G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plastic insert broke on my 06 g35 manual

Anyone ever found the part for the litlte piece of plastic that separates the two cup holders? I really need it as it's basically rendered my two cup holders useless.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:37 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by markalexander
First off the headlight bulb works on high beam and not on low beam on the drivers side...can the bulb be bad.
Also I researched the forum for the correct bulb and everything points to a phillips D2R 35w bulb 85126, but when i go to purchase one off the internet it says that bulb will not work for my 2006 g35 sedan....
Any opinons would be greatly appreciated....Thanks
Your low beams are the top bulb and they are, indeed, D2R's (4300K) If your low beam is out either the bulb burned out or the ballast is bad. Like mentioned above, I'd replace both bulbs if one is bad, they change color over time. The Philips bulb should work just fine, just don't buy a D2S, those are for projector headlights.

Your high beam and fog light come from the bottom bulb and they are an H4 halogen bulb. If you have any more questions about factory information for your car, this is an awesome thread to read through, especially the first 2 pages. https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...edan-faqs.html

Last edited by Blue Dream; 04-22-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:04 AM
350z/370z and the G's

I am new here and I was simply wondering do most of the 350z/370's parts aftermarket etc fit the respective g35/g37's.??? For example say I wanted to buy set headers that were built for a 350Z?

Old 04-22-2013, 04:31 AM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Bose Amp Complete Bypass

I'm installing after market speakers and DO NOT want to use the scosche etc adapter for the speakers. I had it installed and turned all the way down and with my volume turned up 50% on an Alpine Unit the speakers were distorting and sounding like **** so I want to go straight to the speakers using the existing wires. How do I bypass the amplifier? Is there one amps or two in the 2003 G35 Sedan? I have tapped into the one I know about under the rear deck for an amp turn on but based on the wiring diagram I think there are two. Basically, I'm trying to avoid running new speaker wire and don't want the amplifier to be used. Thanks!

Old 04-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My VDC-Off, Slip light and Brake light came on this morning. No SES or ABS light. Drives perfectly fine..any suggestions I could try? Im going to try brake fluid and check the fuses, I checked the brake fluid after it came on it seems level and alright.. havent checked the fuses yet though. Any suggestions before I take it to the dealer and they stick it in my rear trying to charge me for the lube to?

Old 04-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by BabySkyline1325
Hey I guys I recently just crashed my less than a week old G35 while taking a turn in the rain. I was rushing to work and the road was wet but the rain had already stopped and I was making a turn and I gave it some gas and the rear end came around so I tried to counter steer but I ran out of room and went straight into the curb. My right rear wheel was bent inwards and rubbing against something so I couldn't even limp the car to work, both right rims were also destroyed. Luckily I was not hurt and I had a valid CAA membership and got a flatbed to bring my car to a Midas I used to do coop at.

I went to the shop earlier and the price to fix the car was approximately $6'000, I bought the car less than a week ago for $7'900.... BUT since I used to work there and was a very good employee the owner said he can get some used parts which are as good as new and fix the car for $2'000.

Now this brings me to my question:

This is the first RWD car that I have owned so I wanna know which side is it best to have the tires with the most tread on the front or the back?? i.e. in a FWD car you would want the tires with the most tread on the front for better braking and accelerating traction.

Also what kind of traction control/stability control system does the '04 G35 sedan have?? I honestly relied way too much on the computers to keep the car in control so I'm wondering if the car just has a basic slip detection and the throttle control to limit slip as opposed to a stability control system where it brakes individual wheels and prevents the car from sliding sideways.

Thanks in advance for any answers / opinions you guys have!
Sucks about your car, I'd guess there would be plenty of used rear suspension parts available to keep your repair costs down.
Put the best tires in the rear, I guess you learned not to drive on bald tires the hard way. The VDC is a full stability control system using brakes and throttle control to keep the car in check, unfortunately for you bald tires negate the systems effectiveness.
Since this may be the first perfomance car you've owned you might want to look into a drivers training course, they can be pretty helpful for young drivers. Some courses even offer track time with an instructor which is the only chance you'd ever get to test the true potential of your car.

The following users liked this post:
G_DiRTY5 (04-23-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy Lavender
I am new here and I was simply wondering do most of the 350z/370's parts aftermarket etc fit the respective g35/g37's.??? For example say I wanted to buy set headers that were built for a 350Z?
A lot of 350Z parts will fit a G35, even suspension, but you have to take weight into consideration there. The 350Z exhaust is 4" shorter than a G35 exhaust but you can get an extension to make it work, and the G shares brakes with many different Nissan and Infiniti models. The only thing you need to look out for are the differences between different G35s. Some differences are as big as different motors and brake systems while others are more subtle like different rotors, and others are small and mostly insignificant like different bulbs for the sun visor mirrors.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by markalexander
First off the headlight bulb works on high beam and not on low beam on the drivers side...can the bulb be bad.
Also I researched the forum for the correct bulb and everything points to a phillips D2R 35w bulb 85126, but when i go to purchase one off the internet it says that bulb will not work for my 2006 g35 sedan....
Any opinons would be greatly appreciated....Thanks
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Your low beams are the top bulb and they are, indeed, D2R's (4300K) If your low beam is out either the bulb burned out or the ballast is bad. Like mentioned above, I'd replace both bulbs if one is bad, they change color over time. The Philips bulb should work just fine, just don't buy a D2S, those are for projector headlights.

