The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Service Engine Soon, VDC Off, Slip lights are all on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35_TERP
Just limped mine into the shop with these exact same symptoms. I had the PO345 code, so from reading up on that it looks like its most likely the Sensor but it could be major engine problems. I will keep my fingers crossed and would be glad to join in on letting Infinity there is an issue with this happening with 04's..

Hopefully my problem is solved for $240. Got both the Sensors replaced and it appears to be driving fine. Will need to get it out on the highway soon to test it out more. Overall much better than what I feared..

Camshaft Position Sensor Kit (bank 1 bank 2 sensors) Replace Cost $182.34

The following users liked this post:
AGraff90 (07-06-2012)
Old 07-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VDC OFF, SLIP, and Brake lights on

Originally Posted by Pk_g35
for those who have vdc and slip turn on mainly its cuz of breaks and fluids. Either you need break change or you need to top up fluids. Mine came on and I went into dealer and he said brakes are done on all tires so I checked he was right so that caused it, after changing breaks and adding more fluids to brake line it was 100% again. problem solved
How does the car know that it needs new brakes other than the fact that the fluid is low? In my Sentra, the brake light would start to flicker on and off with acceleration and braking when the fluid would get low, I guess the G just keeps the lights on the instant it senses low fluids? Is there a OBDII code for low brake fluid? My BRAKE, VDC OFF, and SLIP lights came on this morning. No hesitation started, no stalling, no other noticeable things other than the lights. HOPEFULLY, its just the brake fluid, but I find it sort of odd that it would turn on the VDC and SLIP lights as well just for low brake fluid. I will be getting my codes pulled at lunch... giggity.

Thanks

Joe

Old 07-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMac
How does the car know that it needs new brakes other than the fact that the fluid is low? In my Sentra, the brake light would start to flicker on and off with acceleration and braking when the fluid would get low, I guess the G just keeps the lights on the instant it senses low fluids? Is there a OBDII code for low brake fluid? My BRAKE, VDC OFF, and SLIP lights came on this morning. No hesitation started, no stalling, no other noticeable things other than the lights. HOPEFULLY, its just the brake fluid, but I find it sort of odd that it would turn on the VDC and SLIP lights as well just for low brake fluid. I will be getting my codes pulled at lunch... giggity.

Thanks

Joe
I'm just speculating, but to avoid the on/off behavior you saw on your Sentra, its possible that the G waits until it sees low fluid for some set period of time before turning on the lights. That way, a moment of high G's doesn't trigger the light.

Last edited by Evan78; 07-28-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:29 PM
well based on what i experienced when having vdc and slip turn on as well as the brake light it was due to brakes needing change, fluids were fine but i topped it off a bit more just to be safe

Old 07-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tire wear can also cause it. Esp if u are running a 35 series front and a 30 rear.

BigBrownG35 (04-23-2014)
Old 08-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Recall

Hopefully this may help some peole out there with the vdc light, slip light, and sec light being on

http://www.arfc.org/autos/infiniti/g...27/recall.aspx

Old 09-03-2010, 07:04 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My brake light, slip and VDC OFF light have been turning on for the past week randomly. I checked the brake fluid level and it was way down. I filled it up and the problem is gone!

Old 09-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tek12x
Hi G35 Crew,

Okay I just got my car back from the dealer and this is the results.

My car status:
2004 G35 Coupe Automatic with 74,000 miles.

The Dealer pulled the error code which was P0340: Camshaft position sensor (PHASE) circuit Bank 1 (infinitihelp.com). These part had gone bad and was replace.

They pulled a code of C1130 from the ABS for the VDC Off, Slip & SES. to which the Dealers stated that the SES light being on can cause VDC to disable an cause light to come on.

Labor was an hour and cost $90.00

Sensor Assy Magnet 23731-6J90B cost $76.00

Diagnostic Cost: $150.00

Luckily I had extended warranty on my car so everything was covered. I only had to pay $100.

I hope this helps out anyone that have a simular issue I had. Thanks everyone fo your help.

Danny A.
Had the same exact problem, its pretty common apparently. Car started runng rough, tough to startvdc/slip lights on etc. Ran the codes with my mechanic, picked up the sensor for $66 at autozone and $30 to put it in. Not a terrible fix for all the problems it caused.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by todmun
Hopefully this may help some peole out there with the vdc light, slip light, and sec light being on

http://www.arfc.org/autos/infiniti/g...27/recall.aspx
Im gunna call and see if my car is effected because it sounds exactly the same as that recall and its a 2003.

I am having basically the SAME issues as every one here except my lights are not always on. The car will drive fine, then out of no where dies. I can start it up just fine usually but sometimes it takes a few seconds to start.

It happened to me once about 6 months ago, then every once in a whiiiile. Yesterday it died on me about 10 or more times. Very nerve racking taking off from a red light and not knowing if i can make it through.

And again this morning it happened once.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:15 PM
I just had this problem effect me as well. Saturday the car started and ran fine. No bad weather to speak about I get home park as usual. Car sat until 7:30 pm Sunday night I jump in to head to the store car doesn't start at all which is odd it always starts fine.. I turn it over again still nothing, I pause and say wtf crank it again it starts. 3 Lights SES, SLIP and VDC OFF like everyone else. Great do some research on the lights and like people have said check your brake fluid well I have and its full, the brakes were replaces in april or may i forget exactly when and its new pads and rotors all around. So just a little while ago I go to Auto Zone to pull the code its P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP or PHASE) Circuit bank 1 which we all know is the RH side sensor.

