The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Service Engine Soon, VDC Off, Slip lights are all on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 02:34 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by oemalex
same thing happened to me 2 months ago.Cam position sensor, some vins recalled not my 03 coupe. got both replaced paid just over 500.
over $500?! no thnx... i plan on doing this myself tomorrow

Old 08-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you guys, i also have the p0340 code, can someone please provide a part number?

Old 09-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did everyone fix this issue?
I have same problem and car won't start with CPS sensor hooked up. It will only start when i unhook the sensor.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Sacch
I'm in the same boat as you guys, i also have the p0340 code, can someone please provide a part number?
part numbers have been provided... its only 7 pages, quit bein lazy -_-

Originally Posted by tru350z
Did everyone fix this issue?
I have same problem and car won't start with CPS sensor hooked up. It will only start when i unhook the sensor.
is it the correct sensor? the passenger side camshaft position sensor and the crankshaft position sensor are identical(both straight sensors)

Old 09-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Yeah it is correct sensor.
It did start first with no cel vdc and slip light. It was in fail/safe mode with no light.
Now it won't even start with cps hooked up.

Anyone fix this issue in other way?

Old 09-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Anyone????

Old 09-22-2011, 07:04 PM
VDC Off and Slip only

I'm having a similar problem but my car only shows the VDC OFF and Slip nothing else, can you guys help me out? and also when i turn the steering wheel all the way, sometimes the car brakes and makes a sound that it feels like the back brakes get locked or something. anybody know what's causing this? Thanks. -
Brian

Old 09-22-2011, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by tru350z
Anyone????
PM "The Coupe" it seems liek he was a Nissan/Infiniti Tech, he may be able to help u...

https://g35driver.com/forums/members...the_coupe.html

Old 09-26-2011, 09:49 PM
I having the same problem with my car i changed the braked pads and made sure all the liquids are full and the Engine service soon, VDC Off, and Slip are still on what can this be? I also cleaned all the sensors. If anyone knows what it can be help me..

Old 09-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by BxRYE17
I having the same problem with my car i changed the braked pads and made sure all the liquids are full and the Engine service soon, VDC Off, and Slip are still on what can this be? I also cleaned all the sensors. If anyone knows what it can be help me..
REPLACE the camshaft position sensors

|
|
|
|
V

Originally Posted by the_coupe
I replace a cam sensor in a VQ about every couple days at the shop. if its not the cam sensors, it's the throttle body. all of which will cause a no start, extended crank, slip/vdc lights and the infamous SES.
Originally Posted by G35_TERP
Hopefully my problem is solved for $240. Got both the Sensors replaced and it appears to be driving fine. Will need to get it out on the highway soon to test it out more. Overall much better than what I feared..

Camshaft Position Sensor Kit (bank 1 bank 2 sensors) Replace Cost $182.34
Originally Posted by g35brandon
Had the same exact problem, its pretty common apparently. Car started runng rough, tough to startvdc/slip lights on etc. Ran the codes with my mechanic, picked up the sensor for $66 at autozone and $30 to put it in. Not a terrible fix for all the problems it caused.
Originally Posted by Skyline1904
I just resolved my 3 light SES, VDC and Slip. After trying the small things like unplugging the battery, topping off brake fluid, and changing brake pads and rotors, nothing seemed to work. But just yesterday, my friend brought his OBD 2 diagnostic system, and of course it pulled up the right camshaft sensor. Went to kragen and bought a new sensor for $49.99. It took 10 minutes to replace and BOOM! The issue was resolved. My car starts normally, all my engine power is back, and the 3 lights turned off.

