G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

B-pillar rust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fais
I believe the warranty extension applies only to the door pillars and door frame area as there is an issue with them. For your fenders, maybe if it falls under the standard 7 year warranty, but they will say it's not covered if it's from a rock chip
nah, they're not even rock chips.
they are really rust coming from no where.
no accidents, no repaint, no mods from that area (like rims or fender roll).
very weird.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmmm in that case they should definitely cover it if you are under the standard rust/corrosion warranty...try a different dealer or maybe call the nissan consumer affairs

Old 09-23-2010, 10:34 PM
I have an IP so it was easy for me to notice these rusts. Everybody should know about this and instect their cars.

Unfortunately, I called them already with a disappointment. They stated that the warranty will only work if the rust is through the paint. Meaning that there should be rusty holes through the body for them to honor the warranty.

I specifically asked them that they would let me drive around with rusty body on my car. I told them that would be a bad advertisement for them. The rep told me that that was the warranty rules. And then I just end up hanging up on her. What a disappointment.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Can you post some pics, I'm curious to see how bad it is...I have a few spots from rock chips I need to get fixed before winter hits and they start spreading

Old 09-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had B-pillar rust on my 2003. It took a bit of arguing but Infiniti eventually stepped up and replaced all 4 doors. Pictures in the link:
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...issed-her.html

Old 09-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Hmmm link doesn't work but I got my car and I'll post a pic today I also have a seal problem. I doubt they'd change the doors because the rust is fairly minor and I'm sure they'll gimme **** before accepting to change or fix ANYTHING. specially. Since I bought it used.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:40 PM
this is after going back and forth 4 - 5 times.

Name:  6aab9410.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  44.5 KB

Name:  07af7b7b.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  67.8 KB

Old 09-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Oh **** I might using the wrong term it at all there that was talking about. I'll post pics soon

Old 09-30-2010, 11:00 AM
So finally got time to take and post pics... here's the issue:

I thought that black overlay was just clipped on. Maybe I'm using the worng term though... maybe it's not the B pillar. My first language being French it is hard for me to find the correct terms.... Sorry.

Attached Thumbnails B-pillar rust-g15-rust.jpg   B-pillar rust-g35-rust1.jpg   B-pillar rust-g35-rust2.jpg  
Old 09-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Ohh wow, that's pretty bad...basically the same thing that happened on mine but way way less than that...I just had a couple of small bubbles on each side on the B-pillars...yours is in really bad shape, I would be really surprised if they didn't cover that under the extended 10 yr warranty specifically for this area even if you bought it used.

Two and a bit years later since I had all four door shells replaced and mine is showing signs of it happening again. I really don't want to go back again cause now I have dynamat in the doors, component speakers and my crossover mounted and holes drilled in the molex connectors to pass speaker wire through and black vinyl over the chrome trim on the outside. I will probably wait until it gets a lot worse before going back to the dealer

Old 09-30-2010, 02:37 PM
At the dealership now... I must say, I've owned acuras, Ford and bimmer. This is by far the worst service ever.

I doubt they'll do anything on warranty even if it suppose to be on it.

Anyway, is that part replaceable? Like just the black plate or it is part of the actual door?

Old 09-30-2010, 04:24 PM
No it's part of the door and it's probably rusting on the inside of the door frame so the whole thing needs to be replaced...they need to at the very least take pictures of it and send it to Nissan who will then need to approve the warranty work

Old 09-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by fais
No it's part of the door and it's probably rusting on the inside of the door frame so the whole thing needs to be replaced...they need to at the very least take pictures of it and send it to Nissan who will then need to approve the warranty work
Yup I noticed that it was part of the door. So when I got to the dealership the dude told me I would have to wait 30 mins. The bodyshop dude finally comes in checks the car and goes:"ya that could be under warranty, but on 1 door cause the other is not rusted enough yet" WTF?!? So I'm like ok... Stupid but do that 1 door then. He then says:" I have 44 other cars to do first and I do 1 car a week". I'm like this dude is ****ing ridiculous! 44 weeks to get me car done!!?!? I lose it! I ask him to give me the manager as it nor just a long waiting time it's absolutely absurd! Finally some dude take the pictures and requested me to fax him my registration for the car.

It is just impossible to have such bad service. I makes no sence... The service manager told me to bring in my car in the used car lot garage so I do that. In the mean time some salesman comes and bitches at me, saying that they need to go in and out all the time. The guys gives me such attitude I ****ing lose it. I told the guy to **** off, that I didn't just open the garage door myself and decided to put my car there and to spare me his god damn attitude. I am still pissed the **** off at this. Problem is the clossest other dealership is like 30 min away! I need to write up a letter and send it in to the owner of the dealership because it's just unacceptable.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That rust is exactly what mine looked like. If you peel back the weather stripping on the door you will probably see that it is rusting from inside the weld.

I fought with Infiniti dealers in Detroit, Pittsburgh and Houston for years before they agreed to do anything about it. Typical response was from the service reps was "Yep, it's rusty. But it hasn't rusted through yet".

Old 10-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by harrisot
That rust is exactly what mine looked like. If you peel back the weather stripping on the door you will probably see that it is rusting from inside the weld.

I fought with Infiniti dealers in Detroit, Pittsburgh and Houston for years before they agreed to do anything about it. Typical response was from the service reps was "Yep, it's rusty. But it hasn't rusted through yet".
Yup you're right on. I will contact the dealership again Monday if not I will try to open a a file with the complaint to Infiniti Canada and see if that helps. I'm really disappointed and surprised at the service with Infiniti.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: B-pillar rust