AM
for those who have vdc and slip turn on mainly its cuz of breaks and fluids. Either you need break change or you need to top up fluids. Mine came on and I went into dealer and he said brakes are done on all tires so I checked he was right so that caused it, after changing breaks and adding more fluids to brake line it was 100% again. problem solved

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Service Engine Soon, VDC Off, Slip lights are all on