Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

RJM Performance adjustable clutch pedal bracket review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
RJM Performance adjustable clutch pedal bracket review

hey everyone, after reading this thread and seeing how many people hate how the clutch pedal feels on the z/g (myself as well), i decided to purchase the RJM Performance adjustable clutch pedal bracket and give it a try. wow does it feel amazing!

full instructions and install pics can be found here- http://www.rjmperformance.com/

the bracket is very good quality- professionally engineered, cleanly cut and welded, all hardware included.
it took me about 3 hours to install, mainly because i had a little trouble with getting the adjuster on to the pedal correctly (tolerance issues with machining) but it all worked out fine. i will say that once the new bracket is in, the one bolt you have to tighten on the left side at the top is really hard to do without a ratcheting wrench, it's really tight to fit your hand(s) in there.

the instructions have a ton of pictures and were very clear with how to remove, swap over, install, and make adjustments. ryan (the creator) suggests to start at about 75% on the adjuster and go from there, this actually felt great for me so i left it set at that level. i adjusted the clutch pushrod to have the engagement point where i wanted it and tightened everything up. no more super stiff pedal! that was the best part, and you can actually feel what's going on more. the car definitely shifts smoother now as it should, i don't have to concentrate as much going from 1st to 2nd anymore lol, and getting up to speed on the highway is silky smooth now.

i have an '04 coupe, no engine/drivetrain mods, stock clutch and everything but i would definitely recommend everyone try it out! it feels a whole lot better than the stock pedal setup. not to mention ryan is a very nice, personable guy. very easy to work with and excellent communication.

also check out UCIMAplaya2's review here

here are a couple of crappy pics of it on my car-

Old 11-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
i've been informed that these 2 issues have been resolved:

Originally Posted by m tr4nch
i had a little trouble with getting the adjuster on to the pedal correctly (tolerance issues with machining) but it all worked out fine.
pins that are pressed into the adjuster didn't quite fit flush against the pedal for me so i had to file them down a tiny bit. this issue has been fixed and no one else should have this problem with new brackets being shipped out.

Originally Posted by m tr4nch
i will say that once the new bracket is in, the one bolt you have to tighten on the left side at the top is really hard to do without a ratcheting wrench, it's really tight to fit your hand(s) in there.
this has also been revised with a simpler design with one long bolt going through the top right side into a captured nut on the left side, rather than one bolt on each side, to save you the headache of trying to squeeze your hand/wrench in to tighten the left side bolt.