Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

official single turbo setup thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
official single turbo setup thread

alright well i searched and couldnt find an official thread so im making one. basically what is your setup, dyno sheet, how many miles boosted, and cost....and of course pics!

ill start with what im planning on doing. shooting for 400whp, possibly using a momentum kit depending on if i find the right deal, rc440cc inj, wally 255, jwt stage 2 clutch etc and some sort of ems.

this thread will be not only to show off what you have but also to inform others wanting to go the single turbo route with what others are going with, hp numbers, reliability, things you would change on your setup etc.

Last edited by giovanniv; 11-20-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Find the right deal....you mean if you can find one at all? The quit making them along time ago and only a few where made. The good news they copied/ripped off the Power lab kits, the bad news is only Intense sells power lab and they are a horrible company to deal with.
If you are set on a single turbo kit Boosted Performance seems to be the best.

The following users liked this post:
giovanniv (11-20-2013)
Old 11-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Well I'm defently not looking to buy new. I have seen a few momentum kits floating around on the facebook g35 group for sale but I haven't pulled the trigger just yet. I have a 6165 t4 turbo that I was going to use on my lexus before I sold it but I'm not too sure if it'd be too small for the g35.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
There is no "official" single turbo thread because each build is different and very few people have them.

Also the Sticky "https://g35driver.com/forums/forced-...ion-noobs.html" pretty much covers it. If you want details about individual builds, read their build threads.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:17 PM
i am fully aware there is no more kits for sale, its mainly a thread to see what "kits/setups" other people pieced together or what is most commonly used. im not looking for something out of a box and just slap it all on the car.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:26 PM
Again, if you want to know what setups people have, use the search function, read their build thread, then ask them any question you may have. No one is going to spoon feed you the info.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
^^^^^^^ this. Also, a momentum kit sells for like 5-6k I think was the last one I saw. If your looking fora. Good kit, go to ebay.................................. Go to the forced induction for noobs.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by giovanniv
im not looking for something out of a box and just slap it all on the car.
Just a FYI 99% of people on here with FI, did in fact buy a kit and slap it on their car with acouple support mods listed in the FI for noobs thread. Then some upgrade that kit over time for more power. Usually the only people with non-kit FI, are the big built motor builds. This isn't hondatech where people piece together random sht off ebay.
(well actually it kinda is now, but that is a whole other discussion)

Old 11-20-2013, 12:56 PM
i know how to use the search function and this thread wasnt made so i could be spoon fed information so itd be great if you didnt make assumptions. i made this thread to see everyones setup, its not like everyone with single turbos made a build thread. getting on a forum nowadays and having contributing members is very rare nowadays. im by no means a noob to FI as I have fully built multiple cars and I did read the FI for noobs thread. im not trying to start a flame war, im just trying to bring the single turbod guys together in one thread to see what has worked for them and what hasnt.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I have to agree with Whosurbuddie on his reply. This thread just seems like a dreamer thread and you would rather have people bring information to you instead of you do research yourself. You're asking people to share their builds with you when you don't have a real build to share yourself.

Also if you want more FI information you should go to my350z instead as they have a lot more technical threads there. If you post something like this there though be prepared to be flamed 100x as much and they won't even be nice about it.

Also you most likely will have to buy an "out of the box" kit to start no matter what, but buy your supporting mods separately.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by giovanniv
i know how to use the search function and this thread wasnt made so i could be spoon fed information so itd be great if you didnt make assumptions. i made this thread to see everyones setup, its not like everyone with single turbos made a build thread. getting on a forum nowadays and having contributing members is very rare nowadays. im by no means a noob to FI as I have fully built multiple cars and I did read the FI for noobs thread. im not trying to start a flame war, im just trying to bring the single turbod guys together in one thread to see what has worked for them and what hasnt.
And you are contributing...... what exactly? Making a usless thread begging others to contribute because you cannot use a simple search function? A 30 second google search would be more informative than the abundance of informaion you contributed.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=G35+single+turbo+build
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=350Z+single+turbo+build

Old 11-20-2013, 01:16 PM
your links do not work..... and no one asked me to answer anything or if someone is asking a question and i know the answer i will contribute and give them knowledge. i guess thats just me though. close this thread since its obviously not getting anywhere....

Old 11-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Look I am forced induction. I have a. Beefed up turbonetics kit, but a fully built motor from the block up. I would agree when it comes to technical support the 350z forums have much much more out there because they have been doing it a lot longer and more often.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:08 PM
And guys we are kinda crashing down on him. I know we all deal with this kind of thing every day, but let's possible ease up a touch??????? . Yea?????

The following users liked this post:
bigc (11-23-2013)
Old 11-23-2013, 09:10 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
OP... If you're serious- the only practical single turbo kit out there right now that will make sense unless you are comfortable fabbing up your own parts is the Boosted Performance kit. Most of the other ones require a substantial amount of work- while the BP kit, even over on my350z, is continuously commended for being an exquisitely produced kit. Easy to install, easy to upgrade... and the product support has never disappointed those who invest in the kit.

You can find him under the username Boosted Performance in my350z, I'm not sure that he's active over here anymore.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: official single turbo setup thread