Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Help with suspension noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 06:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Help with suspension noise

Hey nor cal!
Ok so in going to be putting on a used set of coil overs on soon. I am having some major squeaking coming from the front suspension! Seriously it sounds like a 50's pick up! So I recently put on kinetics adjustable upper control arms and have no doubt they are part of it. I will re grease them at time of install.
Questions: first when I do put on the coils, is there any bushings or other parts I should replace before the install? I have replaced the lower control arms and the bushings that always go bad( I forget what they are called) with white line. I would like to do everything at once while I have the car torn apart.
Second: any ideas on what might cause the squeaking? Other than the upper control arms?
Thanks for any help you can give

Old 03-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Any of those polyurethane bushings can squeek if they aren't greased well enough, but its most likely the kinetix arms bushings. They have a zirk fitting tho so just load em up with lithium grease. The control arm and compression rod bushings tho, did you use silicone grease? Energy supplies it with their bushings. Real nasty nasty sticky thick stuff. That's what you need to use tho.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ughhh.... i gotta replace my compression rod bushings too...

been in touch with bythebay, but Ive been laggin

Old 03-27-2014, 07:14 AM
Don't just replace the bushings tho. The rods have an irreplaceable ball joint too. You need the whole rod, but you want poly bushings. It's the only way to go on our cars. I have a brand new set with new ball joint and poly bushings. I'll grese em up and send em to you for $250+shipping.

Old 09-06-2014, 02:06 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I'm sure you got this figured out by now

So if you have not figured it out yet. The kinetics don't have Grease fittings you need to pull back the cover and pack the crap out of them with grease. I had this same problem...
Originally Posted by rwcblkcoupe
Hey nor cal!
Ok so in going to be putting on a used set of coil overs on soon. I am having some major squeaking coming from the front suspension! Seriously it sounds like a 50's pick up! So I recently put on kinetics adjustable upper control arms and have no doubt they are part of it. I will re grease them at time of install.
Questions: first when I do put on the coils, is there any bushings or other parts I should replace before the install? I have replaced the lower control arms and the bushings that always go bad( I forget what they are called) with white line. I would like to do everything at once while I have the car torn apart.
Second: any ideas on what might cause the squeaking? Other than the upper control arms?
Thanks for any help you can give

Old 09-06-2014, 03:14 AM
Huh? My kinetix have zerk fittings.