G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Jdm power folding mirror question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Are the relays oem or you brought them from shop?

Old 05-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i can get u some cheaper than the ones on ebay with a switch more than likely. im in japan now and always looking at parts for my V35.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by neo_anderson302
Are the relays oem or you brought them from shop?
The relays that JDM_cain has are OEM ones as I recall.

In actuality, relays are not needed to run these. The relays as far as I can figure are strictly for the OEM 'auto fold' feature. This feature operates as follows:

KEY FAB ~ LOCK ~ : Mirrors fold in
KEY IN IGNITION, KEY TURNED TO "ON" POSITION: Mirrors fold out

The switch is a separate deal. The relays are there to ensure that when the auto feature is being used, the switch won't work. And vise-versa. Obviously if you had these crossed you can create a short (opposing polarities)

Old 05-02-2012, 01:04 PM
I got you. I have a buddy in japan and he looked at a few v35 and he didnt see the relay. Sucks! What relay would it be if I went to radio shack or a electronic shop.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Once again, a relay is NOT NEEDED unless you want to wire in the auto-fold function.

I'll warn you, that's no easy task. I had to figure all the wiring out myself it was pretty complicated, had to order some special relays to get it to work also. I will be doing a write up on it whenever I get time to put it all together. Either way, you do NOT need the relays to use these, you jsut need the switch.

The following users liked this post:
CandlestickPark (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 06:29 PM
I understand that. Now does anyone have the wiring diagram for just using the switch? Also, mention I have the heated mirror function.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:31 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
I didn't even realize that these had the auto fold function. I'm even more excited to get these on my car now haha.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:51 PM
I understand that. Now does anyone have the wiring diagram for just using the switch? Also, mention I have the heated mirror function.
You'll want to read through this thread https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...e-mirrors.html
Some of my pre-lim pics and info for my DIY are in there. I also explained the Defrost element hook up in minor detail, as I wanted to hook mine up also, and did.

All of the wires are the same colour. You'll have a total of 3 extra wires on the JDM switch.

1 is black, it's for your Illumination Ground, because the JDM switch has a light and the USDM one doesn't. This can either be left disconnected, or if you want the light, you'll need to tap into any one of your illumination circuits on the Ground side. The dimmer is closest but hardest to hook up, I recommend the Cig lighter illumination, it's closer and easier to figure out.

The other 2 wires are the outputs to the Mirrors for folding. These are Neutral wires, they work just like your power window motor.

When you want to fold in, one is + the other is -
When you want to fold out, they reverse.

So all you need to do, to have this work in it's most basic form:

Splice the new JDM window switch harness into the USDM harness, use all the same wires and terminals, do not cross any wires.

Now you have 3 left over wires on the JDM harness.

disregard the black one, and hook the other two up to your window motors. You'll need to test which is fold in and which is fold out. this is simple enough to do once you run your wires.

Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
I didn't even realize that these had the auto fold function. I'm even more excited to get these on my car now haha.
I didn't know about it either. All I knew was I wanted them to function automatically. After doing some digging I found out that that's an option for the JDM V35's, this auto feature, and that's where the relays come in with this whole thing.

I'll be hooking mine up just a bit different though, I'm going to have my mirrors:

Lock = Fold in
Unlock = Fold out

The key in ignition "on" makes sense (how they did it OEM), but I want it fully controlled via remote. And parking isn't that tight that I'll need them folded in while entering/exiting the car.

All this talk about it is making me want to go wire those relays in and get the auto feature working

Blue Dream (05-03-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
ugh so these came on the coupes or not? i kno 350z had'em and only see the sedan ones

Old 05-02-2012, 10:36 PM

I'd put money down that they were an option, as almost all luxury cars came with power folding mirrors in Japan. Heck it's an option I think on even econo-boxes.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:55 AM
Ok, thanks. Cant wait to install them on a nice day.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by JDM_Cain
Here's a picture of the switch installed...I had to dremel out a hole for it..

How did you mount this switch? You have the mirror fold switch upside down and the mirror direction switch right side up. How you achieve this?

thanks.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by TunerMax
You'll want to read through this thread https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...e-mirrors.html
Some of my pre-lim pics and info for my DIY are in there. I also explained the Defrost element hook up in minor detail, as I wanted to hook mine up also, and did.

All of the wires are the same colour. You'll have a total of 3 extra wires on the JDM switch.

1 is black, it's for your Illumination Ground, because the JDM switch has a light and the USDM one doesn't. This can either be left disconnected, or if you want the light, you'll need to tap into any one of your illumination circuits on the Ground side. The dimmer is closest but hardest to hook up, I recommend the Cig lighter illumination, it's closer and easier to figure out.

The other 2 wires are the outputs to the Mirrors for folding. These are Neutral wires, they work just like your power window motor.

When you want to fold in, one is + the other is -
When you want to fold out, they reverse.

So all you need to do, to have this work in it's most basic form:

Splice the new JDM window switch harness into the USDM harness, use all the same wires and terminals, do not cross any wires.

Now you have 3 left over wires on the JDM harness.

disregard the black one, and hook the other two up to your window motors. You'll need to test which is fold in and which is fold out. this is simple enough to do once you run your wires.

I didn't know about it either. All I knew was I wanted them to function automatically. After doing some digging I found out that that's an option for the JDM V35's, this auto feature, and that's where the relays come in with this whole thing.

I'll be hooking mine up just a bit different though, I'm going to have my mirrors:

Lock = Fold in
Unlock = Fold out

The key in ignition "on" makes sense (how they did it OEM), but I want it fully controlled via remote. And parking isn't that tight that I'll need them folded in while entering/exiting the car.

All this talk about it is making me want to go wire those relays in and get the auto feature working

Just to clean this up. The Red and Green/Black are the fold in and fold out wires.

Also there are 2 black wires and you have to figure out which one is the illmination and ground because they both are just black.

TunerMax (05-29-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 08:22 PM
How did you mount this switch? You have the mirror fold switch upside down and the mirror direction switch right side up. How you achieve this?

thanks.
Same as I did/ The USDM console piece only allows you to moutn this way really. The JDM one is reversed mounting.

I took my **** apart and turned it 180 to acheive the 'backwards' way. I'd assume he did the same.

Actually, if you really really look at the pictures, it makes more sense the way he and I have it, than the way it is stock

Doesn't really look right either way, the indicator pics are weird

Just to clean this up. The Red and Green/Black are the fold in and fold out wires.

Also there are 2 black wires and you have to figure out which one is the illmination and ground because they both are just black.
Thanks. Yes that's correct about the Black wires. I don't remember about the fold in/out, but it's pretty obvious that they're the extra 2 wires when comparing to the old harness/switch.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:05 PM
How do you take the **** apart to rotate 180 degrees?

I really didnt realize how much work this took. I would have avoided all this. Note the JDM gauge cluster console doesn't work on the usdm steering column, maybe unless you get the console pieces.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Jdm power folding mirror question