Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Any G have license plate lights as bright as these? ;)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any G have license plate lights as bright as these? ;)

So im in the process of modding my gf's E92...

First mod is LED License plate lights. There are 12 or 16 LED's per unit (1 on each side). I cant remember... but notice how CRAZY bright they are!!! JEEPERS!!

Im thinking if I wanna do something this bright on mine.

Name:  DSC01418.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  36.4 KB

these are mine:

Name:  DSC01110.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  35.0 KB

Mine are 5 or 6 led's per bulb.

Her light trail at night IS SICK!!!

Im doing Angel Eyes and 8500 HID fog lights on her car next! Should be good!!

Old 07-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
please don't put those bulbs on yours, too bright man...it looks like she's in reverse. sure you could go a little brighter but hers are overkill. but hey, what do i know. I still haven't put them on mine yet.

as for angel eyes, hell yeah, that's the ONLY reason i would ever consider rockin' a bimmer, and what's a bimmer without angel eyes. I'd hit that first. the fogs will look hawwt too.

but wes, dont use her car to start neglecting yours (wink wink- drrrrrrrrrrroooop!)

Old 07-13-2009, 03:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The one's I have from Hoen are pretty much as bright as my friend's E92 except the license plate area is smaller on our cars, that means the E92's lights will always look brighter.
Since I blacked out the area where the license plate sits along with the valance (only one so far ), it should be just as bright on your car Wes.

Name:  DSC_0196.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  79.9 KB

My 2 license plate LEDs started flickering after a year of use (just switched them up with 2 LEDs from the interior for the time being).
I'm going for v-leds this time around, I've heard their SMT LEDs are nice and bright and excellent quality. Plus this way I'll change the visors, glovebox, and reverse lights and have them all match.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have these v-led's:

they are 2 watt m-smt. Not sure you can go brighter on this type of assembly without melting.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Hmmm...
Those look good Cabad.

I'm looking at these ones http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...-p4481039.html but now I don't know if I should go for the ones you posted.
The luminous intensity of the M-SMT's in 80lm and the regular SMT's is 20lm.
Do you find them to be a little too bright?
My current Hoen LEDs have a lower luminous intensity than the 5 LED SMT's and they're plenty bright. Plus I like the fact that they have one LED on each side and one in the middle.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:23 AM
It's a matter of pref really, I really like bright white LED's. I used the 2 watt ones in my parking lights and license plate lights. I did lots of research/design projects involving LED tech in my college days, so i know a little bit about LED tech. These are the brightest ones I have seen in this package, I have dealt with 3W+ LED's(cree/luxeon) in design work and they pump out a lot of heat and are sensitive to voltage/current regulation. These 2 watt ones do put out some heat, but very low to what i have felt/seen. i have had them on for 4 months so far.

for the brightest ones i recommend the following:
50 lumen Radial
80 lumen forward firing(my parking/license plate lights)

Old 07-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Post pics of the girl

Old 07-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Cabad85
It's a matter of pref really, I really like bright white LED's. I used the 2 watt ones in my parking lights and license plate lights. I did lots of research/design projects involving LED tech in my college days, so i know a little bit about LED tech. These are the brightest ones I have seen in this package, I have dealt with 3W+ LED's(cree/luxeon) in design work and they pump out a lot of heat and are sensitive to voltage/current regulation. These 2 watt ones do put out some heat, but very low to what i have felt/seen. i have had them on for 4 months so far.

for the brightest ones i recommend the following:
50 lumen Radial
80 lumen forward firing(my parking/license plate lights)
Interesting...
So since you have decent knowledge about this.
What would you recommend for the interior?

I'm guessing the best choice for the license plate and parking lights would be the ones you posted, but for the interior as you may know, it would be annoying if they're too bright since the lights are right in front of your eyes in a closed space.

Would the 5 LED SMT be a good choice?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:15 AM
actually for the interior, i have superbrightleds(been installed for 13 months, no issues), the front map lights and trunk light are 12 led regular type and the rest are 5 led regular type. the interior ones are bright enough for me, sometimes too bright, lol! but the ones you linked to should be more than bright enough. you really can't go wrong with v-leds. on a side note i havent had any issues with my superbrightleds although i have read others have. but they are cheaper(non m-smt/smt), and to me the interior ones arent exposed to the elements as much so i wasnt too concerned with durability.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Great, thanks for the reply.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by johnnyzee
please don't put those bulbs on yours, too bright man...it looks like she's in reverse. sure you could go a little brighter but hers are overkill. but hey, what do i know. I still haven't put them on mine yet.

as for angel eyes, hell yeah, that's the ONLY reason i would ever consider rockin' a bimmer, and what's a bimmer without angel eyes. I'd hit that first. the fogs will look hawwt too.

but wes, dont use her car to start neglecting yours (wink wink- drrrrrrrrrrroooop!)
haha your not feeling it eh? lol

here is a better shot... it doesnt look like reverse lights! trust!!!

Name:  DSC01408.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  46.5 KB

yes! angel eyes! they are sweet. But no worries.. im still modding my car. hehe Im just channeling out my "modding" energy till I have enough funds to mod my car again.

Originally Posted by Borna
The one's I have from Hoen are pretty much as bright as my friend's E92 except the license plate area is smaller on our cars, that means the E92's lights will always look brighter.
Since I blacked out the area where the license plate sits along with the valance (only one so far ), it should be just as bright on your car Wes.

My 2 license plate LEDs started flickering after a year of use (just switched them up with 2 LEDs from the interior for the time being).
I'm going for v-leds this time around, I've heard their SMT LEDs are nice and bright and excellent quality. Plus this way I'll change the visors, glovebox, and reverse lights and have them all match.
hey your LED's looks pretty nice Borna! I love it. Much nicer than mine. But they are flickering you say? boo... replace em with something better!

Old 07-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Borna
Hmmm...
Those look good Cabad.

I'm looking at these ones http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...-p4481039.html but now I don't know if I should go for the ones you posted.
The luminous intensity of the M-SMT's in 80lm and the regular SMT's is 20lm.
Do you find them to be a little too bright?
My current Hoen LEDs have a lower luminous intensity than the 5 LED SMT's and they're plenty bright. Plus I like the fact that they have one LED on each side and one in the middle.
I bought these, because they had the heat sink around the LED. I thought since they'd be on continously at night, that it may be beneficial in the long run but who knows.

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...-p4481133.html

They're plenty bright too.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
I bought these, because they had the heat sink around the LED. I thought since they'd be on continously at night, that it may be beneficial in the long run but who knows.

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...-p4481133.html

They're plenty bright too.
Hmmm...
I think I'll get a pair of these, but only for the parking lights.
They don't have a very wide viewing angle (95*) so I don't think I'll be too happy with them for the license plate.
Interior I'm just gonna get the ones I posted first and license plate will be the ones Cabad posted.
These should be perfect for the parking lights though since people say LEDs can get ruined from the extra heat caused by the HIDs.
Thanks Sanford.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:04 PM
i dont know for some reason whenever i see your car i have the feelings its gonna transform into something. im not crazy but i get the feeling its gonna grow arms and legs

Old 07-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by sunny G-35 NYC
i dont know for some reason whenever i see your car i have the feelings its gonna transform into something. im not crazy but i get the feeling its gonna grow arms and legs
? hahaha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any G have license plate lights as bright as these? ;)