Your high beam and fog light come from the bottom bulb and they are an H4 halogen bulb. If you have any more questions about factory information for your car, this is an awesome thread to read through, especially the first 2 pages. https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...edan-faqs.html
^ What he said.

The site might be telling you the bulb won't fit because 2006 coupes have projectors that use D2S, and many sites overlook the different models neglecting the fact that sedans are different or the years are different or even the different motors which will affect other options in these cars.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by BabySkyline1325
Hey I guys I recently just crashed my less than a week old G35 while taking a turn in the rain. I was rushing to work and the road was wet but the rain had already stopped and I was making a turn and I gave it some gas and the rear end came around so I tried to counter steer but I ran out of room and went straight into the curb. My right rear wheel was bent inwards and rubbing against something so I couldn't even limp the car to work, both right rims were also destroyed. Luckily I was not hurt and I had a valid CAA membership and got a flatbed to bring my car to a Midas I used to do coop at.

I went to the shop earlier and the price to fix the car was approximately $6'000, I bought the car less than a week ago for $7'900.... BUT since I used to work there and was a very good employee the owner said he can get some used parts which are as good as new and fix the car for $2'000.

Now this brings me to my question:

This is the first RWD car that I have owned so I wanna know which side is it best to have the tires with the most tread on the front or the back?? i.e. in a FWD car you would want the tires with the most tread on the front for better braking and accelerating traction.

Also what kind of traction control/stability control system does the '04 G35 sedan have?? I honestly relied way too much on the computers to keep the car in control so I'm wondering if the car just has a basic slip detection and the throttle control to limit slip as opposed to a stability control system where it brakes individual wheels and prevents the car from sliding sideways.

Thanks in advance for any answers / opinions you guys have!
You do that for better wear patterns but for safety reasons the newer tires should always go on the rears no matter FWD or RWD!!!

http://www.michelinman.com/tires-101...ing-tires.page

If your G has VDC, then it's an open differential, so it does have slip protection, just not that great, and the open diff design is known to be pretty frail so the part might have been in need of replacement by the time you purchased that car.

Last edited by dofu; 04-22-2013 at 04:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
G_DiRTY5 (04-23-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Question about gas station car washes and something else

Okay so first off I've never brought my G to any of those automated car wash stations cause i've heard that they're horrible for your car's paint, but then I came across this one that's pretty close by my house and it's touchless... Here's the link.

http://www.markvii.net/AquaJet-XT-to...er.9181.0.html

Since it's touch less besides maybe the brushes that clean the wheels.. do you think it's okay? I thought it was the brushes that roll around all over the car that cause damage to the paint. Just wondering because it'd be really convenient lol.

My other question is that.. whenever I go 80+ mph I get bad vibrations all over the car and it only gets steadily worse if I go any faster. Was wondering what might be the problem before I do anything to try to fix it. Wheel balancing needed maybe?

Thanks!

Old 04-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by prinny
Okay so first off I've never brought my G to any of those automated car wash stations cause i've heard that they're horrible for your car's paint, but then I came across this one that's pretty close by my house and it's touchless... Here's the link.

http://www.markvii.net/AquaJet-XT-to...er.9181.0.html

Since it's touch less besides maybe the brushes that clean the wheels.. do you think it's okay? I thought it was the brushes that roll around all over the car that cause damage to the paint. Just wondering because it'd be really convenient lol.

My other question is that.. whenever I go 80+ mph I get bad vibrations all over the car and it only gets steadily worse if I go any faster. Was wondering what might be the problem before I do anything to try to fix it. Wheel balancing needed maybe?

Thanks!
Either do the carwash or you don't. Most cloth carwashes should be fine, but no matter the material that is used to clean your car, dirt trapped in the material can scratch your car whether it's hand washed or not.

As for the vibrations, it can be one of many things, the easiest to check for is the wheel bearings - lift one side of the car so the wheel is in the air, turn it by hand and listen for clicking sounds.
The next easiest to diagnose would be alignment or wheel balance. But the list can go on and on from there.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm trying to take my grill off to repair the crack in the middle, but I can't get the plastic clips off. The one on the left is what the two not shown look like and they just wont come off. If I pry/pull any harder I think I might break something. I can get the one shown on the right off cause the middle pops out, but the other ones are just one solid piece. Any recommendations? Also is there anywhere I can buy some real clips to replace these?

Random Little Question Thread-7mxzupm.jpg

On a related note, what kind of plastic repair would you recommenced for fixing the grill? I will be sanding it down, then putting the repair paste(or whatever) in and I guess sanding again, then priming and painting the whole thing black.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:48 PM
Don't mean to thread jack but :dunno:

I saw this thread and thought I would throw this out there
Things that make you go hmmm.... This my question: I have that "infamous" front end clunk on my 04 sedan, I've changed out all 3 bushings to whiteline on both sides (compression rod, lower inner control arm & shock)
I've put in megan racing lower ball joints in and new endlinks up front. With all that done I still have a knocking on the drivers side when going over small bumps?? Could it be possible that the ball joint on the compression rod has gone bad? Can that ball joint be pressed out like the bushing can? I'm dropped on H&R (sedans) with hp blues . Can anyone chime in on this one

Old 04-22-2013, 07:24 PM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
Old 04-22-2013, 07:51 PM
Hmm... Well I have slotted & cross drilled rotors, but there one piece

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread