Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Window Motor Reset... Nothing Under Button!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Motor Reset... Nothing Under Button!

I don't understand this... hopefully someone can help me out. I was having a problem with my window motor. Occasionally it wouldn't respond and I'd have to hit the switch a couple times. Finally, it died. I took it apart and realized the motor brushes were worn down, so I replaced those. Good as new. BUT, when I went to reset the motor, nothing worked. Out of curiosity I took the rubber button off to make sure everything was aligned, and noticed there was nothing under it but plastic. I figured it was misaligned, so I pulled the lid off to see what was going on and that's where I'm completely stuck. It looks like everything is aligned the way it should be, but there is nothing for the rubber reset button to press against. I'm totally confused... it did work before the brush repair. Is there a piece that somehow went missing? I've looked all over the internet to try to get an idea what these things look like when pulled apart, and can't find anything. If someone has a spare one that died and you can pry the lid off and send me a photo of, I'd really appreciate it!! I can't spend $200 to $300 for a new motor just because the stupid reset switch. At the same time, it is so annoying having the window drop an inch every time I open the door and not roll back up when I close the door.

Attached Thumbnails Window Motor Reset... Nothing Under Button!-1.jpg   Window Motor Reset... Nothing Under Button!-3.jpg   Window Motor Reset... Nothing Under Button!-4.jpg   Window Motor Reset... Nothing Under Button!-5.jpg   Window Motor Reset... Nothing Under Button!-6.jpg  

Old 02-20-2014, 05:49 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
it was never literally a button. that disc spins and when u press the rubber "button" it stops the disc from spinning. somewhere in that process that's how the motor sets itself

Old 02-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
it was never literally a button. that disc spins and when u press the rubber "button" it stops the disc from spinning. somewhere in that process that's how the motor sets itself
All this technology and someone went putting some Flinstones style invention in the car?! Well thanks for the explanation... I thought I was going crazy. Looks like the problem resetting is a straight up malfunction of the motor then... too bad.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
I suggest hitting up orielys or autozone for new motors. they come with lifetime replacement which is awesome imo. in 3 years im on my second set which isn't bad I think considering I put my windows up and down everyday. rarely use the AC