G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Redline SI-1 fuel injector cleaner procedures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redline SI-1 fuel injector cleaner procedures

Hi guys,

I'm going to order a bottle of Redline SI-1 to clean the fuel injectors in my '06 G35 sedan. I only have ~58,000 miles on it right now, but the person I bought the car from didn't seem to take very good care of the car at all (e.g. irregular maintenance schedule, sub-par replacement parts, etc.). I'm a little vague on the procedures, and so would appreciate some help, and I do apologize that I'm a noob when it comes to my G.

1) It's my understanding that the cleaner should be added when the tank is near empty. Most likely I'll be at the gas station at that point so can I fill it up right after adding the cleaner, right?

2) I'm also told that once the cleaner is added that I should use up the gas as soon as possible. Is this true? I drive around the city for a living and so emptying that full tank within 7-8 days shouldn't be a problem.

3) How often should I be using the Redline to clean my injectors? Most people I've talked to don't even do it on their G's or BMWs...

Thanks!

Old 08-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
1. Yes, it will mix much better this way think about it
2. No, Driving highway then turning the car off for a few hours then back on was best for cleaning. Like Driving to work and back. So there is no need to need to waste it all. Just drive normally. If you use the whole bottle you should wait until a tank or two before you change your oil.
3. The SAE Paper showed that lower dilution levels of PEA still cleaned just slower than higher concentrations, this is over 3000+ miles, you can put 6oz of product in per 20 Gallons.

The bottle lists a shock dose of putting the whole bottle in at once, it will clean but not as much as putting a smaller amount over time. Anything that cleans instantly you do not want as it can cause more issues then you want.

With 6oz you are looking at 0.070% - 0.117% PEA Concentration with Redline Si-1 in 20 Gal

Old 08-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
1. Yes, it will mix much better this way think about it
2. No, Driving highway then turning the car off for a few hours then back on was best for cleaning. Like Driving to work and back. So there is no need to need to waste it all. Just drive normally. If you use the whole bottle you should wait until a tank or two before you change your oil.
3. The SAE Paper showed that lower dilution levels of PEA still cleaned just slower than higher concentrations, this is over 3000+ miles, you can put 6oz of product in per 20 Gallons.

The bottle lists a shock dose of putting the whole bottle in at once, it will clean but not as much as putting a smaller amount over time. Anything that cleans instantly you do not want as it can cause more issues then you want.

With 6oz you are looking at 0.070% - 0.117% PEA Concentration with Redline Si-1 in 20 Gal
Thanks so much for the reply. I'm going to pick some up and use them regularly. Once a month sound OK?

Old 08-19-2012, 12:06 AM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
Meh, Id rather go the 6oz every fill up, but that depends if you want to spend money to do that.

If you just want to clean the injectors this should work fine with the shock dose. There are many people who do it every oil change.

I have been doing 6oz a tank and in a few tanks(~1000 miles) noticed the top of the cylinder getting cleaned so I know its working.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
Meh, Id rather go the 6oz every fill up, but that depends if you want to spend money to do that.

If you just want to clean the injectors this should work fine with the shock dose. There are many people who do it every oil change.

I have been doing 6oz a tank and in a few tanks(~1000 miles) noticed the top of the cylinder getting cleaned so I know its working.
Haha I see, this is meant to be used regularly...

Thank you!