2003 G35 coupe 6MT
Originally Posted by SFLGTURBO
Same exact thing is happening to mine ! I found this : NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 03V455000
Make: INFINITI Model: G35
Model Year: 2003
Manufacturer: NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC. Mfr's Report Date: NOV 04, 2003
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 03V455000
N/A
NHTSA Action Number: N/A
Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
Potential Number of Units Affected: 630000
Summary:
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE CIRCUIT BOARD FOR THE CRANK POSITION SENSOR OR CAM POSITION SENSOR MAY HAVE AN IMPROPER SOLDER JOINT DUE TO SOLDER DEFORMATION CAUSED BY HEAT STRESS ACCELERATED BY THE EXISTENCE OF FLUX RESIDUE DURING THE SOLDERING PROCESS.
Consequence:
THIS COULD CAUSE THE "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" WARNING LIGHT TO COME ON, CREATE A NO START CONDITION, CAUSE REDUCED ENGINE POWER, OR CAUSE THE ENGINE TO STOP RUNNING WITHOUT WARNING DURING VEHICLE OPERATION, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE CRANK POSITION SENSORS. CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR(S), AND IN SOME CASES, THE VARIABLE TIMING CONTROL SENSOR(S). VEHICLES INVOLVED IN A PREVIOUS RECALL CAMPAIGN, 01V357, ARE ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS NEW CAMPAIGN. THE REPLACEMENT SENSORS USED IN THAT CAMPAIGN ARE ALSO AFFECTED. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN ON DECEMBER 22, 2003. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261 OR INFINITI AT 1-800-662-6200.
Notes:
NISSAN RECALL NO. R3022/INFINITI RECALL NO. R3021. CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION¿S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

I'm taking it to the dealer and have it fixed tomorrow, they should take care of it. I don't know why they didn't include 2004's on it. Something should be done about that.
btw, the recall is only on certain VINs of the 2003 G35, my 03 didnt fall under this category unfortunately. just bring it into the dealership and they will pull up all recalls that your car is elgible for.

Last edited by Trickstyle; 04-18-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Tek12x
Hi G35 Crew,

Okay I just got my car back from the dealer and this is the results.

My car status:
2004 G35 Coupe Automatic with 74,000 miles.

The Dealer pulled the error code which was P0340: Camshaft position sensor (PHASE) circuit Bank 1 (infinitihelp.com). These part had gone bad and was replace.

They pulled a code of C1130 from the ABS for the VDC Off, Slip & SES. to which the Dealers stated that the SES light being on can cause VDC to disable an cause light to come on.

Labor was an hour and cost $90.00

Sensor Assy Magnet 23731-6J90B cost $76.00

Diagnostic Cost: $150.00

Luckily I had extended warranty on my car so everything was covered. I only had to pay $100.

I hope this helps out anyone that have a simular issue I had. Thanks everyone fo your help.

Danny A.
I had the same problem, got the cam position sensor replaced, had the VDC off thing reset, codes reset/erased and all was well..........until then a few days later the engine service light came on. It's been on for about a year now with going off a few times for a week or so and then coming back on. The code I pull now is P1614 NATS_MALFUNCTION. I had researched that code once before and if my memory has not failed me I believe I found it had something to do with the MAF meter apparently having a coating on the inside from the factory and that maybe it got washed away when the mechanics might have cleaned the injection system and intake with a cleaning agent of some sort? Does this sound familiar and what can I do to fix what is causing the code P1614 NATS_MALFUNCTION???? Totally confused here! One other thing, the car runs fine but with a slightly higher than normal idle at start-up for a short time. Other than that everything is good!

Old 10-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by richboss302
I had the same problem, got the cam position sensor replaced, had the VDC off thing reset, codes reset/erased and all was well..........until then a few days later the engine service light came on. It's been on for about a year now with going off a few times for a week or so and then coming back on. The code I pull now is P1614 NATS_MALFUNCTION. I had researched that code once before and if my memory has not failed me I believe I found it had something to do with the MAF meter apparently having a coating on the inside from the factory and that maybe it got washed away when the mechanics might have cleaned the injection system and intake with a cleaning agent of some sort? Does this sound familiar and what can I do to fix what is causing the code P1614 NATS_MALFUNCTION???? Totally confused here! One other thing, the car runs fine but with a slightly higher than normal idle at start-up for a short time. Other than that everything is good!
Ha Ha, update a few hours after my earlier post- now the stupid SES light is off again! Lets see how long it stays off this time! LOL

Old 04-18-2012, 09:42 PM
I know some people have been saying to buy OEM sensors but is it REALLY that big of a deal to get normal ones at Autozone or other stores? As long as they work and stop making my car spudder and die im out with it....

Old 04-18-2012, 09:51 PM
doesnt matter

Old 06-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Bump. It's stupid how random this happens.My car was fine just a few days ago then I turn it on now and i've got those 3 lights on with a rough idle and it stalled when I switched it into reverse. Seems a bit rough when switching gears in general when I drive too hmm. Going to get it checked out asap

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Service Engine Soon, VDC Off, Slip lights are all on