Car is a 2005 g35x Sedan with 53,7xx Miles. I am due for an oil change and was going to do it this upcoming weekend. I just got a recall notice in the mail today but its for a Passenger Air Bag problem and my car doesn't seem to be effected *atleast by the diagnosis is lists* so should I order the sensor and replace it myself? It seems rather easy a 10mm socket to take off the engine cover and a 10mm wrench for the sensor bolt. *according to another member* and hopefully that will fix the problem. I've tried the ECU Soft Reset and that didn't do anything and I really don't feel the need to do a hard reset.

I hate how everything runs fine one day and then the next something is broken.

Not sure if this is an issue or not but when I park on the street I park next to the house and the car is at a slight incline / <-- like that drivers side is lower and the passenger side is on the angle just thought i'd throw it out there.

Moneys kind of tight atm so hopefully this won't dig into my vacation savings.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:20 PM
yet another vdc slip light and abs light issue

ok I have searched and nothing sounds like my problem. I was in the McDonalds drive thru when the lights came on but the car ran fine. Drove it home but realized that it felt as if I was riding with one foot on the gas and one on the brake. Got home smelled like very hot rotors so all 4 brakes were on the entire time i was driving. Also vdc slip and abs light on. then I check the car and find I dont have brake lights tail lights work fine signal lights and back up lights fine as well just no brake lights. I look at my wing light and one of the leds fried and actually bubbled and blackend a spot on the plastic of the wing light. I have checked all fuses fluids are fine rotors and brakes and tires are new as of 3 months ago. I cant figure it out at all I took to autozone threw no codes at all which i thought was wierd. any ideas.. so summary brakes dont disengage have no brake light and vdc slip and abs lights on......car runs fine, shifts fine, all other lights work, radio works, ac works, seat heaters work, fuses are fine, tested battery and alternator all fine, im in the dark here

Old 09-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Skygirlxoxo
ok I have searched and nothing sounds like my problem. I was in the McDonalds drive thru when the lights came on but the car ran fine. Drove it home but realized that it felt as if I was riding with one foot on the gas and one on the brake. Got home smelled like very hot rotors so all 4 brakes were on the entire time i was driving. Also vdc slip and abs light on. then I check the car and find I dont have brake lights tail lights work fine signal lights and back up lights fine as well just no brake lights. I look at my wing light and one of the leds fried and actually bubbled and blackend a spot on the plastic of the wing light. I have checked all fuses fluids are fine rotors and brakes and tires are new as of 3 months ago. I cant figure it out at all I took to autozone threw no codes at all which i thought was wierd. any ideas.. so summary brakes dont disengage have no brake light and vdc slip and abs lights on......car runs fine, shifts fine, all other lights work, radio works, ac works, seat heaters work, fuses are fine, tested battery and alternator all fine, im in the dark here
I don't know G35's well, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd start by inspecting the brakes by pulling off the wheels. Check the wheel speed sensors as well. Something made your brakes drag, but what? My guess is that it is related to the ABS or stability control system since they both employ the brakes.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:02 PM
It's a recall !

Same exact thing is happening to mine ! I found this : NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 03V455000
Make: INFINITI Model: G35
Model Year: 2003
Manufacturer: NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC. Mfr's Report Date: NOV 04, 2003
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 03V455000
N/A
NHTSA Action Number: N/A
Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
Potential Number of Units Affected: 630000
Summary:
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE CIRCUIT BOARD FOR THE CRANK POSITION SENSOR OR CAM POSITION SENSOR MAY HAVE AN IMPROPER SOLDER JOINT DUE TO SOLDER DEFORMATION CAUSED BY HEAT STRESS ACCELERATED BY THE EXISTENCE OF FLUX RESIDUE DURING THE SOLDERING PROCESS.
Consequence:
THIS COULD CAUSE THE "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" WARNING LIGHT TO COME ON, CREATE A NO START CONDITION, CAUSE REDUCED ENGINE POWER, OR CAUSE THE ENGINE TO STOP RUNNING WITHOUT WARNING DURING VEHICLE OPERATION, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE CRANK POSITION SENSORS. CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR(S), AND IN SOME CASES, THE VARIABLE TIMING CONTROL SENSOR(S). VEHICLES INVOLVED IN A PREVIOUS RECALL CAMPAIGN, 01V357, ARE ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS NEW CAMPAIGN. THE REPLACEMENT SENSORS USED IN THAT CAMPAIGN ARE ALSO AFFECTED. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN ON DECEMBER 22, 2003. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261 OR INFINITI AT 1-800-662-6200.
Notes:
NISSAN RECALL NO. R3022/INFINITI RECALL NO. R3021. CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION¿S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).
I'm taking it to the dealer and have it fixed tomorrow, they should take care of it. I don't know why they didn't include 2004's on it. Something should be done about that.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:18 PM
I took it to the dealer and they said that was never a recall for the cam sensors... I just gonna have to get the sensor today at autozone and have somebody install it . Code P0340 Right Bank Sensor is $ 53 ( 23731- 5M016; 23731- 6J900 )

Old 09-24-2010, 11:20 PM
I just resolved my 3 light SES, VDC and Slip. After trying the small things like unplugging the battery, topping off brake fluid, and changing brake pads and rotors, nothing seemed to work. But just yesterday, my friend brought his OBD 2 diagnostic system, and of course it pulled up the right camshaft sensor. Went to kragen and bought a new sensor for $49.99. It took 10 minutes to replace and BOOM! The issue was resolved. My car starts normally, all my engine power is back, and the 3 lights turned off.

2003 G35 coupe 6MT

BigBrownG35 (04-23-2014)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Service Engine Soon, VDC Off, Slip lights are all on